Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by ashap
- I've seen several comments on bottomless prosecco breakfast, curious if that will apply to the breakfast given for platinum's, if not is there just an additional fee for beverages? Any other drinks included in that like bloody mary's?
See comments from my review one month ago. Unlimited Prosecco for us as Platinum. I did not ask about other drinks however.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:24 pm

When I was there breakfast included unlimited prosecco, prosecco and oj, and basic bloody mary's (just not the signature maldives island bloody mary's) also the tea's and coffee's and soft drinks.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:11 pm

Anyone have any experience regarding the two snorkel options? One is the coral garden where I think you all go as a group in a big.boat for $80 per person. The other is the snorkel option where you basically have your own speed boat for $400 for everyone up to 4 adults and they take you to different snorkelling sites.

I don't mind spending the extra cash if the snorkelling or experience is significantly better with the private speed boat option. Anyone have any input?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:30 am

Ok. Got my rates for OW and Sunset. Sunset is about $110/nt more. Is it worth it?

I'm a Plat Premier. Would I get upgraded to Sunset ? Visiting Sept 2019
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by larciel
No one can answer that with any authority. It will depend entirely on occupancy, availability, how long your stay will be, and how many other Plat Premiers or Ambassdor guests are ahead of you. If the upgrade is so important to you, perhaps you might pay the upgrade fee in advance to be sure. If it’s not that important to you, then roll the dice and take your chances.
84Horn likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:00 am

Ok. Got my rates for OW and Sunset. Sunset is about $110/nt more. Is it worth it?

Absolutely worth it. To guarantee this upgrade so long in advance at such a low price is a great deal. Your villa will be more private and you will get more sun exposure during the afternoon.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Absolutely worth it. To guarantee this upgrade so long in advance at such a low price is a great deal. Your villa will be more private and you will get more sun exposure during the afternoon.

thank you. I thought sunset villa will just get sunset view but if you say I get overall much more sunlight throughout the day, I believe this is worth the upgrade.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:59 pm

thank you. I thought sunset villa will just get sunset view but if you say I get overall much more sunlight throughout the day, I believe this is worth the upgrade.
and if you look at the shape of the resort, the outward facing villas (= sunset) do not have a view on each other which is why they are more private. most standard OWVs are inward-facing therefore you can see neighbors.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:23 am

I was one of the lucky few who managed to secure an overwater reservation at 85K/Night from April 21-April 27 next year. Unfortunately, plans have changed and we can no longer use this. Any one successfully get them to change dates? I'm doubtful but thought I'd check before cancelling. It's such a shame for this to "go to waste".

Last edited by iexaltu; Nov 18, 2018 at 12:47 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by iexaltu
I was one of the lucky few who managed to secure an overwater reservation from April 21-April 27 next year. Unfortunately, plans have changed and we can no longer use this. Any one successfully get them to change dates? I'm doubtful but thought I'd check before cancelling. It's such a shame for this to "go to waste".

you can cancel.... then rebook.....

pending on room availability.

how many points did u use to redeem OWV???

i redeem 10 days next year in April as well.

5 days GV at 60,000 per days
5 days at OWV at 195,000 points per day.....

if u book ur OWV at 85,000, u will have no chance of rebook it at 85,000 again
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:14 am

Inventory loaded today for the week of my visit next November, however it looks like all of the garden villas were already booked between when they opened and 5am eastern.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Deleted - issue with Marriott website
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:22 am

Inventory loaded today for the week of my visit next November, however it looks like all of the garden villas were already booked between when they opened and 5am eastern.
Sorry to hear. Do you know what time the calendar opens for each week of availability?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:59 am

First of all, sorry about the triple post. Is anyone else having trouble seeing availability for that week? I see wide open availability for the first night (11/3/19) and availability in all categories except GV for all nights thereafter when checking in on 11/3 but I seem to have trouble seeing availability for the later days in the week when picking a different check in day, regardless of stay length. Can anyone explain this?

Edit - In case anyone else is wondering, seems check in can be no more than 350 days in the future even though availability is loaded in as much as a week further than that due to the week-at-a-time pattern. Sorry if this was obvious to everyone else and I've just spammed the thread.

Last edited by sydneyflyer12; Nov 18, 2018 at 8:22 am
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:50 pm

That's what I thought. I did book at 85K. It's unfortunate but I guess I'll just have to let it go. Maybe I'll hold onto it for a few more days and see if anything changes on my end

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.