Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by meehgz
Emphasis my own - shouldn't they be honoring the terms under which you booked (assuming you booked under terms that stated max occupancy was higher)?
I was booked for 2 pax using points for GV. It is true it is above max occupancy but we've had reports of them allowing 2 young children (mine at 5 and 2) to stay in the GV. I told them I've had "friends" who have had stayed in GV with 2 children (see upthread for details) so why can't they do the same for me..

I'm debating on canceling and moving to Conrad Maldives (which i've been before and I have enough points there and they look to allow 2+2 for same award price) VS paying an additional ~$3700 for 10 nights for the BV upgrade..
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
We regret to inform you that the resort policies have now changed and the maximum occupancy for a Garden Villa with Pool is fixed at 2 persons. We are unable to accommodate your family of 4 in a Garden Villa with Pool. The only option is to upgrade to a higher category that can accommodate your family.
Wow that's a huge blow. Did they specify what category does accommodate 2 adults + 2 kids? I know we were in the duplex Family Beach Villa but those are twice as expensive in cash as a GV so a huge difference. If they claim a BV or OWV can accommodate it that really just seems like a straight up surcharge as there's not any material difference in layout...
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by jjakobv84
Wow that's a huge blow. Did they specify what category does accommodate 2 adults + 2 kids? I know we were in the duplex Family Beach Villa but those are twice as expensive in cash as a GV so a huge difference. If they claim a BV or OWV can accommodate it that really just seems like a straight up surcharge as there's not any material difference in layout...
beach villa. I checked the dates ill be there and the GV is soldout. Seems like a play on trying to get me to pay for the upgrade vs giving it for free. Ive asked them that ill be happy to pay for the upcharge of upgraded to the familu duplex.. unlikely but who knows..
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
I was booked for 2 pax using points for GV. It is true it is above max occupancy but we've had reports of them allowing 2 young children (mine at 5 and 2) to stay in the GV. I told them I've had "friends" who have had stayed in GV with 2 children (see upthread for details) so why can't they do the same for me..

I'm debating on canceling and moving to Conrad Maldives (which i've been before and I have enough points there and they look to allow 2+2 for same award price) VS paying an additional ~$3700 for 10 nights for the BV upgrade..
This seems pretty cheap of the resort-- it's not as if a 5 and 2 year old can stay in their own room. And if I were the resort, I'd rather have the the kids in the middle of the island. It's bizarre to me how resorts handle kids-- and which categories they fall into. StR Bora Bora in contrast, allows a max of 3 in upgraded rooms, but 4 in the base (reefside) villa. The age at which kids are considered "occupants" also varies from hotel to hotel. Would be very helpful if St Regis had a brand-wide policy-- ie, kids under 2 don't count as occupants , 2-10 count as half an occupant, etc
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:34 pm

beach villa. I checked the dates ill be there and the GV is soldout. Seems like a play on trying to get me to pay for the upgrade vs giving it for free. Ive asked them that ill be happy to pay for the upcharge of upgraded to the familu duplex.. unlikely but who knows..
Kinda expected that they said no, they've lowered their upgrade price to now $300 a night.. thinking to ask for $200 and calling it good..
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by rp88
I think that's too much. I paid 540 with 5th night free recently.
I am paying 640k with fifth night free recently also for OW villa. I'm now worried about the Qatar flight that gets in around 3:15 ish.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by scselig1
I am paying 640k with fifth night free recently also for OW villa. I'm now worried about the Qatar flight that gets in around 3:15 ish.
It has been reported in the thread to be OK with that flight as long as it is on time. Any significant delay will of course mean a night in Malé.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It has been reported in the thread to be OK with that flight as long as it is on time. Any significant delay will of course mean a night in Malé.
Minor delays too. I was delayed by 30 mins on this same flight last year and we ended up waiting in Airport till 11pm for a flight to a local island and then a 1hr boat ride to the Conrad. Not a good way to start the holiday. Try and get a different flight.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Minor delays too. I was delayed by 30 mins on this same flight last year and we ended up waiting in Airport till 11pm for a flight to a local island and then a 1hr boat ride to the Conrad. Not a good way to start the holiday. Try and get a different flight.
True, should have written most delays.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:22 pm

For those who have already visited the St Regis, what would you do differently if you were to visit again?

Planning on my second trip soon and looking for some pro tips or suggestions. Will def be spending more hours at the breakfast each day!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by rp88
For those who have already visited the St Regis, what would you do differently if you were to visit again?

Planning on my second trip soon and looking for some pro tips or suggestions. Will def be spending more hours at the breakfast each day!
For some reason, we weren't terribly hungry when we went to our reservation at Cargo and ended up splitting a platter. Based on the menu and what we saw waiters bringing out to others, I would have liked to have sampled more of that they had...looked/smelled amazing!

Would have also liked to try the night fishing, but it coincided on the same night as the wine dinner.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by nohbdy

We went once shortly after opening and again last week (checked out earlier this week). They have made some cut backs since our first stay. Our butler specifically told us that one of those changes was kids eating for free.

On this trip, we were told under 4 is free. We were charged for meals for our 5 year old, but meals for our 1 year old were free (which was a little awkward differentiating which dishes should be charged and which shouldn't).
Anyone know what the latest on this is? Do kids still eat free?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:22 pm

Should I do Waldorf Astoria Maldives or St Regis Maldives?

WA:
Pros: 480k Hilton + 2 FN Certs = 7 Nights. Cheaper Transportation to Resort. Sometime in April or May. Will be able to take Biz class flight.
Cons: Reef might have not recovered. Unknown pricing about service/food costs.

SR:
Pros: Reserved for 240k before category deval. During December. 5 Nights.
Cons: Need to travel in Economy. Losing Platinum status after this year. So probably last time to get Free Breakfast. Super Expensive for Resort Transport.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
Should I do Waldorf Astoria Maldives or St Regis Maldives?

WA:
Pros: 480k Hilton + 2 FN Certs = 7 Nights. Cheaper Transportation to Resort. Sometime in April or May. Will be able to take Biz class flight.
Cons: Reef might have not recovered. Unknown pricing about service/food costs.

SR:
Pros: Reserved for 240k before category deval. During December. 5 Nights.
Cons: Need to travel in Economy. Losing Platinum status after this year. So probably last time to get Free Breakfast. Super Expensive for Resort Transport.
Where are you getting that the resort transportation to/from the WA is cheaper than the StR? StR is $695 roundtrip and WA is $700 roundtrip (yacht transfer is 350 each way).
Old May 1, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Lifetime Titanium), HH Gold, AA Exec Platinum, Avis Presidents
Hello - This question is for people that may have stayed at the St. Regis in prior years, but I just realized that I will be staying at the hotel next month during the Ramadan time period (May 5- June 4, 2019). Can anyone confirm what the experience will be like at some of the restaurants during this period (if different at all)? I've stayed in the Middle East during this period and oftentimes had to sit and eat in a separate walled off room, and wasn't sure what to expect in terms of the experience here - recognizing it is a resort so maybe there will be little impact. Will alcohol still be able to be served during the day? Will food choices be limited? Any guidance would be appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.