Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyinggrayson

St. Regis Maldives Latest Resort Map

Here's the new Resort Map from the property with a white background which is clearer than the former one.

And here's the latest benefits for Platinum Premier with Ambassador at the resort:
  • Member Rates
  • Receive 75% bonus points of the total accumulated points for the stay
  • Mobile Check-In / Services (subject to availability)
  • Complimentary Enhanced Wi-Fi Service
  • Personalized St. Regis Butler Service
  • Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (no walk policy)
  • Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR local gift OR breakfast at Alba Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)
  • 4 pm Late Checkout (subject to availability)
  • 10% Discount on Spa Treatments Excluding Spa Packages
  • Your 24
Is that Welcome Gift in addition to the complimentary breakfast? In other words, if I elect to get the 1,000 points per stay for the Welcome Gift, can I still get complimentary breakfast for being a Platinum member?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:18 pm

St. Regis Maldives Latest Resort Map

Here's the new Resort Map from the property with a white background which is clearer than the former one.

And here's the latest benefits for Platinum Premier with Ambassador at the resort:
  • Member Rates
  • Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR local gift OR breakfast at Alba Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)
  • Your 24
Thanks for the helpful info. Where did you get it from? Also, does this info imply that regular Platinum members do not get these benefits at the St Regis Maldives?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
  • Member Rates
  • Your 24
So essentially no meaningful benefits (except for breakfast in case of points bookings). Shame they had to fill the list with "no walk policy" (i wonder where regular guests are walked to) and the likes.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by pkerr
When I go to either the Marriott Web site or the SPG web site and do a search for properties in the Maldives the St. Regis does NOT appear as available. (it's not even listed) If I go here ---> St. Regis "direct"
I see availability to book. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
BTW... if it doesn't show rooms that can be booked using points does that mean there is nothing available or just that I need to call?
Its because no rooms are available to be booked on points. Many people are doing speculative bookings to take advantage of the 60k pts / night cap till Dec 31.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Ksw299
Its because no rooms are available to be booked on points. Many people are doing speculative bookings to take advantage of the 60k pts / night cap till Dec 31.
It wouldn't show me availability for booking using $$ either. No mention of sold out. It just didn't show up.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:05 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by pkerr
When I go to either the Marriott Web site or the SPG web site and do a search for properties in the Maldives the St. Regis does NOT appear as available. (it's not even listed) If I go here ---> St. Regis "direct"
I see availability to book. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
BTW... if it doesn't show rooms that can be booked using points does that mean there is nothing available or just that I need to call?
Entirely possible that the hotel is sold out for some dates, especially for the lower room categories. Also I think if you have checked off "use points" on your SPG.com/Marriott.com search, sometimes the search engine won't show you properties with no points rooms available, even if there are other non-points room categories available.

But, in general the app seems to work better than the website for booking SPG properties right now, so worth giving that a try also. If you can find dates with availability, it is even possible to book the 60K points rate on the app right now, but not the website.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Thanks for your info...
But the key part in this was the second part of my post... If I went directly to the St Regis WEB site the same dates I had searched for through Marriott.com and SPG.com and nothing came up... were showing as available there.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:31 am

Looks like now by using points, I could only use 60,000 points for Garden Villas. No other overwater villas available for points. If this is the case, does any one know if I could use additional points for overwater villas?

Or may I expect them to upgrade me to a overwater villa if I have Platinum status?

Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by mattchench
Looks like now by using points, I could only use 60,000 points for Garden Villas. No other overwater villas available for points. If this is the case, does any one know if I could use additional points for overwater villas?

Or may I expect them to upgrade me to a overwater villa if I have Platinum status?

Thanks
Upgraded rooms can only be booked by calling. OWB costs 195k points / night. You are better off booking a GV and paying a cash upgrade by contacting the property. I was quoted $200++ per night which is non-refundable though. Try mentioning a special occasion to get a discount - it also depends on the season. They usually dont upgrade anyone being an all-suite property - if OWB is important to you book it directly.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Is $250USD per night to upgrade from GV to OWV a good offer? April 2019 five nights.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Is $250USD per night to upgrade from GV to OWV a good offer? April 2019 five nights.
Of course^
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
It is a very good rate. I would jump on it.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Thanks! I accepted!

MikeFromTokyo and Ksw299 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Curious for people who have been (if y'all don't mind), what has been your average daily spend on F&B? I know it's expensive; just trying to get an idea for budgeting.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by puddy
Curious for people who have been (if y'all don't mind), what has been your average daily spend on F&B? I know it's expensive; just trying to get an idea for budgeting.
We don't drink and ended up spending around $300 a day between the two of us as they had a kids eat free offer so that saved us quite a bit! Also as a Plat I had the brekkie free. Thats quite expensive otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.