Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:49 pm

Some people live for places like MLE; for others, it makes their skin crawl. You're clearly the latter, while--having been 3 times, including at SR MLE--we are firmly in the former. Between the fishing, scuba diving, meals, beauty... and wifi, we found stays of 6-7 days even a bit short.

Maldives being Muslim country has about as much to do with your ability to enjoy yourself as Salt Lake City being a "Mormon city" has to do with the quality of the skiing. Read: not much. Booze is freely available at the resorts.

Oh, you're right, you can't bring your own in, nor can you bring your vintage Playboy set, or your pork rinds. Other than that, open season.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by thexfactor
Some people live for places like MLE; for others, it makes their skin crawl. You're clearly the latter, while--having been 3 times, including at SR MLE--we are firmly in the former. Between the fishing, scuba diving, meals, beauty... and wifi, we found stays of 6-7 days even a bit short.

Maldives being Muslim country has about as much to do with your ability to enjoy yourself as Salt Lake City being a "Mormon city" has to do with the quality of the skiing. Read: not much. Booze is freely available at the resorts.

Oh, you're right, you can't bring your own in, nor can you bring your vintage Playboy set, or your pork rinds. Other than that, open season.
Just curious, which other resorts have you visited and how did they stack up to SR?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
These type of Maldives trips seem like they would be really boring...probably taking satisfaction from the fact that one is at one of the higher-priced resorts out there.

What is there to do aside from the resort when you are staying an an atoll in a muslim country? I ask this, not as some defamatory troll question, but instead as someone who likes to explore the local scene and have a drink now and then. Are the Maldives for me???
When you holiday in the Maldives, you will exclusively stay at the resort (and possibly a stop on the way, boat trips into the blue, etc.). If you don't want to exclusively stay at a resort, you should avoid island resorts in general. The Maldives being "Muslim" isn't a factor - people dress as they like on the resorts (OK, no nudism) and can drink alcohol as they please.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:57 am
kkl

I have just cancelled a 7 night award for mid december OWV. not sure if went back to award pool if anyone wants it
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
These type of Maldives trips seem like they would be really boring...probably taking satisfaction from the fact that one is at one of the higher-priced resorts out there.

What is there to do aside from the resort when you are staying an an atoll in a muslim country? I ask this, not as some defamatory troll question, but instead as someone who likes to explore the local scene and have a drink now and then. Are the Maldives for me???

PS: Or would I be better off going to someplace like Mauritius?
Maldives might not be for you then. We've been once, and are going back later this year but in both cases 5 nights Maldives was at the end of a trip. First time was Thailand/Maldives, this time is Dubai/Maldives. It's a nice way to end a trip, but you are isolated, which is the draw for some.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Quick question.. whenever I look at stays based on points the cancellation policy states that is not not refundable.. is that the case?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by salehir
Quick question.. whenever I look at stays based on points the cancellation policy states that is not not refundable.. is that the case?
You're looking on the app I take it? I spoke to an agent about it yesterday, and it is apparently a glitch. Points bookings have historically always been refundable.

Btw, you won't actually be able to book on the app (unless they've fixed it, but not likely).
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:49 pm

Spoke to someone today, a manager I believe (not a supervisor), and he eluded to the 60k being an old rate that's showing. He wouldn't say if it would ever be bookable at 60k, but I got the impression that it will not.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:32 pm

edit, mis post
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Does anyone know the price of the OWVs on points? View from the Wing posted 170k per night. But when calling in, I'm being told 197.5k per night.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Does anyone know the price of the OWVs on points? View from the Wing posted 170k per night. But when calling in, I'm being told 197.5k per night.
Have you bothered to read any of this thread? I'm not saying you'll get your answer but it will prevent the thread from filling up with the exact same question over and over.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by jmail1
Have you bothered to read any of this thread? I'm not saying you'll get your answer but it will prevent the thread from filling up with the exact same question over and over.
So let me get this straight. You don't know if this question has been asked before and you don't know if it's been answered. But you just decided to proactively admonish me just in case it's been asked and answered before so that the thread doesn't fill up with the exact same question over and over (which, by the way, you don't seem to know if it has been asked over and over)?

Ok, thanks for that. Very helpful.

Nevertheless, to answer your question, yes I have bothered to read some of this thread. I've been fairly regularly following (and contributing) to this thread since the August 18 merger in an attempt to book one of these rooms.
onlysuites and MilesTalk like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Free agent
So let me get this straight. You don't know if this question has been asked before and you don't know if it's been answered. But you just decided to proactively admonish me just in case it's been asked and answered before so that the thread doesn't fill up with the exact same question over and over (which, by the way, you don't seem to know if it has been asked over and over)?

Ok, thanks for that. Very helpful.

Nevertheless, to answer your question, yes I have bothered to read some of this thread. I've been fairly regularly following (and contributing) to this thread since the August 18 merger in an attempt to book one of these rooms.
Yes, I noticed other posts and I also noticed questions with answers that were simply a few posts above the one you asked, like the St. Regis phone number. It was on the same page as your question.

I do know that it has been continuously discussed on the thread regarding the number of points for rooms of various types, if you are actively reading the thread you'll see that no one knows anything at the moment, the hotel and Marriott both are working through exactly what the rate will be, if there will indeed be one at all. Whatever anyone has gotten at this point is not repeatable in any consistent manner.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by jmail1
Yes, I noticed other posts and I also noticed questions with answers that were simply a few posts above the one you asked, like the St. Regis phone number. It was on the same page as your question.

I do know that it has been continuously discussed on the thread regarding the number of points for rooms of various types, if you are actively reading the thread you'll see that no one knows anything at the moment, the hotel and Marriott both are working through exactly what the rate will be, if there will indeed be one at all. Whatever anyone has gotten at this point is not repeatable in any consistent manner.
Could you please direct me to some of the previous posts mentioning being quoted 197.5k per night for the OWV's then? While some people lucked into 85k initially, we all know this was a mistake that's being honored and it's my understanding that the current consensus is that 170k is the price going forward. I've yet to see anyone discussing a higher price than that but maybe I missed it. If it's only a few posts up hopefully you can point it out to me easily so I can read the responses.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Could you please direct me to some of the previous posts mentioning being quoted 197.5k per night for the OWV's then? While some people lucked into 85k initially, we all know this was a mistake that's being honored and it's my understanding that the current consensus is that 170k is the price going forward. I've yet to see anyone discussing a higher price than that but maybe I missed it. If it's only a few posts up hopefully you can point it out to me easily so I can read the responses.
It indeed was 80/85k (weekday/weekend) earlier, perhaps right now it's 170k on weekdays and 197 weekends? Or maybe you were quoted for sunset OVW?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.