Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:30 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Has anyone posted a review comparing their experience between W Maldives and STR?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beastieb
From the odds and ends I have seen here and there it seems like its about $900/2 people
Thanks, we have it booked in 2 weeks but still not sure of the price, $900 seems reasonable in comparison with the wine cellar dinner at the Conrad Rangali.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Has anyone posted a review comparing their experience between W Maldives and STR?
In 2 weeks, I can provide you with that. However, it's been a while since I stayed at the W (2009).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Aha. Thanks! Anything regarding the flu though?
Here is what I received from the resort:

Regarding the swine flu outbreak in maldives, most of the cases have been reported from the capital Male’. As of now we do not have any cases reported from the resorts.

But the resorts have taken the corrective measures against the flu, as prevention is always better than cure.

Hoping to welcome you soon here at the finest address in the Maldives.
I have replied asking about the airport situation.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by beastieb
From the odds and ends I have seen here and there it seems like its about $900/2 people
Just to confirm, that's $900 including the 23.2% taxes, correct?
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Several years apart, but I liked the diving and activities far more at the W as the reef was in far better shape.

Everything else was better at the STR.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Not sure, but ill be there in a couple weeks and will find out. You can also just email, they are pretty responsive.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Yes. Inclusive.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by nohbdy
Were you in an OWV with your daughter? I notice they have changed the policy on their website and it states no children in the OWVs.
Yes, we were in overwater villa 524 during our stay. I sent an e-mail to the resort three months before arrival letting them know that my daughter stayed with us in an overwater villa at the Park Hyatt Maldives when she was only 11 months old and I would accept full responsibility for any unexpected events. They were fine with it and all they asked me to do was sign a waiver when I checked-in.

In fact, we met several families with young children staying in overwater villas, one of which was the John Jacob Astor Estate by a large group from the UAE with half a dozen young boys.

Regarding Decanter (we didn't have dinner there because quite frankly for the same amount of money, I'd much rather have dinner at Le Cinq or Eleven Madison Park), I met the very friendly Wine Director at Decanter (who is also a Francophile) who told me that the Champagne apertif is a tete du cuvee
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Is dress here typical Maldives casual? Decanter says smart dress I presume this means chinos and a long shirt type approach?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Hi I am wondering if anyone has any luck to change the date of their stay for a couple of date earlier or later. I am doing this just easier to get flight options. Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Is dress here typical Maldives casual? Decanter says smart dress I presume this means chinos and a long shirt type approach?
dress is very casual. Chinos are perfect.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Does anyone have any link to the Orientale and Whale Bar menu? The wiki links do not work anymore.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You'll want long sleeves. The temperature outside is 30C, and the temperature downstairs where the dinner is held is about half that.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
Does anyone have any link to the Orientale and Whale Bar menu? The wiki links do not work anymore.
Orientale Menu

Whale Bar Menu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.