Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by porkie
OVW's are entirely sold out for most of the dates from December till April.
trying to book ovw for April and they don’t see any availability right now and expect hotels to open up more hopefully....
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by jasonbourne88
Anyone else able to book today? I've called and seems like they were viewable yesterday but not viewable again today...

Quite frustrating at this point... called both SPG, and Plat line number to no luck.

If anyone was able to book - mind sharing the number?
This is from the status page which probably doesn't help.

We are currently working to fix the following issues

Guests are unable to access their accounts or make reservations with points on the following:
  • Web sites
  • Voice reservation systems

Because our voice reservation systems are also impacted, associates at our general reservations phone numbers are unable to access member profiles or make reservations with points.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Seems like my dates went from having availability to being sold out as well...they also can't do anything as they have another system outage at the moment
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by chongl
Seems like my dates went from having availability to being sold out as well...they also can't do anything as they have another system outage at the moment

I'm curious what everyone means by "having availability". Are people seeing 60k point garden villa nights that can't be booked? Or are people only seeing cash rates for OWV (no garden villas available) and are trying to book these using points?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:46 am

I believe NO ONE is seeing the garden villa - however OVW villas are supposed to be available if they are available via cash...

Despite being available for cash - the Reps are saying they are not able to book with points if the Resort does not open them up for points..
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
In the screen that lists all the hotels, I see 60,000 point rooms available, but only cash rates when I click through. I now checked and the dates all show 60K rooms available if I search them individually, however they still are not bookable online (shows cash rate only)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:24 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
This has been so frustrating. The availability comes and goes so quickly that people that happen to call at the right time are getting the OWVs booked. And those that don't call at the right times can't. I was told to book the OWV for cash as many of you also were, but every agent says that you need award availability and can't swap, and therefore holding the room for cash makes it unavailable for points - yet they also say that if you cancel the cash booking it won't go back into inventory for a while and only maybe for cash - so there's no real solution here.

Never mind that as of a few mins ago, the agents can't even see any points in my account to book with anyway....
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jasonbourne88
I believe NO ONE is seeing the garden villa - however OVW villas are supposed to be available if they are available via cash...

Despite being available for cash - the Reps are saying they are not able to book with points if the Resort does not open them up for points..
Yes, the dates I'm looking for have CASH rates for OWVs but I've had no luck being able to use points to book these rooms.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Thanks for this interesting thread and the updates to all of you!

And just to calm people fearing it might be a conspiracy to have the system preventing a lot of the bookings for the maldives: It's the same for all (Business) Hotels in Germany right now - I urgently need to make some reservations for next month in Berlin, but the Systems won't take any paid booking all day, the website won't let me log in, both apps can't see my account data anymore ... they just display the rates for SPG properties, can't even see the Marriott properties, and won't take paid reservations for the SPG one. *sigh*
So the issues are not Award specific or maldives specific at all.

Still: kudos to them for this big task of merging the programs, and with what I've seen so far, I am really looking forward to it when everything will work smoothly in a few days (hopefully).
- I'll see if I can fit in a 5 day stay stay in the maldives for next year :-)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:23 am

I actually see point bookings for the GV at 60k/night available on the Marriott app but when I click through trying to book it, it's unavailable. Seems like the points booking system is definitely still down.

Hopefully I'll be able to convert my cash bookings to award bookings but as MilesTalk mentioned, the agents need to be able to see award availability. And since we're all holding so many refundable cash bookings, they're not able to book any award bookings at all.
ATX1989 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Mei Wan
I actually see point bookings for the GV at 60k/night available on the Marriott app but when I click through trying to book it, it's unavailable. Seems like the points booking system is definitely still down.

Hopefully I'll be able to convert my cash bookings to award bookings but as MilesTalk mentioned, the agents need to be able to see award availability. And since we're all holding so many refundable cash bookings, they're not able to book any award bookings at all.
This ⬆️. We all are collectively making things worse IMO by all of the refundable cash bookings we're hanging on to. It's artificially reducing the inventory and making award availability more scarce.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:52 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ATX1989
This ⬆️. We all are collectively making things worse IMO by all of the refundable cash bookings we're hanging on to. It's artificially reducing the inventory and making award availability more scarce.
THIS! ^^^
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:12 pm

From the wiki:
  • Guests arriving after 4PM will have to stay overnight on Hulhumale or Male and travel by seaplane the next morning.

Arriving to where exactly? Is this airport arrival time or arrival time to wherever the seaplane departs from?

I ask because my flight is supposed to arrive in MLE @ 15:10 local time. Anyone think this might be a problem?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:23 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tygran37
From the wiki:
  • Guests arriving after 4PM will have to stay overnight on Hulhumale or Male and travel by seaplane the next morning.

Arriving to where exactly? Is this airport arrival time or arrival time to wherever the seaplane departs from?

I ask because my flight is supposed to arrive in MLE @ 15:10 local time. Anyone think this might be a problem?
Ah, yep. Your first night would be in Male or Hulhumale, not at the StR. The StR has no control here, as TransMaldivian Airways controls the schedule for seaplane flights to almost every resort.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Ah, yep. Your first night would be in Male or Hulhumale, not at the StR. The StR has no control here, as TransMaldivian Airways controls the schedule for seaplane flights to almost every resort.
What would you say is the cutoff time to arrive into MLE to make the last seaplane to StR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.