Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Well, this is a whole new Marriott website issue.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:58 pm

I'm not seeing Garden Villas for cash anymore on most dates. Seems they're doing something with how they're listing their inventory right now.
sydneyflyer12 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Seeing the same as Darksun. It seems those weird non-standard GV rates have disappeared and been replaced with... absolutely no GV availability for that week whatsoever. Can't imagine those cash rates were actually booked so imagining they were just pulled and may (hopefully) be replaced with standard rates/award availability.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Darksun
The "No Blackout Date" policy is not really a thing, given that Marriott updated their policy to exclude Marriott properties and has no interest in enforcing it at SPG properties. The St Regis Maldives is getting around the policy by putting the "standard room" only in a package. You'll notice if you try to book the Garden Villa for the dates where you can't make points bookings, the room is only available with an "Oceanfront Breakfast Rate". That's not a standard price so it's not available for points booking. If you choose to look at cash prices for days that you can make points bookings, you'll see that the Garden Villa is available under the "Member Rate" without breakfast. That is how this property is choosing to black out dates.

I reached out to them about this before and they straight up lied and said no Garden Villas were available, when I could see them for sale with the Oceanfront Breakfast Rate.
That's not the only thing this property lies about. Whoever 'owns' the hardware at this property must have debt collectors knocking on his door in the middle of the night.....

Originally Posted by TerryK
Common way for properties to get around no blackout dates. Nevertheless, it can be justified in this case as properties can choose to sell rooms with additional amenities during peak season.
Hmmm.....sounds like an excuse that properties can use to disadvantage, aka screw, guests. Maybe a rephrase to "properties who want to, can, under the guise of choosing to sell rooms with additional amenities during peak season, black out dates as they see fit." Excuse my ignorance but I don't see how that is justifiable when T&C says 'no blackout dates' (as has been implied by @Darksun), especially since they know there isn't anyone enforcing the rule.

Originally Posted by rp88
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the StR brand was integrated into the Marriott reservation system a couple weeks ago and award availability (and availability in general) seems to now be loaded in a week at a time (1 year minus two weeks on Saturday night around midnight ET) rather than day by day as it seemed to be previously.
Amazing info. Thanks! Can we get this on the wiki/sticky at the top of the thread?
Done.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I don't know if this is a parallel situation, but the JW Phuket often has award redemption trailing about 30 days behind paid stays. Not always, but several times I have been able to book 48-50 weeks from current date paid stays, but award stays aren't loaded yet. My guess is that there are other resort properties that are similar.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I don't know if this is a parallel situation, but the JW Phuket often has award redemption trailing about 30 days behind paid stays. Not always, but several times I have been able to book 48-50 weeks from current date paid stays, but award stays aren't loaded yet. My guess is that there are other resort properties that are similar.
In this case was the base room available for paid bookings but not for points bookings? That I would understand because it would allow them to sell the base room for paid stays before making it available for points. However, it seems that the GV availability just hasn't been released for any type of booking (other than the brief $2500 premium rates which I can't imagine were actually booked). Not really sure what game the StR is playing.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
In this case was the base room available for paid bookings but not for points bookings? That I would understand because it would allow them to sell the base room for paid stays before making it available for points. However, it seems that the GV availability just hasn't been released for any type of booking (other than the brief $2500 premium rates which I can't imagine were actually booked). Not really sure what game the StR is playing.
I honestly cannot remember. They were avail-but may have been a package as stated above.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I honestly cannot remember. They were avail-but may have been a package as stated above.
Interesting. Unfortunately, Open Hotel Alert which I've found useful for finding award availability in the past seems to not recognize GV as a room category at the StR.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:30 pm

They may be playing the TA-only game where they release inventory early to select travel agents (in places like the Middle East and other affluent markets) to sell them first so they don't have to make them available to everyone else eager to scoop them up with points. Easily done since there are only 4 on the island.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:37 pm

Was just able to book in peak season on points, looks like availability is up again. Did have to call in to book but can’t complain!
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by sydneyflyer12; Apr 8, 2019 at 12:32 am
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:40 pm
kkl

Was just able to book 12/14 on points, looks like availability is up again. Did have to call in to book but can’t complain!
Did it show up on app or website?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by kkl

Did it show up on app or website?
Website. I find the app to be inconsistent and buggy. I also find clearing my cookies and then browsing in privacy mode helps avoid some of the website’s bugs.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:51 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Was just able to book 12/14 on points, looks like availability is up again. Did have to call in to book but can’t complain!
Did they see availability by phone you didn’t see online? I noticed that following my post on all of Feb having award availability, there’s now none. As well I notice many days with Gaden villas available for cash but not points. The cash rate includes breakfast and I’m not sure if that is a way around offering the room for points or if not all Garden Villas have to be offered for points?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by MilesTalk

Did they see availability by phone you didn’t see online? I noticed that following my post on all of Feb having award availability, there’s now none. As well I notice many days with Gaden villas available for cash but not points. The cash rate includes breakfast and I’m not sure if that is a way around offering the room for points or if not all Garden Villas have to be offered for points?
Honestly no idea, but I doubt it. I just had them book the exact availability I was seeing online. However, as I mentioned above I did always make sure to do a couple things to avoid the website's bugs. Assuming you're referring to Feb of 2019 (Feb of 2020 isn't yet available), I see points availability from the last week of Jan through to the 2nd of Feb. After that I don't see any GV availability in cash or points rates. Keep in mind that Beach villas are different from GVs.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:36 pm

Honestly no idea, but I doubt it. I just had them book the exact availability I was seeing online. However, as I mentioned above I did always make sure to do a couple things to avoid the website's bugs. Assuming you're referring to Feb of 2019 (Feb of 2020 isn't yet available), I see points availability from the last week of Jan through to the 2nd of Feb. After that I don't see any GV availability in cash or points rates. Keep in mind that Beach villas are different from GVs.
There's actually plenty of Garden Villa availibility for cash, it's just packaged with breakfast so it's not bookable with points. You can see it if you look at the "standard rates" tab, not the "prepay rates" tab.
MilesTalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.