Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Which side of the seaplane do I sit on for the inbound flight to the StR if I want to get a nice wide-angle shot of the resort? I think it's the left side, but I'm not positive.
When I went it was on the right side. But he basically flew straight at the island and only towards the very end could I see the island on the right. Not sure if it changes based on what previous hotels they are coming from.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Which side of the seaplane do I sit on for the inbound flight to the StR if I want to get a nice wide-angle shot of the resort? I think it's the left side, but I'm not positive.
I have seen them come in from both sides. Guess it depends on the wind on the day?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:34 pm

Massage

does anyone know if platinum members get discounts on spa services at this resort? Thought I saw it mentioned once but wasn’t sure if anyone knew. Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:23 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by Jon Kraynak
does anyone know if platinum members get discounts on spa services at this resort? Thought I saw it mentioned once but wasn’t sure if anyone knew. Thanks!
10%
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:33 pm

Does anyone know how fast points get re-deposited in my account if I cancel my reservation? It's 5 nights/240k if that matters.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:35 pm

Normally I close the app and open it up again and they are usually there.
miked3411 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the StR brand was integrated into the Marriott reservation system a couple weeks ago and award availability (and availability in general) seems to now be loaded in a week at a time (1 year minus two weeks on Saturday night around midnight ET) rather than day by day as it seemed to be previously.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the StR brand was integrated into the Marriott reservation system a couple weeks ago and award availability (and availability in general) seems to now be loaded in a week at a time (1 year minus two weeks on Saturday night around midnight ET) rather than day by day as it seemed to be previously.
Interesting. Good info, thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Anecdotal, but I'm seeing a lot more award avail for summer 2019. Last week nothing...now most of August is open.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:25 pm

Can the seaplane transfer fee, OWV upgrade fee be paid on arrival? I'm having some issues changing the credit card attached to my reservation #.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Can the seaplane transfer fee, OWV upgrade fee be paid on arrival? I'm having some issues changing the credit card attached to my reservation #.
The upgrade fee is processed once you confirm that you want it. They will either process it against the card on file, or they will send you a credit card form to complete if ypu want to sue another card.

Seaplane transfer is charged when you are at the hotel.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The upgrade fee is processed once you confirm that you want it. They will either process it against the card on file, or they will send you a credit card form to complete if ypu want to sue another card.

Seaplane transfer is charged when you are at the hotel.
ok, thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:27 pm

For those that have been to the resort, how popular is this rsort for kids?

just want to know if there will be many noisy kids or is it generally calm around the resort?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:22 pm

Local fees and taxes on point stay

Why does my award redemption reservation show I still need to pay over 1500 for local fees and taxes for 5 nights?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by wonghenhen
Why does my award redemption reservation show I still need to pay over 1500 for local fees and taxes for 5 nights?

the 1500 is the seaplane transfer cost for two people

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.