Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Thanks for the detailed info Land-of-Miles. We will be there the middle of next month for three nights. We pretty much don't drink, so will focus on Decanter and Cargo for dinner and Alba for breakfast.

We enjoyed being able to snorkel right at our OWV in the W Maldives last year. Sounds like that might not be as interesting at this resort.

Sharks, Scrzy? Hmm...
Decanter is very wine focussed so may not be for you if not up for drinking

You can snorkel off your water or beach villa you just need to go a little further to get all the reef action. In contrast the deluxe villa at the Conrad on Rangali had very little action in the immediate vicinity. Not sure how this compares to the W.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know up to what dates it could be bookable with the award pricing glitch back in July 2016?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by meraki1990
Does anyone know up to what dates it could be bookable with the award pricing glitch back in July 2016?
Definitely through Dec 3rd, 2017-- can't vouch for dates after that.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ps9a
Definitely through Dec 3rd, 2017-- can't vouch for dates after that.
Thanks, I was just wondering if Jan 2018 was also bookable at that price.

I'm planning to go around then, but not sure if it would be crowded from the glitch pricing.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by meraki1990
Thanks, I was just wondering if Jan 2018 was also bookable at that price.

I'm planning to go around then, but not sure if it would be crowded from the glitch pricing.
I booked for the end of December 2017 and remember being able to select dates into January 2018. It appears SPG lets you book 18 months in advance, so if it was pulled around August 3, 2016, stays were potentially bookable through February 2, 2018.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
What glitch was this?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by onlysuites
What glitch was this?
When the hotel just became bookable in the summer of 2016, it was flagged as a standard cat7, meaning 30K per night plus fifth night free. They realised the mistake fairly quickly though.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:00 pm

Got back a couple weeks ago. That has to be the nicest hotel/resort I have ever stayed at. Such an amazing experience. The property was top notch and service couldn't have been better.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beastieb
Got back a couple weeks ago. That has to be the nicest hotel/resort I have ever stayed at. Such an amazing experience. The property was top notch and service couldn't have been better.
It is a great resort but it could have been better in some respects, which may well have annoyed me greatly had I been paying full whack for a room.

The Overwater Villas are superb and so much better than those at Rangali even the quite high end villa we had there. The quality of the resort is also outstanding but some soft features need a little more polish. Service could be a little slow and forgetful, the daily fruit plate (which I relied upon to add to my in suite G&T's) was rather random until I made a fuss about it. My wife lost count of the number of things she requested at breakfast which were just forgotten (albeit my experience was better).

At times it did rather remind me of the rather random service one tends to find in Dutch restaurants.

The dining options were also less varied and extensive than you might ideally like. It wouldn't take much to really make a difference to issues which were small in the broad scheme of things but at over $2k per night you would expect the detail to be right.

The resort itself though is world class, I now just need to find a way of getting back for a lot less than that $2k per night
Old May 7, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LTS
Hi All,

I am planning an award stay for 5 nights from Dec 19-24. the rates for an overwater villa is 58500 points for a total of 234k points. I would be using all of my marriott points and then some of UR points for this.

The question is - is it worth it? The paid rates for those dates for the overwater villa is over 2700$ / night - even with the 4th night free offer it would cost over 12000$. Normally I would never pay such a rate for any hotel.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Ksw299
Hi All,

I am planning an award stay for 5 nights from Dec 19-24. the rates for an overwater villa is 58500 points for a total of 234k points. I would be using all of my marriott points and then some of UR points for this.

The question is - is it worth it? The paid rates for those dates for the overwater villa is over 2700$ / night - even with the 4th night free offer it would cost over 12000$. Normally I would never pay such a rate for any hotel.
My two cents. I would never, ever, ever pay $2,700 for this hotel per night (+tax!) - I did not find the service to be anywhere near that mark (considering most of the other, much more exclusive properties are half that price or less). The St-Regis Maldives is probably the (and if not then one of the) most expensive property in the Maldives, and I do not think that's deserved at all.

However! At 58,500 points per night, even if you value your SPG at 2 cents per point (which is a little bit on the high side), then this works out to about $1,100 or so. That's a completely different ball game: I think it's well worth this price. So I'd do it. In fact, I might - somehow I thought it was in the 90K point range, but at 58, it's actually semi-reasonable. Is this during the "dream destinations" promo or whatever they call that promo?
Old May 7, 2017, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
However! At 58,500 points per night, even if you value your SPG at 2 cents per point (which is a little bit on the high side), then this works out to about $1,100 or so. That's a completely different ball game: I think it's well worth this price. So I'd do it.
I would also do it for that price, it is a wonderful hotel and you'll have a wonderful stay. I wish I could go back next year but next big trip is to Australia instead.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:17 pm

It could be the dream destinations promo - no idea though. the property looks fantastic. This would be my first stay at the maldives and want to make it memorable.

There are some other non-brand names which are much much cheaper like 800$ a night for full board and in trip advisor they all look good. I stopped trusting trip advisor a while ago.

In term of redemption value it would be one of the best as I would be redeeming 702k marriott points for over 12k. But as I said before I would never pay 12k for 5 nights just for room.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:47 pm
kkl

How recent is this 58k promo?

Thought it was 90k per night?
Old May 7, 2017, 8:23 pm

Don't know - when I called they said its 58.5k / night for the dates I am looking for. Its definitely not low season as its Christmas time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.