Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 9:35 pm
kkl

I just spoke to spg. Redemption rates have dropped from 90k to 58.5 a night for owv.

Garden villas which are the base rooms are not in the reward pool?
Old May 8, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ksw299
In term of redemption value it would be one of the best as I would be redeeming 702k marriott points for over 12k. But as I said before I would never pay 12k for 5 nights just for room.
This is pretty much the perfect scenario for when using points is worth it.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:46 am

Main Pool Closure

Received notice from the hotel today that the main pool will be closed during our stay:

"Please be informed that we are undertaking some essential maintenance work at our main swimming pool and it will be closed from 15th May to 5th June."
Old May 8, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum
is this redemption rate for certain dates? We are going in October for 5 nights at 360,000 points (hey, it's our 25th anniversary). This would save me over 100k points!
Old May 8, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum
Thank you thank you thank you!!! This just saved me 126k points! You guys are awesome!
Old May 8, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
My two cents. I would never, ever, ever pay $2,700 for this hotel per night (+tax!) - I did not find the service to be anywhere near that mark (considering most of the other, much more exclusive properties are half that price or less). The St-Regis Maldives is probably the (and if not then one of the) most expensive property in the Maldives, and I do not think that's deserved at all.

However! At 58,500 points per night, even if you value your SPG at 2 cents per point (which is a little bit on the high side), then this works out to about $1,100 or so. That's a completely different ball game: I think it's well worth this price. So I'd do it. In fact, I might - somehow I thought it was in the 90K point range, but at 58, it's actually semi-reasonable. Is this during the "dream destinations" promo or whatever they call that promo?
Totally agree with this, whilst I could just about conceive of spending >$2.5k per night, I would spend most of my time picking faults at this property at that rate.

As a redemption though it is superb value, the benchmark point value of $1.1k is much more realistic.

You do have to factor in the cost of getting there and the sheer expense of F&B.

Even after the redemption you are still looking at about $1k per night unless you are exceptionally parsimonious.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Travel Agent (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Ritz, etc.)
SPG Luxury Privileges

Hi all,

I think I´m ´too new´ to FlyerTalk to be able to post in and/or edit a Wiki, but figured I´d throw it out there...

For those NOT on a points redemption visit (i.e., for those paying BAR/cash), the Starwood Luxury Privileges amenities are:

1. Complimentary fourth night for bookings from September 15, 2016 to June 26, 2017 for stays from November 15, 2016 through June 30, 2017; the promotion may be repeated during stay. Black-out dates: January 29, 30, 31; February 1, 2, 3, 4; April 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 2017. Complimentary night will be adjusted at check-out.

2. One 100 USD spa service credit per villa, per stay

3. Daily buffet breakfast for two guests

4. Complimentary in-room internet access

5. Access to Blue Hole Hydrotheraphy pool

6. Upgrade on arrival, STA

7. Early check-in, STA

8. Late check-out, STA

Considering you´d still earn points, get elite recognition, and are able to stack elite status amenities with SPG LP amenities, seems like a no brainer for those travelling on a BAR rate.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Totally agree with this, whilst I could just about conceive of spending >$2.5k per night, I would spend most of my time picking faults at this property at that rate.

As a redemption though it is superb value, the benchmark point value of $1.1k is much more realistic.

You do have to factor in the cost of getting there and the sheer expense of F&B.

Even after the redemption you are still looking at about $1k per night unless you are exceptionally parsimonious.
I am a SPG platinum member thanks to marriott platinum whih means atleast I will get breakfast free. Seeing the breakfast spread I think I can easily skip lunch on some days.

I contacted the resort to get a list of all the menus and you are correct everything is extremely expensive. No point being extremely parsimonious if you are going to the other part of the world to enjoy a vacation.

I am planning to do a private dinner by the beach which will cost atleast 1000$.

I am budgeting atleast 4k - since my wife is a vegetarian (some veg main courses are relatively cheaper).
Old May 9, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by Rossello321
Hi all,

I think I´m ´too new´ to FlyerTalk to be able to post in and/or edit a Wiki, but figured I´d throw it out there...

For those NOT on a points redemption visit (i.e., for those paying BAR/cash), the Starwood Luxury Privileges amenities are:

1. Complimentary fourth night for bookings from September 15, 2016 to June 26, 2017 for stays from November 15, 2016 through June 30, 2017; the promotion may be repeated during stay. Black-out dates: January 29, 30, 31; February 1, 2, 3, 4; April 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 2017. Complimentary night will be adjusted at check-out.

2. One 100 USD spa service credit per villa, per stay

3. Daily buffet breakfast for two guests

4. Complimentary in-room internet access

5. Access to Blue Hole Hydrotheraphy pool

6. Upgrade on arrival, STA

7. Early check-in, STA

8. Late check-out, STA

Considering you´d still earn points, get elite recognition, and are able to stack elite status amenities with SPG LP amenities, seems like a no brainer for those travelling on a BAR rate.
The resort itself is offering a taste of luxury package which includes breakfast and every fourth night free for almost all dates.

It is cheaper than BAR and no date restrictions - you would be losing the upgrade as this resort would not even upgrade platinum members (confirmed by email).
Old May 9, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by tlrkv6
Received notice from the hotel today that the main pool will be closed during our stay:

"Please be informed that we are undertaking some essential maintenance work at our main swimming pool and it will be closed from 15th May to 5th June."
I wouldn't stress, we didn't go in it once. Maybe ask for some points or something for the inconvenience.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by beastieb
I wouldn't stress, we didn't go in it once. Maybe ask for some points or something for the inconvenience.
I'd ask for some spa treatments or a dinner which would easily be a couple hundred dollars.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb
Same - we dipped our feet in at most. If the entire pool area won't be available, then I'd be a little wary. The main beach is right there as well as the main restaurant (Alba). We did spend a decent amount of time in that area. Just make sure they aren't shutting down the entire area.

If you can get some spa treatments out of it, grab it. The spa is incredible!
Old May 9, 2017, 2:46 pm

I think I only saw people in the pool one time in the 5 days there, the beach was nearly just as empty.
Old May 9, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ksw299
I am a SPG platinum member thanks to marriott platinum whih means atleast I will get breakfast free. Seeing the breakfast spread I think I can easily skip lunch on some days.

I contacted the resort to get a list of all the menus and you are correct everything is extremely expensive. No point being extremely parsimonious if you are going to the other part of the world to enjoy a vacation.

I am planning to do a private dinner by the beach which will cost atleast 1000$.

I am budgeting atleast 4k - since my wife is a vegetarian (some veg main courses are relatively cheaper).
The breakfast is excellent although service could be a little patchy, the breakfast and accompanying bottomless booze was simply the best I have had in any hotel anywhere worldwide.

Don't forget you have the seaplane transfers too to pay for so you are in almost $2k before a single meal. Spa treatments we thought were pretty good value for money but will add a chunk to your costs too.

We used the minibar quite a bit but brought our own premium mixers (I don't like Schweppes anyway), which was good value overall. Room service is bizarrely the best value dining option (and most comprehensive).

The Decanter dinner was excellent and fabulous value for money as well as both informative and entertaining.

Cargo was also great and pretty good value for money overall.

The other outlets were a tad hit and miss except Crust and it is a real shame that Crust is not open in the evenings.

I had mentally budgeted at around $1k per night all in and came in at a little bit under but we didn't really try to save money just to ensure we had no nasty surprises. We did drink a bit both in the villa and beyond it as we would anywhere else. The only real issues with dining I would say are the Whale Bar which had outrageously expensive tapas (I think we did over $600 at a dinner there) and Orientale where the basic food value and portion size were good but the service far too haphazard.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
35% Off Award Stays Promotion

From my Ambassador: "The promotion for 35% off reward stays is good through March 5, 2018. You must stay between now and then as this promotion is ineligible for stays starting after March 5, 2018. The deadline to book is also March 5, 2018, the last day possible to stay. This promotional rate is subject to availability."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.