Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Just posted a comparison report with Conrad Rangali (stay with toddlers) on its thread. If interested here is my post.

Also changed the wiki about the revolving fruit basket and the afternoon tea, which has to be requested with some butlers.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:16 pm

Surfing

Hey,
does anyone go surfing?
Best regards
Philip
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by Artemio
Just posted a comparison report with Conrad Rangali (stay with toddlers) on its thread. If interested here is my post.

Also changed the wiki about the revolving fruit basket and the afternoon tea, which has to be requested with some butlers.
Appreciate the comparison/review. Ive been to both and I think I would go back to Conrad with kids.. feel the same?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by schattenwirt
Hey,
does anyone go surfing?
Best regards
Philip
There is not really surfing level waves by the resort, you would need to sail quite a bit to find waves I would say.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by schattenwirt
Hey,
does anyone go surfing?
Best regards
Philip
I'm always looking for nice resorts that can supply a surfing experience.
A company called Tropic Surf runs a "surf program" at the following resorts in the
Maldives...
1 Anantara Dhigu, Maldives
2 Anantara Veli, Maldives
3 Naladhu, Maldives
4 Four Seasons Resort Kuda Huraa, Maldives
5 Four Seasons Resort Landaa Giraavaru, Maldives
6 COMO Maalifushi, Maldives
7 Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives
8 Voavah Four Seasons Private Island, Maldives
9 Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
10 Four Seasons Explorer Charter, Maldives
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is not really surfing level waves by the resort, you would need to sail quite a bit to find waves I would say.
and you can't bring a surf board on the seaplane... I read somehwere that u need to private charter the whole seaplane if you want to bring a surfboard..
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
and you can't bring a surf board on the seaplane... I read somehwere that u need to private charter the whole seaplane if you want to bring a surfboard..
I had not thought of that, but true that is a problem as well. Maybe just have the St Regis yatch pick up in Malé
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
True... but if you are availing yourself of Tropic Surf they provide boards.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Artemio

Thanks for the recap. Interesting read.

I noticed you updated that the afternoon tea is a platinum amenity. But if I am not mistaken afternoon tea is available to everyone at the St Regis. That being said I am not sure about the revolving fruit basket.

Last edited by beastieb; Jul 22, 2019 at 3:20 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by beastieb
Thanks for the recap. Interesting read.

I noticed you updated that the afternoon tea is a platinum amenity. But if I am not mistaken afternoon tea is available to everyone at the St Regis. That being said I am not sure about the revolving fruit basket.
Oups, my bad! Actually I don't know about both of them.
I just added the "on request" for the revolving fruit basket. Since it was already mentioned in the platinum amenity chapter, I guess that's correct.

But for the afternoon tea, I just put it there without thinking any further . So yes, it may be for every guest. If someone can confirm, I will definitely correct it in the wiki.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), WoH Globalist, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Got a 5 night stay on OWV for 440k points this mid-December. Wondering how successful folks are at requesting for preferred room assignments? If I don't get any upgrades to SOWV, looking at being assigned to 522-528 (hopefully) for more privacy.

Referring to the room tips: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27779610-post274.html
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:07 pm

Going from Sep1-6th. Just upgraded to OWV . Can't wait!

Hope it won't rain much.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by reymal
Got a 5 night stay on OWV for 440k points this mid-December. Wondering how successful folks are at requesting for preferred room assignments? If I don't get any upgrades to SOWV, looking at being assigned to 522-528 (hopefully) for more privacy.

Referring to the room tips: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27779610-post274.html
How did you get it for that amount of points? Shouldn't it be 540k points?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
After almost 2 weeks of emailing the resort, I finally have the correct Marriott Bonvoy points posted to my account. First, I only received the 5 nights credit with no points on F&B, then they posted the points but treated the spending as MVR instead of USD, then finally posted the correct amount today. I didn't have too many expenses and based on my folio, I think all of my F&B spending including alcohol and the service fees and taxes they charged on each bill actually earned points. Only the extra gratuities I added to each restaurant bill did not earn points.

The resort sent me this but I don't think it's true regarding tax and service charges... unless they calculated the points incorrectly for me.
Earnings not eligible are Tax, Service charges, Seaplane transfer, gratuities, retail shop charges, watersports & Diving.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by larciel
Going from Sep1-6th. Just upgraded to OWV . Can't wait!

Hope it won't rain much.
Hi, did you pay for your upgrade or was this complimentary? If you paid, how much was it in total? Was this reflected in your reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.