Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
That makes sense, but it wasnt in the breakdown. See below.

Friday, XXX, 2019 -
Saturday, XXX 2019 - 100,000points
Sunday, xXX - 100,000points
Monday, XXX 2019 - 100,000points
Tuesday, xXX, 2019 - 100,000points
Wednesday, XXX 2019 - 100,000points
Thursday, xXX, 2019 - 100,000points
Friday, XXX, 2019 - 100,000points
Sure, but the online breakdown for complex rates at SPG properties has been unreliable ever since migrating to MARSHA. See my OWV reservation for example:
https://i.imgur.com/w7ol9nW.png

But in reality, I was actually charged 300k + 120k, which was reflected in my Account Activity as separate line items ("Standard Redemption Rate" and "Upgraded Room Points").

Your Account Activity may (or may not...) reflect this, but it should be 420k + 320k = 740k.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by jaycis
Sure, but the online breakdown for complex rates at SPG properties has been unreliable ever since migrating to MARSHA. See my OWV reservation for example:
https://i.imgur.com/w7ol9nW.png

But in reality, I was actually charged 300k + 120k, which was reflected in my Account Activity as separate line items ("Standard Redemption Rate" and "Upgraded Room Points").

Your Account Activity may (or may not...) reflect this, but it should be 420k + 320k = 740k.
Understood. I am fine with the 740K points. Was just confused at first.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:52 pm

Does TMA still fly in inclement weather? I noticed there is a 90% chance of thundershowers in Male on the day of my departure from StR next week.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jan 10, 2019 at 1:04 pm
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Does TMA still fly in inclement weather? I noticed there is a 90% chance of thundershowers in Male on the day of my departure from StR next week.
Since they only time your departure flight until about 24 hours before, and thundershowers are most likely to be brief intense spells which is probably quite regular afternoon occurrences, I am fairly certain they will just schedule around it.
​​​​
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Since they only time your departure flight until about 24 hours before, and thundershowers are most likely to be brief intense spells which is probably quite regular afternoon occurrences, I am fairly certain they will just schedule around it.
​​​​
OK thanks! I'm counting down the days to my arrival. My GV still shows as a GV in the app.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I just git a new cofirmation email for my booking, with a new conifmration number, and the charged my account another 240K points. Has anyone else experienced this? (the confirmation number was also changed back in December with the system change)

When I look at my upcoming trips on my account, I only have one booking at the St Regis. Though as a side note, they added a 3rd person to the room.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
I just git a new cofirmation email for my booking, with a new conifmration number, and the charged my account another 240K points. Has anyone else experienced this? (the confirmation number was also changed back in December with the system change)

When I look at my upcoming trips on my account, I only have one booking at the St Regis. Though as a side note, they added a 3rd person to the room.
Had exactly the same problem at the end of December. One day out of the blue got confirmation e-mail and noticed that 240k points were taken from my account.

I have 10 nights booked under two reservations (5 nights each) and all the points were already deducted back in September. It took couple of days with my Ambassador but in the end I got the 240k points back. Those IT issues are quite annoying as I had to prove that I already paid those points as apparently in the system there was no information of that - probably because confirmation numbers were changed multiple times (by hotel and/or because of System change).

On my account I also only see one of the two reservations and it has been like that since September. Their IT is a mess.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kayano
Had exactly the same problem at the end of December. One day out of the blue got confirmation e-mail and noticed that 240k points were taken from my account.

I have 10 nights booked under two reservations (5 nights each) and all the points were already deducted back in September. It took couple of days with my Ambassador but in the end I got the 240k points back. Those IT issues are quite annoying as I had to prove that I already paid those points as apparently in the system there was no information of that - probably because confirmation numbers were changed multiple times (by hotel and/or because of System change).

On my account I also only see one of the two reservations and it has been like that since September. Their IT is a mess.
What did you use to prove that the points were already deducted? I can see the initial transaction on my account, but it does not show what booking it belongs to. If course the date of the charge and the initial confirmation day ties together, though that is more an indication than an actual piece of evidence.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
What did you use to prove that the points were already deducted? I can see the initial transaction on my account, but it does not show what booking it belongs to. If course the date of the charge and the initial confirmation day ties together, though that is more an indication than an actual piece of evidence.
I had that and it was sufficient. After making this reservation in September I didn't do any other point reservations or cancellations at this hotel. My Ambassador was able to verify that those 480k points never returned to my account, so she just gave back the 240k taken in late December.

It seemed that from the system perspective the reservations with old numbers (from September) were cancelled but points were not re-attached to the new reservations. Not really sure what is causing that new reservations are being created. I guess it is either system migration or hotel is doing something on their end.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess they should be used to dealing with it already.....
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sent an email to reservations at the hotel, now a couple of hours later all is fixed and points are back in my account.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: SPG PLT
Just cancelled an award reservation 2/27 - 3/5 for those looking for availability
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:08 am

I see OWV at 100k/night as well. Should I cancel my reservation which was 60k + $260/night for upgrade to OWV?

point difference is 200k points vs $1232 for total upgrade. I guess it's about even. ?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by larciel
I see OWV at 100k/night as well. Should I cancel my reservation which was 60k + $260/night for upgrade to OWV?
It's $260/night vs 40K points/night, giving only a 0.65 cents per point value. I would pay cash for the upgrade at that rate.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by larciel
It all depends on how much you value your MR points. Just run the math.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.