Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by tylerc
Garden should still be 60k, no??
Yes, because that is considered the “standard” room. The hotel can dictate whatever they want beyond that. The cash difference between the two is usually only about $250, I guess it’s their way of controlling capacity until this mad rush calms down.

bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by jmail1; Aug 23, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by jmail1
I talked to the hotel directly, they said the 85k was a mistake, OWV is indeed 170k PER NIGHT now.
Not surprised. Probably explains why most 85k point bookings error'd out on the phone. They clearly want to limit bookings and having 21 OWV for 85k was causing an influx of award bookings they dont want.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by captainamerica
Not surprised. Probably explains why most 85k point bookings error'd out on the phone. They clearly want to limit bookings and having 21 OWV for 85k was causing an influx of award bookings they dont want.
I was wake up around 5:00 am to book this hotel several days ago, the rep was so nice and willing to help me to book OWV for 85K. Even she said there were errors, she took her time to fix the problem again and again, and finally successfully booked it . So i think it is all depends on the rep.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
So I have a reservation on hold from the 85k days because my cancelled SPG reservation wouldn't have the points returned to my account. Think they will honor it once they FINALLY return the points to my account? It's been 5 days and frankly unacceptable.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:07 pm

I haven't seen any GV availability. Think they're blocking it to force people to go for the higher priced OWV awards?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:10 pm
kkl

There was some GV availability when i managed to book the 85k OWV.

Im assuming many 85k OWV are speculative bookings. Luckily there is a 1 month no cancellation period, I'm sure many people will be cancelling in time which will help for last min bookings
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by rooivalk
So I have a reservation on hold from the 85k days because my cancelled SPG reservation wouldn't have the points returned to my account. Think they will honor it once they FINALLY return the points to my account? It's been 5 days and frankly unacceptable.
This is super scary. I currently have a reservation but I want to change the dates. The agent said some folks weren't getting back their points for 2 days. Can you confirm if your SPG reservations were made PRIOR to the integration or AFTER? I have a feeling those with instant points back are from reservations that were made AFTER the integration while your 5 day experience is because your reservations were made PRIOR. If this is true, I should be able to cancel and get the points back relatively quickly...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:42 pm

So no way for us to get the 85k OWV anymore? Is our best bet now to hope for GV availability and do a cash upgrade?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:59 pm

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...ould-now-cost/

Looks like they will honor the lucky ones who booked at 85k.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by captainamerica
So no way for us to get the 85k OWV anymore? Is our best bet now to hope for GV availability and do a cash upgrade?
I think it is current situation..lots of people booked GV for cash rates, it is hard for people to see availability for GV now...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by benzylamine
I think it is current situation..lots of people booked GV for cash rates, it is hard for people to see availability for GV now...
Yes, I'm sure that's what happened. In my many calls, several agents said to book cash rates and they could try to convert them once the system was working properly. I was also told to do that for one of my travel packages I was trying to use at an SPG property. Not sure if they'll be able to come through on that, but I figured it was worth a shot.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by rooivalk
What do you mean by on hold? Like with a cash booking?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jmail1
For those that have been to the property would you still consider going if "all" you could manage is a Garden Villa on points? I certainly understand the point of going to Maldives/Bora Bora for many is mainly the OWV.
Yeah definitely. To be honest I kind of preferred the Garden Villa as it was huge. Loved the outside shower area and the huge pool upfront. Yeah you don't get the scenic view but the water was always warm in the pool and the room was huge. The pool was freezing in our OWV.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Yeah definitely. To be honest I kind of preferred the Garden Villa as it was huge. Loved the outside shower area and the huge pool upfront. Yeah you don't get the scenic view but the water was always warm in the pool and the room was huge. The pool was freezing in our OWV.
Phrased differently, I would actually _look_ for garden villa. I posted upthread, but OWV is an experience you should have at some point in your life, but once you check it off, there are much better options out there, imho.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:10 am

I think a lot of bookings are speculative, and also feel that many people likely haven't looked at the seaplane and food prices - it might be a deal breaker for some! I'm fine with the GV, but I do love a good mistake price too!!! Oh well, GV this time, if I ever get my points back (they've been in limbo since Saturday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.