Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:38 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cycyc
What would you say is the cutoff time to arrive into MLE to make the last seaplane to StR?
It varies based on TMA. I wouldn't want to ever rely on the last seaplane. Arrive much earlier or the day prior to be sure IMO.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:45 pm

One additional seaplane question...

There shouldn't be any issue returning on the seaplane after the last night at StR as long as the flight is later in the day right?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:48 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by tygran37
One additional seaplane question...

There shouldn't be any issue returning on the seaplane after the last night at StR as long as the flight is later in the day right?
Generally, that seems to be true. I'd choose a very late flight to be safe, though--especially since you can't control what TMA does or decides. Ever.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Generally, that seems to be true. I'd choose a very late flight to be safe, though--especially since you can't control what TMA does or decides. Ever.

Thanks! I'm looking at two options one is @ 19:00 and one is at 21:00 so...that better be enough time lol.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Thanks! I'm looking at two options one is @ 19:00 and one is at 21:00 so...that better be enough time lol.
Always ask the hotel concierge what they recommend and why. They almost always know best.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Interesting that you can book via the app for a room in September or October (just tried with a single night) and it shows the 60K rate for the garden villa and I can get through all the screens successfully. Still not working for further out dates like December, or a handful of days I tried in 2019.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
It varies based on TMA. I wouldn't want to ever rely on the last seaplane. Arrive much earlier or the day prior to be sure IMO.
From the wiki:
  • Guests arriving after 4PM will have to stay overnight on Hulhumale or Male and travel by seaplane the next morning.
Arriving to where exactly? Is this airport arrival time or arrival time to wherever the seaplane departs from?

I ask because my flight is supposed to arrive in MLE @ 15:10 local time. Anyone think this might be a problem?
Ah, yep. Your first night would be in Male or Hulhumale, not at the StR. The StR has no control here, as TransMaldivian Airways controls the schedule for seaplane flights to almost every resort.
Originally Posted by cycyc
What would you say is the cutoff time to arrive into MLE to make the last seaplane to StR?
I'm a bit less risk-averse. I've landed at 4:30pm (on a late PG flight) and been fine catching my seaplane. 3:10pm should be fine if you're flight is anywhere near its arrival time. There is no set rule, and it partially depends on weather, other seaplane schedules, etc. My preferred flight into MLE is from DXB and lands at 2:55pm.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:14 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by federalflyer
i can not find the 1 800 st. Regis number anywhere. Can anyone post the number?
1 800 598 1863
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Is anyone having any luck today? The agents are still unable to confirm anything in 2019 (even the dates that are showing 60K/night availability).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ps9a
I'm a bit less risk-averse. I've landed at 4:30pm (on a late PG flight) and been fine catching my seaplane. 3:10pm should be fine if you're flight is anywhere near its arrival time. There is no set rule, and it partially depends on weather, other seaplane schedules, etc. My preferred flight into MLE is from DXB and lands at 2:55pm.
You go to the Maldives all the time, so I’d be pretty comfortable with what you recommend. Thanks!

Good to see and hear from you again. Been too long...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:38 pm

any successful booking on OW on points today? I think they might have cut this off and no more booking. i was able to do it yesterday for 5 nights..
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP
Originally Posted by misenlai
any successful booking on OW on points today? I think they might have cut this off and no more booking. i was able to do it yesterday for 5 nights..
Shut out today on my end. Agent is seeing the availability but is getting errored out when trying to book, even with garden villas. Hoping it is a function of the system melt down this morning rather than a conscious pullback of availability.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by chongl
Interesting that you can book via the app for a room in September or October (just tried with a single night) and it shows the 60K rate for the garden villa and I can get through all the screens successfully. Still not working for further out dates like December, or a handful of days I tried in 2019.
Nevermind...it just says "unable to process" in a red banner at the top of the app
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:24 pm

Anyone successfully change a cash booking to award when there hasn't been availability on points?

Also, has anyone cancelled and check to see how quickly the reservation went back into inventory?

Last edited by tylerc; Aug 22, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
They will put you on the last sea plane out which is normally around 3-4pm. There might be one after on some days depending on people coming in but that's more risky. Most likely it will be a 4pm flight back to MLE.

For people coming in 3-4pm is probably the latest. I flew in on QR last year which was meant to get in at 1445 but got delayed by 90mins which meant we missed our last sea plane and sat around till 11pm for a flight to a local island and then a 1hr transfer to the Conrad via boat. Got in at 1am local time due to the time difference of MLE +1. Not a fun day waiting around the domestic terminal for so long. My suggestion is try and get in early morning.

In Feb this year we got in at 1500 but had booked a local hotel for the night. Much better as STR got us booked onto a 9am flight and we were in the resort by 10am giving us a full day there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.