Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
Seemed to have moved? Used to be a whale bar
It’s been quite windy this past week so perhaps beach was a one off (less windy than Whale Bar).

Originally Posted by rp88
What exactly happens during this hour? All you can drink happy hour?
A small selection of beer and wine, but it does the trick. Staff was eager to keep it flowing during the hour and it ended with a local Maldivian drumming ritual.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:19 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Pingo3
I've read most of this thread and it seems that Titanium benefits are not very consistent

Which benefits have not been consistent?
Old May 5, 2019, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Which benefits have not been consistent?
I guess now that’s I think about it, it might just be some inconsistency in terms of what one might expect for service. For example, it seems that some butlers are very proactive and offer afternoon tea and such? Or if complimentary fruits are replenished? Nothing too significant I suppose, just gives off a feeling of inconsistency.

I booked this property for my parents back in February and it seems that their Butler wasn’t the best but I read about some amazing butlers here as well.

Hopefully my stay will be better, though I'm somewhat worried about weather.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Upgrade

Do room upgrades need to be for the entire duration?
Or can it be booked half/half, first days on standard & then move to higher category?
Old May 6, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Atlantico
Do room upgrades need to be for the entire duration?
Or can it be booked half/half, first days on standard & then move to higher category?
For paid upgrades, the upgrade must be for the entire stay and it is not refundable.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:43 am

I guess now that’s I think about it, it might just be some inconsistency in terms of what one might expect for service.
Inconsistency in service, indeed many have reported this issue here. However I was puzzled about your comment regarding inconsistency in Titanium benefits, which I do not think is the case.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:59 am

Inconsistency in service, indeed many have reported this issue here. However I was puzzled about your comment regarding inconsistency in Titanium benefits, which I do not think is the case.
Yep, in hindsight, I see how that statement is not accurate.

Also, I read your review and it’s great! Kinda curious how the medical costs were handled?

Old May 6, 2019, 9:17 pm

Also, I read your review and it’s great! Kinda curious how the medical costs were handled?

I am glad my review was useful. The resort paid for everything and they took great care of me, including the in-house doctor. So on the bright side I ended up getting a couple of free speed boat rides to visit a nearby island. I wish it had been for seeing more than just the clinic though LOL
Old May 7, 2019, 11:53 am

I am glad my review was useful. The resort paid for everything and they took great care of me, including the in-house doctor. So on the bright side I ended up getting a couple of free speed boat rides to visit a nearby island. I wish it had been for seeing more than just the clinic though LOL
Wow, that sounds really well handled by them. Glad everything worked out for you in the end!
Old May 8, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott
If I redeemed 5 nights next March for 640k points total for OWV, what are my chances of complimentary upgrade to SOWV or OW suite? Anyone with experience? TIA!
Old May 8, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by scselig1
If I redeemed 5 nights next March for 640k points total for OWV, what are my chances of complimentary upgrade to SOWV or OW suite? Anyone with experience? TIA!
I'm 0/2. Twice redeemed for OWV... neither time upgraded. Once Plat, once Titanium. Lots of people have been upgraded, though.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by ps9a
I'm 0/2. Twice redeemed for OWV... neither time upgraded. Once Plat, once Titanium. Lots of people have been upgraded, though.
Thanks so much. I was wondering what pool/deck would get the most sun since a lot of the pictures I've seen have pools and decks in the shade. The OW Suite looks amazing. Are the astor suites available to book/be upgraded to or are those exclusive and never used?
Old May 8, 2019, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by scselig1
I’m titanium, redeemed for OWV and did not get upgraded.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
All of this info has been very helpful. Not planning on scuba now, but a lot of snorkeling. I'm a big guy and have to bring my own equipment. A lot to carry for the diving being described. But the snorkeling sounds great. Got a new gopro and ready to go.
Old May 12, 2019, 9:57 am

Any favorite dishes from the restaurants? So many options to pick from!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.