FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:17 pm
DenFlyer23

Programs: Marriott - LT Titanium + Ambassador; DL - Diamond; UA - Platinum
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I never saw the OWV from the inside, but my impression was that the suites are simply a bit bigger. Our deck was massive.
But like I said, the real difference is the privacy. Look at the resort map, many OWV have limited privacy.
As for the sunset villas, I guess it’s nice to have a hot pool and also to be able to enjoy the sunset from the room. But what good is a sunset villa, when everyone else is at the Whale Bar for the sabering/sunset and can see everything that’s going on on your deck? And with other villas so close to yours?
I don’t regret my choice at all.
And the sunsets at the Whale Bar are spectacular. They had live music almost every evening. It’s just great. Much better than staying in your room.

How was the water for snorkeling? Choppy? Calm? My concern with the outer-lying/north facing suites is choppier water as they face more open water.... so for now I have a SOWV booked. The extra space and bathroom would be nice though!