Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I never saw the OWV from the inside, but my impression was that the suites are simply a bit bigger. Our deck was massive.
But like I said, the real difference is the privacy. Look at the resort map, many OWV have limited privacy.
As for the sunset villas, I guess it’s nice to have a hot pool and also to be able to enjoy the sunset from the room. But what good is a sunset villa, when everyone else is at the Whale Bar for the sabering/sunset and can see everything that’s going on on your deck? And with other villas so close to yours?
I don’t regret my choice at all.
And the sunsets at the Whale Bar are spectacular. They had live music almost every evening. It’s just great. Much better than staying in your room.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I never saw the OWV from the inside, but my impression was that the suites are simply a bit bigger. Our deck was massive.
But like I said, the real difference is the privacy. Look at the resort map, many OWV have limited privacy.
As for the sunset villas, I guess it’s nice to have a hot pool and also to be able to enjoy the sunset from the room. But what good is a sunset villa, when everyone else is at the Whale Bar for the sabering/sunset and can see everything that’s going on on your deck? And with other villas so close to yours?
And the sunsets at the Whale Bar are spectacular. They had live music almost every evening. It’s just great. Much better than staying in your room.
okay you got me! Email sent
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Also 535 is a sunset overwater suite.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:25 pm

Also 535 is a sunset overwater suite.
yeah I asked them if I can choose the suite haha
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott - LT Titanium + Ambassador; DL - Diamond; UA - Platinum

How was the water for snorkeling? Choppy? Calm? My concern with the outer-lying/north facing suites is choppier water as they face more open water.... so for now I have a SOWV booked. The extra space and bathroom would be nice though!
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
It should be noted that privacy from the whale bar is only an issue at the first few SOWVs. You can't see the whale bar and vice versa from the majority of them.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
It should be noted that privacy from the whale bar is only an issue at the first few SOWVs. You can't see the whale bar and vice versa from the majority of them.
True, I think I mentioned that. The villas are still much closer to each other than the suites on the East side.
They aren’t bad at all, I just tried to explain why I was very happy with my choice.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by DenFlyer23
How was the water for snorkeling? Choppy? Calm? My concern with the outer-lying/north facing suites is choppier water as they face more open water.... so for now I have a SOWV booked. The extra space and bathroom would be nice though!
The snorkeling in front of room 520 was great. The water is shallow there and we saw lots of parrot fish, a shark two or three times and I even swam with a turtle once (close to the end of the reef).
The water was usually fine because it’s quite shallow, only one day I found it too choppy. However, once you swim away from the villa, i.e. further to the north or where the reef ends and it gets much deeper, there’s a strong current.
I still found the snorkeling really great.
We also snorkeled on the south side next to the diving school, and there was much less action (but the water was also much calmer). We also went diving there and once you go to where the bottom drops, it gets interesting again of course.

The beach that faces north has very choppy water though. But not even sure if there’s anything to see there because they’ve removed all coral there, it’s just soft sand.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
The Sunset Overwater Suite should be a separate category with the 1 room - eliminate the madness!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mjrobson
The Sunset Overwater Suite should be a separate category with the 1 room - eliminate the madness!
Agree. But it would most likely become the most difficult room to book and you would need to book it like a year in advance if you wanted to snag it.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Ithaa underwater restaurant

Anyone ever dined at Ithaa whilst staying at SR?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Ithaa Rangali?
Few years ago Roman Abramovich came to Ithaa for a private dinner with his wife, while he was staying at the One &Only Rethi Rah.
If money doesn´t matter everything is possible.
Depending on the weather and sea conditions , Rangali is about 1,5-2,5 hours away by boat.
SR will charge you 2000$++ per hour to charter their yacht, private seaplane charter might be less expensive.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Seven7
Anyone ever dined at Ithaa whilst staying at SR?
ithaa is at Conrad and it’s pretty busy so good to book ahead.

We stayed in 537 and really liked the location. Im not sure if the Jordanian chef is still there but the food was excellent when he was there 3 years ago.

We’re in the Maldives now and will update this stay later. Perfect weather!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:33 am

I booked a two bedroom overwater villa, which fit 4 adults, on April. But my plan changed and I am planing to resell it. Where can I sell that? Anyone has any advice?

Last edited by Ethon Xu; Feb 2, 2020 at 8:53 am
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Ethon Xu
I booked a double bed room overwater villa, which fit 5 adults, on May. But my plan changed and I am planing to resell it to somebody else. Anyone has any advice?
Advice as far as?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.