Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:42 am

When we were in St Regis Bora2, we brought some pool floaties, had the butler inflate them for us, and tied those floaties to our OWV - the water was calm enough for us to relax on the floaties attached to our OWV - can we do something similar on this property?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by echelone
When we were in St Regis Bora2, we brought some pool floaties, had the butler inflate them for us, and tied those floaties to our OWV - the water was calm enough for us to relax on the floaties attached to our OWV - can we do something similar on this property?
You can put it on the side of the Villa. There is ample space there. Its a passage they use to service the Pool I guess.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:26 am
kkl

Saw pink swans tied under OWV in the ocean last week
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by kkl
Saw pink swans tied under OWV in the ocean last week
Classy.

slow clap
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
Have no idea how long the reef will take to fully recover, but i'm guessing a couple of years more...
Try a decade to get back to pre-2016 coral bleaching.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Dec 18, 2018 at 1:42 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:43 pm
kkl

6-8 years before full regrowth
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:38 pm

I have not been able to find a definitive answer in the thread (Sorry if I missed it) but what is the real difference between the St regis suites and the sunset overwater villas? Seems like there is a wall between living room and bedroom and a gazebo type bed structure on deck, but otherwise seem similar in size (both pool and general room?). Any other differences / beenfits? Also, any sense of exposure? Feels like most of them face sunrise, not sunset?

Thinking about upgrading from sunset but don't want to pay $200+ per night extra for an extra room divider, different deck furniture, and potentially a less compelling view?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Woodsmit
I have not been able to find a definitive answer in the thread (Sorry if I missed it) but what is the real difference between the St regis suites and the sunset overwater villas? Seems like there is a wall between living room and bedroom and a gazebo type bed structure on deck, but otherwise seem similar in size (both pool and general room?). Any other differences / beenfits? Also, any sense of exposure? Feels like most of them face sunrise, not sunset?

Thinking about upgrading from sunset but don't want to pay $200+ per night extra for an extra room divider, different deck furniture, and potentially a less compelling view?
Try these 3D maps of the OWV, Sunset OWV, and St. Regis:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=t58WmMG4G8e
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=t58WmMG4G8e
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=SqMb2fmzG7J
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Woodsmit

We stayed in SOWV #536 which is the 9th villa on the left of the bridge. The 10th is a suite (our neighbor) if you look at the resort map. That suite would have the same view (= sunset). In my opinion it would be the best suite to have. The other 7 suites are inner-facing (sunrise) or north-facing. I would not pay a premium for one of those 7 compared to SOWV #536 , but I might for the suite which was next to ours.

It seems one of the few differences is that the suite has 1.5 bath whereas all SOWVs and OWVs have 1.0 bath.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
6-8 years before full regrowth
6 is very wishful thinking. Mortality in the 2016 bleaching was very similar to the 1998 bleaching event and it took three to five years to see signs of coral recovery at most sites. That's not recovery, that's just seeing signs of recovery. Most of the people I've spoken to are not game enough to say anything less than a decade for full recovery (due to their experience with the '98 bleaching as that's how long it took to recover that time), and that's if pollution, fishing and other factors don't weigh in negatively on the recovery.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Dec 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Just did 5 nights. Had an award res. for a GV, was upgraded to a BV. Bottle of champaign arrival amenity. Stunning property and fabulous friendly service.

Drinks at Whale Bar every evening for sunset. They just opened Whale Bar for full dinner, a steak and seafood based menu. Being at a higher occupancy than "usual" made reservation requests at the various outlets a challenge. Oriental was my favorite food menu (Chinese, Indian, Japanese). The dining experience at Cargo was superb ($250++ per couple). Dinner at Alba was my least favorite. I passed on the Maldivian buffet evening after that, but the breakfast every morning there was top notch; bottomless mimosas and bloody marys, definitely try items off the a la carte - duck leg confit w/ waffle, ribeye w/ eggs were a few of my favs, and sushi/ sashimi.

Spa service was par for course. Also did the 2hr shared blue hole treatment for $60 ea., ended up having it to ourselves anyways which beat paying twice as much for half the time to have it private.

I could babble all day about the very little details, but I'll be checking in if anyone has any specific questions
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by upgrade.me
Just did 5 nights. Had an award res. for a GV, was upgraded to a BV. Bottle of champaign arrival amenity. Stunning property and fabulous friendly service.

Drinks at Whale Bar every evening for sunset. They just opened Whale Bar for full dinner, a steak and seafood based menu. Being at a higher occupancy than "usual" made reservation requests at the various outlets a challenge. Oriental was my favorite food menu (Chinese, Indian, Japanese). The dining experience at Cargo was superb ($250++ per couple). Dinner at Alba was my least favorite. I passed on the Maldivian buffet evening after that, but the breakfast every morning there was top notch; bottomless mimosas and bloody marys, definitely try items off the a la carte - duck leg confit w/ waffle, ribeye w/ eggs were a few of my favs, and sushi/ sashimi.

Spa service was par for course. Also did the 2hr shared blue hole treatment for $60 ea., ended up having it to ourselves anyways which beat paying twice as much for half the time to have it private.

I could babble all day about the very little details, but I'll be checking in if anyone has any specific questions
Thanks for sharing.

Ive been doing some budgeting and it looks like it will roughly cost 5000usd to the 5 nights there; excluding seaplane.

does that sound about right?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:39 am

Did you do any snorkeling or water based activities? Anything you would recommend on that front?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:48 am

how many nights did you upgrade to the BV?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:40 am

Can someone confirm about the "local fee" on the reservation? I booked 5 night for 2 people and the local fee show as $1423, which i thought it included the seaplane transfer. I check with the hotel just to be sure, and they confirmed it not included in those local fee??? anyone stay there recently can confirm about this? thank you!

Sunny Greetings from The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort!

Thank you very much for your email.

Please be advised that the charges you are seeing as local taxes are seaplane transfers and green tax both of which are not included with the room. These charges can be settled on check-out.

Green tax is charged at USD 6.00 per person per night.

The shared seaplane transfer fee will be USD 695.00 per adult for the round trip. The maximum baggage allowance per person age 2 years and above is 30 kilograms including hand luggage. Excess baggage will be charged an additional fee of USD 5.60 per kilogram.

Trust the above clarifies your inquiry and we will be in touch with you closer to the travel date to go over the finer details of your reservation.

We remain at your disposal for any further assistance that you may require.

Yours sincerely,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.