Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Maybe its user error (by me), but I am checking various 5 day blocks for a friend and cannot find any dates with Sunrise OWVs available, lowest priced OWV always Sunset. Is this some kind of yield management, true sell out for next couple of months (unlikely) or is something else needed for spg.com to show Sunrise level availability?
Interesting. I have seen the same at other resorts. I think what likely happens is that those villa categories are sold wholesale to travel agencies, very possibly in Asian markets.

However, when I contacted the resort’s reservations department directly, I have been offered rates for sunrise overwaters, in addition to the higher categories.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Maybe its user error (by me), but I am checking various 5 day blocks for a friend and cannot find any dates with Sunrise OWVs available, lowest priced OWV always Sunset. Is this some kind of yield management, true sell out for next couple of months (unlikely) or is something else needed for spg.com to show Sunrise level availability?
I'm now seeing the space but only for longer stays. Appears there is a MLOS for the basic OWVs. Probably trying to block off the SPG awards.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Is the room and pool bigger in the OWB or Beach Villas?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Is the room and pool bigger in the OWB or Beach Villas?
Pool is definitely smaller in the OWV than the GV. I assume BV and GV have same size pools.
Rooms are probably similar in size. OWVs are more rectangular and GVs and BVs are more square with very high ceilings.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone there right now or due to go there? My trip is in a week and I had a night at Hotel Jen booked. Not sure what to do now as that's in MLE city.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Pool is definitely smaller in the OWV than the GV. I assume BV and GV have same size pools.
Rooms are probably similar in size. OWVs are more rectangular and GVs and BVs are more square with very high ceilings.
When I am looking at the photos online some beach villa's seem to have a small plunge pool and others have a longer pool. What's the difference?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:39 am

When I am looking at the photos online some beach villa's seem to have a small plunge pool and others have a longer pool. What's the difference?
Stayed in a BV for 5 nights and had a GV for day use on the day we left. GV pool is definitely bigger (about twice the size). All the BVs we saw had the same size pool. Perhaps the pictures you saw are from the Caroline Astor Estate which is right by the beach villas and has a bigger pool.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nohbdy
Stayed in a BV for 5 nights and had a GV for day use on the day we left. GV pool is definitely bigger (about twice the size). All the BVs we saw had the same size pool. Perhaps the pictures you saw are from the Caroline Astor Estate which is right by the beach villas and has a bigger pool.
Must be the GV pools I saw online then.

I have asked this before I think but can't find the answer to it. If I land at 230pm what time will I get to the resort? I am thinking they will put me on the last flight so around 5pm is that right?

Last edited by onlysuites; Feb 12, 2018 at 4:31 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
I stayed here for 3 nights back in November 2017 and it was the best beach hotel I've experienced in the SPG portfolio. Here is my review which includes:

-Bentley Transfer & St. Regis Lounge
-Trans Maldivian Airways Seaplane to Resort
-The St. Regis Suite with our butler, Ismail
-Island Amenities, including a private Blue Hole Experience
-Restaurants & In-Room Dining (Food & Beverages)
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got back from the resort recently.

- The garden villa is awesome but the lack of view makes it feel like you could be at any other resort worldwide.
- The OWB again is fantastic but the one we were allocated had no sun on the pool which meant the water was cold all day long. Worse still there was constant winds as the villa faced the open sea which meant it felt really cold in the pool. In the 3 days we were in the OWB we used the pool twice.

All in its a good resort but I found the Conrad to be much better. I am sure there are better rooms elsewhere in Maldives then the $3,500 a night that they wanted at the time I was there.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:38 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Got back from the resort recently.

- The garden villa is awesome but the lack of view makes it feel like you could be at any other resort worldwide.
- The OWB again is fantastic but the one we were allocated had no sun on the pool which meant the water was cold all day long. Worse still there was constant winds as the villa faced the open sea which meant it felt really cold in the pool. In the 3 days we were in the OWB we used the pool twice.

All in its a good resort but I found the Conrad to be much better. I am sure there are better rooms elsewhere in Maldives then the $3,500 a night that they wanted at the time I was there.

Agreed! We also never used the pool much...$3.5k /night I'd take Cheval Blanc over it any day! or maybe change gear and just go to the Brando instead.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:40 pm

With the new SPG/Marriott announcement.... it seems that you MAY be able to book a stay here for 20k SPG points (60k Marriott) provided you stay before end of 2018. Thoughts? This seems like an incredible discount compared to the current 90k SPG points per night.

Here's an interview with a Marriott rep from today:
  • Q: Today a select list of SPG properties cost substantially more points than top tier 35K properties. They’re literally off the charts. How much will they cost in the new program?
    A: All properties, including those, will map to the category 1-8 chart (1-7 chart for 2018). They will no longer be off the chart.
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...-announcement/
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by rp88
With the new SPG/Marriott announcement.... it seems that you MAY be able to book a stay here for 20k SPG points (60k Marriott) provided you stay before end of 2018. Thoughts? This seems like an incredible discount compared to the current 90k SPG points per night.

• Q: Today a select list of SPG properties cost substantially more points than top tier 35K properties. They’re literally off the charts. How much will they cost in the new program?
    A: All properties, including those, will map to the category 1-8 chart (1-7 chart for 2018). They will no longer be off the chart.
I wouldn't worry. I suspect all properties will block all room availability in that time period (and, for safety, a bit beyond), so none of us is likely to experience any problems with this. :P Remember, no longer guaranteed availability so long as standard room available - so they wouldn't even be breaking the rules...
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by rp88

The likelihood that this was not lost in translation approaches zero... but I'd love to be wrong; I'd have no issue going back for a second time for 16K/nite.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I wouldn't worry. I suspect all properties will block all room availability in that time period (and, for safety, a bit beyond), so none of us is likely to experience any problems with this. :P Remember, no longer guaranteed availability so long as standard room available - so they wouldn't even be breaking the rules...
Ha! I'm sure they would do anything to get out of it. Where did you see the part about no longer guaranteed availability? According to their website they mention "no blackout dates"

https://members.marriott.com/redeem/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.