Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by ATX1989
What are the hours of the breakfast buffet in Alba?
Breakfast is from 7 to 1030am. We often arrived around 8 or 9am or so and spent a good 2 or 3 hours there. I've never had that slow of a breakfast but this place is made for a slow relaxing meal with several courses finished with a handful of mimosas ha! You can stay seated and eat even after the 1030 time. They all knew us by name and didn't even have to tell them our room number. They all knew. Amazing.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thank you rp88! Some of the recent FT feedback and TA reviews had me concerned if the StR Maldives was worth the trip.
You're very welcome! Yes I also had the same concerns based on other reviews. But it is hands down the best resort I've ever been to (and I've been to some very nice ones) and offered the best service I've seen. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by rp88
You're very welcome! Yes I also had the same concerns based on other reviews. But it is hands down the best resort I've ever been to (and I've been to some very nice ones) and offered the best service I've seen. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
Will you be posting photos from your trip?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Woodsmit
Plans changed up a bit for Xmas at the last minute so was debating today where to go. Found a good paid business Black Friday fare to Singapore (Through JFK-FRA-SIN so don’t think I will have the business seats, but if anyone know different please let me know) and then managed to get a points garden villa at St. Regis Maldives for December 25 - Jan 3rd (480K points or 53K pts per night). Surprised it was available but folks who are interested in a last minute end of year trip should check as people must have cancelled.

Some quick questions as it is our first visit.
  1. Our flight into Singapore lands at 6:50 AM and then we are going to take the Silkair flight to MLE (10:05 - 11:55). How is the seaplane flight timing likely to work with that? Do they just try to match the time of landing and transport you over to the terminal to immediately catch the flight or will there likely be some sort of delay?
  2. On the return, we are currently on the 12:50 silkair back to SIN. How early do you think they will have us leave the resort? Toyed with the late night (think it was an overnight flight to SIN at 11:50 PM) flight but couldn’t bring myself to do the pink eye flight....
  3. We will have mask and snorkel, I assume they have fins on property? Based on early comments in thread, seems like yes.
  4. For folks who have done 9+ nights there, is there a cadence of dinner reservations they would recommend?
  5. Have not emailed the hotel yet about asking for cost of an upgrade to overwater villas, but assume I just email the hotel and ask or should I wait for them to contact me? Seems like the Xmas upgrade may be pricey based on recent comments in this thread.
  6. Any must do activities while we are there besides lying on the beach / deck?
Looking forward to it. Have spend the last 4 years doing the st Regis in Bora Bora so looking for a change of scenery.

Thanks!
:-)
  1. They have seaplanes leaving every few hours (I believe every 2 hours or so). You'll be on the next one after you land. They keep track of your arrival time and make any adjustments as necessary. You'll probably have some down time in the lounge.
  2. The ride back will take about an hour depending on if they have to pick up other passengers. I flew out on a 8pm flight, so they put me on the last seaplane (~4pm). They pick you up from your villa around 3:45 to transport you. I really liked that because basically I had another nearly full day to enjoy the island. Yes, you have more downtime in the lounge afterwards but it is still worth it for another full day in paradise. Currently you won't have much time to enjoy your last day! Also make sure to have your butler pack all your stuff on the last day. It gives you an extra hour to enjoy the island and they do a great job.
  3. Yes. You have a life jacket in your room. You have to go to the water sport area for fins/snorkel/mask as they have you sign some papers.
  4. Didn't do 9 nights
  5. Not sure. I booked into OWV but was never contacted about upgrading costs to sunset villa. I imagine better to ask
  6. We did the $400 speedboat snorkel activity. The reef they take you is really nice so we liked it. Plus you basically have a private boat and they take you to a small sandbar. Very expensive but we thought worth it. Massages are great too, I would recommend one if you like those things. They also have free kayaks!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Will you be posting photos from your trip?
Unfortunately only took videos to make an epic recap video after. But I guarantee the resort looks as good as all those photos you see online. The water is actually is as blue as the photos!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by rp88
  1. They have seaplanes leaving every few hours (I believe every 2 hours or so). You'll be on the next one after you land. They keep track of your arrival time and make any adjustments as necessary. You'll probably have some down time in the lounge.
  2. The ride back will take about an hour depending on if they have to pick up other passengers. I flew out on a 8pm flight, so they put me on the last seaplane (~4pm). They pick you up from your villa around 3:45 to transport you. I really liked that because basically I had another nearly full day to enjoy the island. Yes, you have more downtime in the lounge afterwards but it is still worth it for another full day in paradise. Currently you won't have much time to enjoy your last day! Also make sure to have your butler pack all your stuff on the last day. It gives you an extra hour to enjoy the island and they do a great job.
  3. Yes. You have a life jacket in your room. You have to go to the water sport area for fins/snorkel/mask as they have you sign some papers.
  4. Didn't do 9 nights
  5. Not sure. I booked into OWV but was never contacted about upgrading costs to sunset villa. I imagine better to ask
  6. We did the $400 speedboat snorkel activity. The reef they take you is really nice so we liked it. Plus you basically have a private boat and they take you to a small sandbar. Very expensive but we thought worth it. Massages are great too, I would recommend one if you like those things. They also have free kayaks!
Thank you!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:29 pm

Was upgrade from the Garden Villa to the Overwater St Regis suite for free. It was so amazing. The stay was 10/10. PERFECT!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:32 am

Thanks for the data point. The concern now is that every platinum member will expect the same treatment and some may be disappointed
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:42 am
kkl

Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Was upgrade from the Garden Villa to the Overwater St Regis suite for free. It was so amazing. The stay was 10/10. PERFECT!
Award stay? Did u you have to ask or were you pre upgraded? PLAT or premium?
cabbit likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by kkl

Award stay? Did u you have to ask or were you pre upgraded? PLAT or premium?

Well, I'm a plat premier with ambassador, with 319 nights spent at Marriott to date for 2018 And my ambassador might have something to do with it. . Yes and it was an award stay.

Last edited by Jerrremy; Nov 26, 2018 at 3:36 am
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Well, I'm a plat premier with ambassador, with 319 nights spent at Marriott to date for 2018 And my ambassador might have something to do with it. . Yes and it was an award stay.
That might be relevant to the success rate of upgrades....
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:28 am
kkl

319 nights in 2018??
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:44 am

That is very good!!!~how many days!!!! so lucky!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:54 am

This is the cost for my booking in April 2019, just for everyones reference....I booked 10 days at STR..and these are cost for upgrade.

- Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 492.80 per night - kids may stay with a sign waiver of liability
- Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 739.20 per night - kids may stay with a sign waiver of liability

The above prices are inclusive of 23.2% service charge and goods and services tax.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cabbit
This is the cost for my booking in April 2019, just for everyones reference....I booked 10 days at STR..and these are cost for upgrade.

- Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 492.80 per night - kids may stay with a sign waiver of liability
- Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 739.20 per night - kids may stay with a sign waiver of liability

The above prices are inclusive of 23.2% service charge and goods and services tax.
What days are you there? I'm booked apr 24 - may 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.