Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by porkie
I'm 99% sure that those persons claiming to book it for 85k are just trolling, I have just called in again and spoke with 3 different reps, all of them confirmed no award availability for the OVW villas.
I just booked 6 nights OWB for a total of 420k Marriott. Not trolling. I'm guessing my dates crossed high season... 80k for 1 night, 85k for 4 nights. Most agents have said initially that they can't book awards-- politely asking them to check specific dates just to see if there's availability has worked for me. Aspen (60k/night) and Al Maha (strangely 132k for 2 nights) work, too. Still can't get Bora Bora to work at a reasonable rate, sadly. They've quoted me 73X,XXX for a 5 night stay. .
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by ps9a
I just booked 6 nights OWB for a total of 420k Marriott. Not trolling. I'm guessing my dates crossed high season... 80k for 1 night, 85k for 4 nights. Most agents have said initially that they can't book awards-- politely asking them to check specific dates just to see if there's availability has worked for me. Aspen (60k/night) and Al Maha (strangely 132k for 2 nights) work, too. Still can't get Bora Bora to work at a reasonable rate, sadly. They've quoted me 73X,XXX for a 5 night stay. .
Congrats! What date did you manage to book for St Regis Maldives?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by ps9a
Congrats, i booked in June, which I think is not a busy season, still charge me 85K/night. not sure why it is so higher...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by l380
Congrats! What date did you manage to book for St Regis Maldives?
March. Best plan I think is to check for cash availability for your dates in either garden or OW. Then at least you don't waste your (or the agent's) time when you finally get through. I've been calling SPG Plat line, FWIW
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:57 am

Has anybody successfully converted a cash booking for garden villa into a points booking?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I called the ambassador line and the ambassador was indeed able to find availability for OVW villa but she couldn't confirm the booking due to error in their systems. She said she will keep trying during the day and hopefully they'll be able to confirm it for me.

Seems like it just depends on the person you call, I will wait couple of hours and see if they can get it through yet.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
I called the ambassador line and the ambassador was indeed able to find availability for OVW villa but she couldn't confirm the booking due to error in their systems. She said she will keep trying during the day and hopefully they'll be able to confirm it for me.

Seems like it just depends on the person you call, I will wait couple of hours and see if they can get it through yet.
Agents on the platinum line are starting their hellos with me as "is this for a monetary or points booking"

Lol... Followed by they can't access the systems
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:42 am

They get you a quote? 85k?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Westin
They get you a quote? 85k?
500k for 7 nights in Febraury, so seems to be 80/85k - not sure what the price depends on (maybe weekday/weekend?).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:46 am

500k for 7 nights in Febraury, so seems to be 80/85k - not sure what the price depends on (maybe weekday/weekend?).
That would make sense with respect to my booking
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:46 am

Lemme know if she manages to book it!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
In December, able to book a OWV, but SPG agent couldn't find it on points

Last edited by shuuy; Aug 20, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by shuuy
In December, able to book a OWB, but SPG agent couldn't find it on points
So she couldn't get it to go through on points?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by Westin
So she couldn't get it to go through on points?
No, and she tried other dates as well. I'll call-in tomorrow morning.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:51 pm

Id recommend calling now, did the plat line. Got 6 nights in march booked for 85 a night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.