Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by thexfactor
Rule #1 -- ignore weather forecasts in MLE.
Rule #2 -- see Rule #1
Rule #3 -- bring sunscreen
Totally agree XFACTOR

As for rule #3, I should add the hotel does have two sunscreen/aloe/tanning oil station next oto the pool, you help yourself and it's complimentary/included.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I know the seaplane transfer is done by a 3rd party, but does anyone know if the hotel accepts points for the seaplane transfer?

I'm contemplating whether leave the points in my account and use it there or just transfer them to BA Avios points with the new promo.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:38 am

Rule #2 -- see Rule #1
You shouldn't be relying on Male weather forecasts because the resort is more than 100km away. Mahibadhoo is the weather station I use for Rangali. Perhaps there's a weather station closer to Vommuli that is listed with Foreca. eWeather HD is a great app that uses Foreca. Give it a try.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I know the seaplane transfer is done by a 3rd party, but does anyone know if the hotel accepts points for the seaplane transfer?

I'm contemplating whether leave the points in my account and use it there or just transfer them to BA Avios points with the new promo.
No hotel chain gives you points for TMA transfers.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
No hotel chain gives you points for TMA transfers.
I'm not talking about getting points. I'm talking about redeeming points for the seaplane transfer.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
I'm not talking about getting points. I'm talking about redeeming points for the seaplane transfer.
I thought I read on this thread someone using starpoints for the air transfer. I think it was a ratio of around 1.25 cents per point. I am not entirely sure but am fairly certain it was somewhere in thread....ill try to look thru and quote it for you if I find it.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
You shouldn't be relying on Male weather forecasts because the resort is more than 100km away. Mahibadhoo is the weather station I use for Rangali. Perhaps there's a weather station closer to Vommuli that is listed with Foreca. eWeather HD is a great app that uses Foreca. Give it a try.
By "MLE" I'm referring to the country, not the airport.

And forecasts for the country, unless weather station is on top of the resort, are notoriously unreliable.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Avis, United
Originally Posted by kokinos
I wouldn't worry too much about the weather in the Maldives in February from my experiences but wish you the best of luck with it as well.
Thank you for your wishes.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Avis, United
Rule #2 -- see Rule #1
Yup. I haven't told my wife about the weather forecasts I was looking at. She handed me several bottles of sunscreen, tanning oils, and aloes to pack. Let me see how much I will use them during the trip.

Last edited by physi; Feb 10, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:03 pm

Itheir is anyone get upgrade the room from sgp plat?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:28 am

By "MLE" I'm referring to the country, not the airport.

And forecasts for the country, unless weather station is on top of the resort, are notoriously unreliable.
Mahibadhoo is only about 30km east of Rangali and I've found that when I've used it for the last couple of trips (16 days in total for those 2 visits, 8 days in July and 8 in Jan/Feb), it's been pretty accurate, especially when the winds are blowing from the east.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
Yes, you can redeem points for seaplane transfer. In fact, you can redeem points for hotel credit at any time during your stay, however many times you want. What you cannot do is redeem points for dive shop/watersports credit, as those amenities are operated independently from the St. Regis.

The rate is 1.33 cents/Starpoint. A roundtrip seaplane transfer for one will cost you 48,380 Starpoints.

Not a great redemption value, but I'll probably be redeeming with points. My argument for using is that there will inevitably be point devaluation when the Marriott and SPG loyalty platforms officially merge.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ants1
Yes, you can redeem points for seaplane transfer. In fact, you can redeem points for hotel credit at any time during your stay, however many times you want. What you cannot do is redeem points for dive shop/watersports credit, as those amenities are operated independently from the St. Regis.

The rate is 1.33 cents/Starpoint. A roundtrip seaplane transfer for one will cost you 48,380 Starpoints.

Not a great redemption value, but I'll probably be redeeming with points. My argument for using is that there will inevitably be point devaluation when the Marriott and SPG loyalty platforms officially merge.
Appreciate your response. Isn't the seaplane operator is also operated independently from the St. Regis?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:43 pm

Appreciate your response. Isn't the seaplane operator is also operated independently from the St. Regis?
Indeed it is. Owned by the parent corporation that owns Hilton, actually.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
Yes, good point, but the St. Regis allows you to redeem points for the seaplane transfer because they front the cost and then pass it on directly to you, the consumer, via the resort bill.

I have confirmation that the dive shop/watersport amenities are billed separately through a 3rd party, so that is why Starpoints can't be redeemed for those amenities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.