Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Just to remove any doubts I contacted the hotel to confirm and they have indeed confirmed that free seaplane is applicable to points bookings over 7 nights.. This was key for me as I have not extended my points reservation by 2 nights!
Old May 23, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by salehir
Just to remove any doubts I contacted the hotel to confirm and they have indeed confirmed that free seaplane is applicable to points bookings over 7 nights.. This was key for me as I have not extended my points reservation by 2 nights!
Did you mean to say, "7 nights or more?" Over 7 nights indicates from 8 nights on.

James
zack14 likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Did you mean to say, "7 nights or more?" Over 7 nights indicates from 8 nights on.

James
Sorry I meant to say 7 or more nights. And I dId extend my reservation by 2 nights and that to a st regis suite for only 500usd more in total.

overall I pay 700usd less get 2 extra nights and stay at the st regis suite I think that's a good bargain.
Flying for Fun and TSTraveler like this.
Old May 23, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Sorry I meant to say 7 or more nights. And I dId extend my reservation by 2 nights and that to a st regis suite for only 500usd more in total.

overall I pay 700usd less get 2 extra nights and stay at the st regis suite I think that's a good bargain.
That is awesome! At least the savings will help to offset an additional 40% in F&B expenses.

James
Old May 26, 2020, 10:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt
I updated my reservation from 5 nights to 7 nights to quilfy for this promotions via points advance booking but the hotel told me since my exisitng reservations was orginally confirmed before the promotion I would need to cancel and rebook to qualify. I afraid since I don't see any OWV available on points I won't be able to rebook if I cancel. How can I go about this situation since we want to stay in the OWV. Any advice is greatly appricated. TIA
Old May 28, 2020, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jescobar46
I updated my reservation from 5 nights to 7 nights to quilfy for this promotions via points advance booking but the hotel told me since my exisitng reservations was orginally confirmed before the promotion I would need to cancel and rebook to qualify. I afraid since I don't see any OWV available on points I won't be able to rebook if I cancel. How can I go about this situation since we want to stay in the OWV. Any advice is greatly appricated. TIA
I am in the same boat as you. We have a 12 night stay in October. It would make a HUGE difference to get the free transfer. But when I try to make a booking, there are no more OVW villas for points + cash upgrade for the dates.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
Old May 29, 2020, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by RNatlDLgal
I am in the same boat as you. We have a 12 night stay in October. It would make a HUGE difference to get the free transfer. But when I try to make a booking, there are no more OVW villas for points + cash upgrade for the dates.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
Originally Posted by Jescobar46

I think they've removed this offer as I don't see it anymore
Old May 29, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
I was able to book an OWV for 7 nights for points yesterday and did see the offer listed on their website. I could not get the offer to connect to my booking. I also do not see the offer today. I called the Marriott Platinum customer service number and explained the situation. They created a case# for me and sent it to the St. Regis Maldives. I was told to expect a communication from the hotel in 5 to 7 days.
Old May 29, 2020, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by TravelKAL
I was able to book an OWV for 7 nights for points yesterday and did see the offer listed on their website. I could not get the offer to connect to my booking. I also do not see the offer today. I called the Marriott Platinum customer service number and explained the situation. They created a case# for me and sent it to the St. Regis Maldives. I was told to expect a communication from the hotel in 5 to 7 days.
I had made a booking about a week ago but only deducted my points for it today. I too do not have the offer connected to my rate instead it shows all the different offers that they've updated to like the discounts on SPA etc.

I did email the hotel directly to confirm the offer is still applicable. Will wait to see the response.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I had made a booking about a week ago but only deducted my points for it today. I too do not have the offer connected to my rate instead it shows all the different offers that they've updated to like the discounts on SPA etc.

I did email the hotel directly to confirm the offer is still applicable. Will wait to see the response.
Not a suprise, they have been alerted to the fact the offer was still on the website and available for booking for a time they now expect to be busy (hence all nights for the end of the year are peak) and thus pulled the rate. It was unfortunataly quite predictable. If you booked when the offer was there they should honour it, if when you booked it didnt I cant imagine they will.
Old May 29, 2020, 1:56 pm

Not sure how true this is, but it looks like the Maldives will be requiring a minimum stay of 14 days. This site won't let me post the link because I am new, but Google the topic.

Big impact on budget and travel. They are restricting a lot of countries also.
Old May 30, 2020, 3:28 am

Not sure how true this is, but it looks like the Maldives will be requiring a minimum stay of 14 days. This site won't let me post the link because I am new, but Google the topic.

Yes just saw this too and agree its going to impact quite alot of tourists. Definitely not going to be any hotel demand till all this clears up
Old May 30, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat

It's fake.
Old May 30, 2020, 1:30 pm

Received a Response from Hotel

I received an email from the St. Regis this morning confirming that they are honoring the offer of the seaplane transfer as a part of the booking that I made. I think emailing them for written confirmation is the way to go. For those that need the info:

[email protected]

Old May 30, 2020, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
It's fake.
There is no 14 day requirement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.