Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2020, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelKAL
Not sure how true this is, but it looks like the Maldives will be requiring a minimum stay of 14 days. This site won't let me post the link because I am new, but Google the topic.

Big impact on budget and travel. They are restricting a lot of countries also.
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
It's fake.
Originally Posted by TerryK
There is no 14 day requirement?
The minister for tourism did state this at a press conference back on May 11th, as part of a yet unapproved package sent to the president's office for review. So at a point the proposal was certainly being mulled over. There is however no news on it since then from the Maldives, but for some reason The Telegraph and then the travel bloggers picked up on it now, a couple of weeks later.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
No 14 days minimum stay required.

https://milestalk.com/maldives-relax...stay-required/
MilesTalk and TravelKAL like this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 1:11 pm

2br sunset OWV or 1br regular OWV

Hi - we had our honeymoon for right now canceled a few months ago and we’re rescheduling for November. Just the two of us and I’m seeing:

- regular overwater villa for 425k points
- 2 bedroom sunset overwater villa for $1000+400k points

seems like overkill but a great deal for the sunset 2BR. We just want sunset but that’s not an option at a reasonable price. What are the cons to the 2 bedroom besides the additional $1000?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kpm105
Hi - we had our honeymoon for right now canceled a few months ago and we’re rescheduling for November. Just the two of us and I’m seeing:

- regular overwater villa for 425k points
- 2 bedroom sunset overwater villa for $1000+400k points

seems like overkill but a great deal for the sunset 2BR. We just want sunset but that’s not an option at a reasonable price. What are the cons to the 2 bedroom besides the additional $1000?
the pool on those is the size of a bathtub. And they’re pretty close to the shore. Think the sunset villa or regular villa are the way to go, but if you want to save a few points and don’t mind spending an additional $1k it’s not a bad option.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Not seeing any availability till 1st October. Any one has any ideas what is going on?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by salehir
Not seeing any availability till 1st October. Any one has any ideas what is going on?
There is a global pandemic ...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by raunow
Too true.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Prive, Marriott Stars & Luminous, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Sofitel STEP, Hilton

Hey, here is the notice from the hotel:
In light of the current global COVID-19 situation and the announcement of the Government of Maldives to suspend on-arrival visa, we would like to inform you that our resort has made the difficult decision to temporarily cease operations from April 1, 2020 until September 30, 2020.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by VinceTravel
In light of the current global COVID-19 situation and the announcement of the Government of Maldives to suspend on-arrival visa, we would like to inform you that our resort has made the difficult decision to temporarily cease operations from April 1, 2020 until September 30, 2020.
Well I guess the reduced awards price won't help at the StR.
VinceTravel likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
The website has been updated and now says April 1 to June 30th.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:28 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by VinceTravel
It seems like all the Marriott resorts have taken the same position, I wonder if its as much about staffing as also lack of guests as if the news on The Maldives opening up from 1st July is accurate I can imagine there will be a decent amount of guests before 1st October. India is badly hit and quite a lot of workers came from there so it maybe they simply don't think they can or its worth trying to coordinate things prior to 1st October.

Interestingly the Hilton resorts are still happy to have arrivals from the 1st July it seems, although from recent contact with the Conrad they were suggesting late July as a safer time to look to book for!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:20 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by raunow
Such a helpful response.

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
It seems like all the Marriott resorts have taken the same position, I wonder if its as much about staffing as also lack of guests as if the news on The Maldives opening up from 1st July is accurate I can imagine there will be a decent amount of guests before 1st October. India is badly hit and quite a lot of workers came from there so it maybe they simply don't think they can or its worth trying to coordinate things prior to 1st October.

Interestingly the Hilton resorts are still happy to have arrivals from the 1st July it seems, although from recent contact with the Conrad they were suggesting late July as a safer time to look to book for!
What happens to those with a booking in Sept on points? Do we get an option to move the dates without increase in points required or a flat out cancelation?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Such a helpful response.

What happens to those with a booking in Sept on points? Do we get an option to move the dates without increase in points required or a flat out cancelation?
I am going to guess they wil refund the booking and you will have to rebook. They are not obligated to move the current booking, so I would reach out to the resort and ask them if they are willing to do this before they just cancel refund it.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
MrM2016, reservation refunds may take up to 90 days from the date the reservation was cancelled to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located. For details on our cancellation policies related to COVID-19, please visit: https://marriott-re-2019ncovc.com/. If you need further assistance, feel free to send me a Private Message here on FT with your first/last name, reservation details, and contact information.

Kind regards,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
[email protected]
For reference, 90 days have now passed since I made my refund request for a pre-payment on an April stay. I've just chased them again today and I've been informed that supposedly the refund was issued a month ago to me. This is incorrect as it never appeared on my card statement.

I hope I don't have to file a chargeback as I am intending to stay with them next year, but if I can't trust the resort to process a simple refund I'll take my business elsewhere.

In a word: Infuriating. The email chain is now 30 posts long, with all number of excuses and commitments being missed.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrM2016
For reference, 90 days have now passed since I made my refund request for a pre-payment on an April stay. I've just chased them again today and I've been informed that supposedly the refund was issued a month ago to me. This is incorrect as it never appeared on my card statement.

I hope I don't have to file a chargeback as I am intending to stay with them next year, but if I can't trust the resort to process a simple refund I'll take my business elsewhere.

In a word: Infuriating. The email chain is now 30 posts long, with all number of excuses and commitments being missed.
So file the chargeback! You already have evidence that the charge was supposed to have been refunded a month ago and the credit card company will know that happened or didn’t. Not sure what the delay or issue with filing the obviously appropriate chargeback is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.