Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by hull22
I'm getting a similar quote for the same time period on a points stay booked already for an OVW. I'm assuming that it's not worth $739/night to upgrade from OVW to the St. Regis Suite?
My situation may be different from yours given you were originall booked in the overwater villa. They should give you different upgrade pricing. I assume you paid the 100k per night (440k total with 5th night discount). That is an insane amount of points and I wouldn’t pay that much. I’d rather pay 240 for GV plus 1800 to upgrade to an owv.

I think the SOWV might be worth it but I would stop there. No reason to go for St Regis Suite. I’ve also read some comments here that the SOWV are preferred to the St Regis suites as more of them are in better locations / facing the sunset.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:00 pm

I had Marriott call the hotel and got a 7 day grace period on cancellation policy. Hoping I can make this vacation.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:20 pm

April has OWV rates of 140K / night, the website is showing this is an automatic points upgrade. Is it possible to change the upgrade to be base rewards + cash upgrade?
Called regular Marriott support but they said no. Wondering if it would be possible if talking to the hotel directly. Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Anyone else getting this message when searching in January 2020?

"We’re sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property."

Does that mean any redemption rooms are booked or that they are actually not accepting redemption bookings?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
Anyone else getting this message when searching in January 2020?

"We’re sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property."

Does that mean any redemption rooms are booked or that they are actually not accepting redemption bookings?
It means they haven't made any rooms available for points redemption on your dates. Right now, a number of dates in 2018 are allowing bookings into OWV for a higher points price, but there's no GV availibility. You can keep checking back to see, but when/if they'll make GVs available again is up in the air.
IAlwaysCall likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Darksun
It means they haven't made any rooms available for points redemption on your dates. Right now, a number of dates in 2018 are allowing bookings into OWV for a higher points price, but there's no GV availibility. You can keep checking back to see, but when/if they'll make GVs available again is up in the air.
This isn't necessarily entirely true. I've seen this notice pop up on dates that I've already made a GV reservation on, meaning at least some GV availability had already been released. While I agree that it doesn't necessarily mean that the availability for the dates is entirely gone, I also wouldn't assume that availability will definitely be opened at some point.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by roombam
April has OWV rates of 140K / night, the website is showing this is an automatic points upgrade. Is it possible to change the upgrade to be base rewards + cash upgrade?
Called regular Marriott support but they said no. Wondering if it would be possible if talking to the hotel directly. Thanks!
Doubtful but if you're wondering if something can be done by talking to the hotel directly, I would suggest that you talk to the hotel directly.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vamsikm
Hello,
I am scheduled to stay in StR on an award booking in Late Feb and am coming up on the 30 day cancellation policy.
I have a developing family medical emergency which might change my plans but will not know for another week.
Called Marriott Customer Desk and they mentioned that since I am a Plat Premier and it is an award booking, my points will be reimbursed even if I cancel within 30 days.
Does anyone have any experience with this situation or have any suggestions?
Even as a regular Plat, I have heard the Marriott agents say that they can cancel and refund points at any time ('can' being the operative word - they didn't say 'will')

This is a big change from SPG, where once I was missed the cancel deadline by 2 hours and even my Ambassador couldn't get the points back

Having said that, not sure I would risk it with that many points on the line, but with a good reason (especially if you can get documentation supporting your medical issue, should they ask) I think you'll be good
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:27 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Even as a regular Plat, I have heard the Marriott agents say that they can cancel and refund points at any time ('can' being the operative word - they didn't say 'will')

This is a big change from SPG, where once I was missed the cancel deadline by 2 hours and even my Ambassador couldn't get the points back

Having said that, not sure I would risk it with that many points on the line, but with a good reason (especially if you can get documentation supporting your medical issue, should they ask) I think you'll be good
As a contrasting experience, when I had to cancel inside the window for a Maldives stay in December for major extenuating circumstances, I was told by the agent that it "shouldn't be a problem because you're Platinum Premier" but she still had to contact the property and the property declined the cancellation, wanting an absurd sum of cash to cancel. In the end, I dealt directly with the property GM and the right thing was done, but know that based on my experience, the Platinum agents might not have the final word here. i.e. I wouldn't *count* on it.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Hi presario1626: yes they do. IIRC they charge a flat rate for your whole stay and it was something like $25 USD per person for fins/mask/snorkel. Maybe it was $50 USD. I can't remember. Was reasonable. Email them... they will reply.
I don't believe there is a charge, unless it is something new...

I have been twice and have never paid to use the gear.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tylerc
I don't believe there is a charge, unless it is something new...

I have been twice and have never paid to use the gear.
I was just there, no charge for the snorkeling gear.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Cool. That's a change because in November 2017 this was the charge
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Cool. That's a change because in November 2017 this was the charge
That's scuba gear. They are asking about snorkel gear.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:13 am

There are 2 option and am having difficulty to decide
Option 1 - booking with an overwater villa for 440k points
Option 2 - the GV for 240k and pay to upgrade to OWV

Do anybody know how much is the upgrade to OWV ? OK to contact hotel directly prior to booking ?

Also i only have Marriott Gold Status. so no breakfast options for me. Do anybody know how much will it cost for adults and child (4 year old) ?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by m3seeto
There are 2 option and am having difficulty to decide
Option 1 - booking with an overwater villa for 440k points
Option 2 - the GV for 240k and pay to upgrade to OWV

Do anybody know how much is the upgrade to OWV ? OK to contact hotel directly prior to booking ?

Also i only have Marriott Gold Status. so no breakfast options for me. Do anybody know how much will it cost for adults and child (4 year old) ?
Breakfast is $55++ for adults and if the child sleeps on sofa bed and doesn't require a rollaway bed it's $35++ for breakfast however if a rollaway bed is required it's $100++ for both the bed and the breakfast

Last edited by jjakobv84; Jan 29, 2019 at 4:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.