Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Alaska 75K, AA EP, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, UA silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
I’ve read some recent reviews that stated the airport lounge by the seaplanes was under renovation. Can anyone confirm this has been completed and the lounge is open? TIA
It was open with no ongoing renovations last Saturday.
lagunas2k likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I’ve read some recent reviews that stated the airport lounge by the seaplanes was under renovation. Can anyone confirm this has been completed and the lounge is open? TIA
doesn't make any sense to renovate it now. It's in great shape.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Cll1881
Also, I know it’s been asked a few times on here...here is the response I received when asking about points earning:

“Earnings not eligible are Tax, Service charges, Seaplane transfer, gratuities, retail shop charges, watersports & Diving.”
I got the same. What are peoples experience around F&B and points?

For stays in North America, I get points on the full F&B, so I the bill total was 30$, I would get points on that 30$.

I can not for the life of my determine how St. Regis Maldives calculated the points they awarded me.

We also had a 5000 points per day bonus attached to our room rate which has not been given for our stay in April and I can not get anything to deal with.

I have email the resort, called Marriott to open multiple cases, emailed stay add with all of the documents and haven't gotten anywhere. From the folio, I calculate I am short ~110k points, so it's not a small amount.

Maybe one of the lurkers can help! I have the stay and f&b folio's plus a copy of the room rate details.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

what are the settings on your camera for
something like this? I’ve never been able to get a clear shot without stars tracking on long exposure.
I think it was 16mm at f/2.8, ISO4000 with 30s exposure time. Since the angle is wider, I can expose longer without having the star trails. I think it was a rule of 500 or 600 divided by focal length to get max exposure time is what people use as a general guide
lagunas2k likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by mjrobson

For stays in North America, I get points on the full F&B, so I the bill total was 30$, I would get points on that 30$.

I can not for the life of my determine how St. Regis Maldives calculated the points they awarded me.

We also had a 5000 points per day bonus attached to our room rate which has not been given for our stay in April and I can not get anything to deal with.

I have email the resort, called Marriott to open multiple cases, emailed stay add with all of the documents and haven't gotten anywhere. From the folio, I calculate I am short ~110k points, so it's not a small amount.

Maybe one of the lurkers can help! I have the stay and f&b folio's plus a copy of the room rate details.
I couldn't figure mine out either, but I didn't have quite that large of a delta. Taking out alcohol got me close, but doing that took away too many points. So maybe it was only some of our alcohol, or something different altogether. I've followed-up again as well, so please let us know if you're able to get anywhere.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:35 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
...Maybe one of the lurkers can help! I have the stay and f&b folio's plus a copy of the room rate details.
Maybe. Have you sent all the details to the email address below?

[email protected]
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Our F&B did post through as points, and while I did not do the exact math of the points earned, I would say that alcohol did post through for sure, and that the balance between points and spend was reasonably accurate. I can check if I still have the folio and do an exact calculation.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:18 pm

Anyone know what the weather is meant to be like this September. We're likely to go from Sep 10th to 17th and I'm reading that September is the rainiest month so getting second thoughts. Bad idea or the weather this year might not be too rainy?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by gbenrus25
Anyone know what the weather is meant to be like this September. We're likely to go from Sep 10th to 17th and I'm reading that September is the rainiest month so getting second thoughts. Bad idea or the weather this year might not be too rainy?
Apart from the statistically common weather for September, your own guess on what is going happen in September is as good as any other guess.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by WhereAreWe

It was open with no ongoing renovations last Saturday.
Might be referring to when the new seaplane terminal is going to open and maybe the lounge location/operation will change?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Apart from the statistically common weather for September, your own guess on what is going happen in September is as good as any other guess.
Fair enough. Wasn't sure if forecasts had begun to show up for that time of the year. You never know
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Might be referring to when the new seaplane terminal is going to open and maybe the lounge location/operation will change?
I read some reviews on TripAdvisor and apparently people were sent to the Westin lounge for a bit. Some of the recent reviews mentioned this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:27 pm

I read some reviews on TripAdvisor and apparently people were sent to the Westin lounge for a bit. Some of the recent reviews mentioned this.
we were sent to the Westin lounge when coming back from St Regis while waiting for our depature flight from MLE. I forgot to ask why we were sent to the westin lounge vs the st regis lounge and was just happy we had a lounge to hang out for a couple of hours VS being at the airport.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:28 pm

Should also add that I wasn't too impressed by the St Regis if compared to the Conrad lounge. The Conrad lounge was much bigger and had complimentary 15 minute massages while we waited for our flight to the resort..
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Maybe. Have you sent all the details to the email address below?

[email protected]
Thanks! I did email [email protected] yesterday and this morning it was all corrected!

Appreciate it!

Last edited by mjrobson; Jul 18, 2019 at 11:29 am Reason: quote fail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.