Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Has anyone looked into a sea plane or boat transfer from Maamigili to the St. Regis on Vommuli? I see that FlyMe airlines (Villa Air) goes multiple times per day from MLE to VAM for $129 each way. Just need to some how get the 20ish miles from there to Vommuli. $516 plus boat ride ($?) compared to $1330 for sea plane from MLE (which we've done before going to the Conrad Maldives). Just looking at other options.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Has anyone looked into a sea plane or boat transfer from Maamigili to the St. Regis on Vommuli? I see that FlyMe airlines (Villa Air) goes multiple times per day from MLE to VAM for $129 each way. Just need to some how get the 20ish miles from there to Vommuli. $516 plus boat ride ($?) compared to $1330 for sea plane from MLE (which we've done before going to the Conrad Maldives). Just looking at other options.
There aren't other options. Part of going there - especially at a resort the level of StR - is buying the overpriced sea plane transfer from them.

If you're worried about a few hundred for the seaplane ride you may get sticker shock at how much you spend on F&B there
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
There aren't other options. Part of going there - especially at a resort the level of StR - is buying the overpriced sea plane transfer from them.

If you're worried about a few hundred for the seaplane ride you may get sticker shock at how much you spend on F&B there
Yeah, we know what we're getting into there, haha. Same as the Conrad pretty much, though as SPG/Marriott Gold, won't get breakfast included. Just trying to see if there are other options getting there. We will most likely be going very near the island on a week long scuba liveaboard. Too bad they couldn't just drop us off on the way, but it would be only half way through the trip.

Does the sea plane charge go on your room bill like it did at the Conrad? That would mean earning 12.5 Marriott reward points per $ (around 10% kick back at least). It was closer to $500 each for the Conrad.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I stayed at the W earlier this year, the seaplane was charged to the room but it was a "non qualifying charge" so no points on that. Same with the charges from the diving center. I assume it'll be the same at StR.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by porkie
I stayed at the W earlier this year, the seaplane was charged to the room but it was a "non qualifying charge" so no points on that. Same with the charges from the diving center. I assume it'll be the same at StR.
I am pretty sure I didn't get the points from my sea plane transfers.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:24 am

Well that's disappointing. Maybe that'll change with the merger, but who knows. If we could at least book the seaplane separately that would be nice (use Amex Plat 5x air).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Yeah, we know what we're getting into there, haha. Same as the Conrad pretty much, though as SPG/Marriott Gold, won't get breakfast included. Just trying to see if there are other options getting there. We will most likely be going very near the island on a week long scuba liveaboard. Too bad they couldn't just drop us off on the way, but it would be only half way through the trip.

Does the sea plane charge go on your room bill like it did at the Conrad? That would mean earning 12.5 Marriott reward points per $ (around 10% kick back at least). It was closer to $500 each for the Conrad.
I didn't stay at the SPG properties in the end - the actual cost for 3 people was too much because they forced us to get 2 rooms (would have done it for 1)

Instead chose a nice CCR Resorts brand that was all inclusive

The W/StR offered 20% off seaplane costs after some emails to their revenue/reservations manager, FYI - but it was funny doing an activity and seeing boats from all the properties (including StR) doing the same thing - they won't "accept" your arrival any other way than via their service
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I didn't stay at the SPG properties in the end - the actual cost for 3 people was too much because they forced us to get 2 rooms (would have done it for 1)

Instead chose a nice CCR Resorts brand that was all inclusive

The W/StR offered 20% off seaplane costs after some emails to their revenue/reservations manager, FYI - but it was funny doing an activity and seeing boats from all the properties (including StR) doing the same thing - they won't "accept" your arrival any other way than via their service
That's pretty interesting. We noticed that ScubaSpa has a 4 day trip ending at Maamigili now, so we're working with them on the options going from there to Vommuli. If they can find us a boat for that ride, I can at least present that option to the St Regis and see what they say. If they balk at arriving by boat as you say, then I might be able to push the 20% flight discount. We wouldn't mind doing the 7 day ScubaSpa trip still and then ending it at the St Regis, but doing it that way requires a sea plane for sure.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:04 am

a 20% discount on the transfer would be pretty good
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:04 am

Best Sunrise Room?

Hey all,

I'm booked for a regular (not sunset) OWV for the first week of April. I'd rather not stay in the north side rooms (22-28) as I *hate* pools with cold water... So as of right now, I'm looking at the inner curve rooms (1-16)... are there any real differences between these? Which offer more sun/warm water vs more privacy? Someone mentioned #8 , but thats a StR Suite, not a regular OWV...

FWIW, I booked it using points, but I'm not sure what the cost (in $ or points) is to upgrade to a sunset OWV. Also, I'll hit Plat before the end of this month, but based on this thread, it seems getting upgraded is very YMMV.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jukaks
Hey all,

I'm booked for a regular (not sunset) OWV for the first week of April. I'd rather not stay in the north side rooms (22-28) as I *hate* pools with cold water... So as of right now, I'm looking at the inner curve rooms (1-16)... are there any real differences between these? Which offer more sun/warm water vs more privacy? Someone mentioned #8 , but thats a StR Suite, not a regular OWV...

FWIW, I booked it using points, but I'm not sure what the cost (in $ or points) is to upgrade to a sunset OWV. Also, I'll hit Plat before the end of this month, but based on this thread, it seems getting upgraded is very YMMV.
Just get one that on the inner side as they get more sun. I had one towards the outer side which never got any son on the pool. It was freezing and the light breeze would make it feel really cold.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:15 am

Yes, I'm asking *which* of the inner ones to get? Or if there is any difference wrt to sun vs privacy...
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:50 am

Can someone clarify what is the weight limit for the seaplane?

Trans Maldivian's website states 25kg (20kg checked and 5kg hand).
The St. Regis website states the allowance is 25kg for checked and 5kg for hand.

Also, any idea whether the $5.60/kg additional charge is one-way or return?

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:50 am

Platinum Breakfasts

Do platinums receive full access to the buffet and a la carte menu — saw a report it was only offering a continental option?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
That's pretty interesting. We noticed that ScubaSpa has a 4 day trip ending at Maamigili now, so we're working with them on the options going from there to Vommuli. If they can find us a boat for that ride, I can at least present that option to the St Regis and see what they say. If they balk at arriving by boat as you say, then I might be able to push the 20% flight discount. We wouldn't mind doing the 7 day ScubaSpa trip still and then ending it at the St Regis, but doing it that way requires a sea plane for sure.
At the Conrad Maldives Forum someone posted a quote of 150 USD for thr boat transfer from Maamigili to Conrad , organized by the whale shark inn Guest House.
Or you could request a quote for the transfer here:
https://www.getmyboat.com/boat-renta...aldives--83431

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.