FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:54 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beastieb
Got back a couple weeks ago. That has to be the nicest hotel/resort I have ever stayed at. Such an amazing experience. The property was top notch and service couldn't have been better.
It is a great resort but it could have been better in some respects, which may well have annoyed me greatly had I been paying full whack for a room.

The Overwater Villas are superb and so much better than those at Rangali even the quite high end villa we had there. The quality of the resort is also outstanding but some soft features need a little more polish. Service could be a little slow and forgetful, the daily fruit plate (which I relied upon to add to my in suite G&T's) was rather random until I made a fuss about it. My wife lost count of the number of things she requested at breakfast which were just forgotten (albeit my experience was better).

At times it did rather remind me of the rather random service one tends to find in Dutch restaurants.

The dining options were also less varied and extensive than you might ideally like. It wouldn't take much to really make a difference to issues which were small in the broad scheme of things but at over $2k per night you would expect the detail to be right.

The resort itself though is world class, I now just need to find a way of getting back for a lot less than that $2k per night