Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
II expected guests to be mostly from the Middle East and Europe. I was surprised that it was mostly Asian, possibly in part due to a holiday in China during our dates.
Thanks for the great review and sorry to see you couldn't enjoy the resort and activities more. Were you there October 1 through 7 by any chance?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:19 pm

Are 60k/night award rooms still available or did I miss the window to book? I finally have enough points (240k) to book for 5 nights and am open to any date in 2019, but wondering if the window to book at 60k/nt is over.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:04 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thanks for the great review and sorry to see you couldn't enjoy the resort and activities more. Were you there October 1 through 7 by any chance?
Yes our stay covered those dates but even before October 1st the guests were mostly Asian.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:33 pm

Can somebody comment on how this resort compares to the W Maldives?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:55 am

Has anybody successfully been able to call in and change a cash booking (for Garden Villa) to a points booking for a StR Maldives stay?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by cycyc
Has anybody successfully been able to call in and change a cash booking (for Garden Villa) to a points booking for a StR Maldives stay?
I tried to do so via the callcenter, but they couldn’t do it. So I cancelled my cash booking and immediately booked it again on points. Availability showed up after a few seconds of my cancellation.
But that was a few weeks ago, so I don’t know if it is still the same.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by cshel
Apologies for these subpar iphone photos, if these aren't good enough, I can try to dig some up off my dslr. I personally didn't have any privacy concerns but technically people from across the way and towards the end of the row on either ends of the island facing OWV's could see you and vice versa but it's not as close the images may suggest. Also I felt these villas had a good balance of privacy but direct sunlight so the pool was actually usable.

Great - thanks for sharing. Definitely not as private as the villa we had last time, but I would trade that for a usable pool!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

I wouldn’t upload gigabytes into the cloud (it’s just not THAT fast), but FaceTime worked fine. Streaming as well.

I can’t believe the conversation is heading that way. Folks, this is a St Regis in the Maldives - not a Motel8 in suburban Brooklyn. You’re not going to be treated poorly “unless you tip”. You’ll be perfectly fine. American tipping culture is the bane of our existence. Please understand there are cultures where tipping isn’t required (and some where it’s even looked down on). Do not foster this virus. As @MaldivesFreak said, we’re literally heading towards tipping the staff for free breakfast and telling the world about it.

The proper guideline is this: stay, enjoy, if you liked your butler, tip him. If not, then ideally raise it ahead of time with the resort, but worst case, don’t. You’re not going to be let into secret underground societies and invite-only restaurants just because you casually whip out a stack of Benjamins and fan yourself with it in the sweltering tropical heat. There aren’t any, it’s a small tropical island. This isn’t NYC.
couldn’t agree more!!!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Service charge

[left]I took a photo at the Park Hyatt Madives during our stay in March. It shows the amount of the service charge each staff member received from February 22-March 22 2018.
Not bad I think and this was after Chinese NY and before Easter Time, when the Hotel was only on 50 percent occupancy (we were told so during the back of the house tour).
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
I am planning a trip in Aug 13 - 18 to be precise and still debating between W, Westin or StR. The plan is to book the standard room on points and upgrade to OWB using cash - I need a confirmed upgrade although W did say they would offer one at check in if its still available, I am still in the process of getting to 240k points - should be there within a few weeks.

The quotes I got per night are :
1. W at $250++
2. Westin at 150++ for OWB and $250++ for OWB with pool.
3. StR at $200++.

I was pleasantly surprised that StR was the cheapest - could be because I mentioned we would there to celebrate my wife's birthday - they even offered a cake for her - the other 2 did not. We are not divers but do plan to take do the certification before getting there. Price wise I know StR is more expensive and with W offering 20% discount on F&B should I just stick with W or the StR service is worth the upcharge? I have never stayed at a W or StR before - I am a current Marriott PPE.

Thanks for the advise.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:46 am

Seaplane Transfer to be $695 per person effective Nov 1st 2018

Didn't see this in the thread yet so figure I'd share... my stay is in November and was given the information about seaplane transfer will be $695 per person effective Nov 1st 2018 on a recent email communication with the property.

I emailed back saying it was $645 per person when I booked the reservation. They agreed to let me keep the $645 rate.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Ksw299
I am planning a trip in Aug 13 - 18 to be precise and still debating between W, Westin or StR. The plan is to book the standard room on points and upgrade to OWB using cash - I need a confirmed upgrade although W did say they would offer one at check in if its still available, I am still in the process of getting to 240k points - should be there within a few weeks.

The quotes I got per night are :
1. W at $250++
2. Westin at 150++ for OWB and $250++ for OWB with pool.
3. StR at $200++.

I was pleasantly surprised that StR was the cheapest - could be because I mentioned we would there to celebrate my wife's birthday - they even offered a cake for her - the other 2 did not. We are not divers but do plan to take do the certification before getting there. Price wise I know StR is more expensive and with W offering 20% discount on F&B should I just stick with W or the StR service is worth the upcharge? I have never stayed at a W or StR before - I am a current Marriott PPE.

Thanks for the advise.
At W you can also upgrade for 20k points/night if you prefer.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by porkie

At W you can also upgrade for 20k points/night if you prefer.
Yes I am considering that too. But I am already doing MS a lot to get to 240K as I have already redeemed 805K points this year. My main question - is StR worth the extra 2-3K I am going to end up spending?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ksw299
Yes I am considering that too. But I am already doing MS a lot to get to 240K as I have already redeemed 805K points this year. My main question - is StR worth the extra 2-3K I am going to end up spending?
Worth is relative to what you can afford to spend and what you want out of the trip. You need to look at the reviews on the W and read much of this thread and decide if its worth it to you. Some will say yes and others will say no and they are both right.
Ksw299 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by luosrevo
Didn't see this in the thread yet so figure I'd share... my stay is in November and was given the information about seaplane transfer will be $695 per person effective Nov 1st 2018 on a recent email communication with the property.

I emailed back saying it was $645 per person when I booked the reservation. They agreed to let me keep the $645 rate.
Interesting...I mentioned the price increase to them and they simply stated it was an increase with their contract renewal - I didn't bother going any further with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.