Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Westin

thats what I’ve heard all day from every agent across every venue
maybe be nicer to the agents and you’ll find someone who would help you out my 2c
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by rooivalk

I have a confirmed reservation email? Find an agent who is able to force the reservation through on ‘the other system’. The main system isn’t able to book because our credit cards won’t go through.

The base garden rooms are 60k/night and it’s 85k/night for the overwater.

It’s too bad you couldn’t book it but this is what I got.

maybe be nicer to the agents and you’ll find someone who would help you out my 2c

You're either mega trolling or got super lucky. Talked to plenty of very chill agents who said they literally can't get into the system to book anything with points. We have two people in the thread saying they booked OWV on points at different rates 85k/80k... so not sure what is going on
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
You're either mega trolling or got super lucky. Talked to plenty of very chill agents who said they literally can't get into the system to book anything with points. We have two people in the thread saying they booked OWV on points at different rates 85k/80k... so not sure what is going on
If it helps, this was booked on some ‘other system’. Also, if it helps, I called the SPG Plat line to get this booked. Maybe we were both just lucky? I hope they let us keep our reservations!
Westin likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Garden Villas just opened up on a bunch of dates if anyone planned on making speculative cash bookings
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:38 am

Looks like they opened up on a bunch of dates because some bookings got modified by Marriott. For instance, I had a speculative booking for 7 nights for a Garden Villa. When I checked on the reservation just now, it had been modified to a Beach Villa (I double checked against my confirmation e-mail, which says Garden Villa). Now, 4 of those 7 nights show as having a Garden Villa available, but the other 3 are blacked out.

My guess is that they had a period of time where their backend systems were a bit wacky over the past 2 days, so they allowed people to overbook rooms that were not available. They then went through and "upgraded" rooms to resolve the conflicts. However, now some people will probably have a room reservation that is no longer eligible for booking with points.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BA
If I book a Garden Villa room using points, is there any hope of an upgrade on arrival if I'm a Marriott Platinum member? Or does that never happen for points bookings?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by lukewd
If I book a Garden Villa room using points, is there any hope of an upgrade on arrival if I'm a Marriott Platinum member? Or does that never happen for points bookings?
It's not likely...officially the answer is no upgrade on points but you never know.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by lukewd
It doesn't happen, regardless of whether its points or cash booking. They're far more likely to upgrade people that arrive on special occasion (honeymooners, anniversaries etc.). You might be able to negotiate a cash upgrade though, best to get in touch directly with property.

On a side, was anyone actually able to confirm a points booking yet?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:25 am

I just phoned this morning to book this hotel as well, the rep said there is no garden room available. she helped me to book water villa instead with 85K/night, so five night cost me 34K points.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I'm 99% sure that those persons claiming to book it for 85k are just trolling, I have just called in again and spoke with 3 different reps, all of them confirmed no award availability for the OVW villas.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by porkie
I'm 99% sure that those persons claiming to book it for 85k are just trolling, I have just called in again and spoke with 3 different reps, all of them confirmed no award availability for the OVW villas.
I was quoted a much higher rate for owv by the hotel, though they weren't entirely sure.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
I was quoted a much higher rate for owv by the hotel, though they weren't entirely sure.
what is your rate?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by porkie
It doesn't happen, regardless of whether its points or cash booking. They're far more likely to upgrade people that arrive on special occasion (honeymooners, anniversaries etc.). You might be able to negotiate a cash upgrade though, best to get in touch directly with property.

On a side, was anyone actually able to confirm a points booking yet?
not working through app or website..
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Just spoke to a rep in Asia. Both Garden and OVW villas are available for redemption.... but the rep can't see how much it cost nor book them..... So perhaps those posters did indeed luck out.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:18 am

I got quoted 85k/ night for the Overwater Villa. Booked and confirmation email received.
I also got confirmation email. thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.