Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:49 am

Just booked 5 nights GV in August for 240k points and cancelled a similar reservation at the W. Hoping for good weather.

A few questions,

1. What are my upgrade chances from GV to ovw as a platinum assuming there are open rooms?
2. Has anyone been quoted a cash price to upgrade from GV to OVW after booking with points? Is this possible? I want more certainty in getting an overwater room.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MalaysianJetSetter
For me it's more of whether I would ever pay cash for a room. I am more likely to pay cash for an OWV at the W Maldives compared to the GV at the St Regis. I would also just upgrade myself with cash for maybe the last 2 nights at the St Regis to experience an OWV there.
For me, first time to the Maldives, after a trip to the other side of the globe, I'm wanting something over water. I am not PADI certified, so prefer to snorkel. If I can hop into the lagoon and swim around the island and see some great underwater life at the W, that means something. However, if I had an 85K OWV at the St Regis, it's be a much tougher call. Mentally, I'm struggling with the idea that the W and StR were both 85K, yet the cash price at the StR is vastly higher.

What does the StR do for snorkelers? Take them somewhere outside the island on a boat? Do they charge for this privilege?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:37 am

Looks like StR in-app booking capability is back to being non-functional again. Redirects you to the website, lol.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Looks like StR in-app booking capability is back to being non-functional again. Redirects you to the website, lol.
still works fine for me!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I understand that if you have enough points in the account then the booking will go through in the app else you will face this error.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:17 pm

Is it possible to book without having enough points?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by captainamerica
Is it possible to book without having enough points?
no points advance on SPG properties.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:46 pm

I have just managed to reserve a GV for 5nights on points at the start of March via the Marriott app, the confirmation email came straight through.

I have two cash reservations held for GV’s which I will cancel in a few minutes, so these might come back as available on points. Dates are 6th March -11th March and 29th April - 4th May.

Thank you everyone on this thread for the updates and hopefully the above helps somebody else!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Hi, how long will it take until points from cancelled reservations will be back in my account ? Still several days?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
Hi, how long will it take until points from cancelled reservations will be back in my account ? Still several days?
Instantaneous for me this morning!
tom-schmitt likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Yes I also find out right now, that points return immediately.
I booked 4 single reward nights but didn’t had enough points for the 5th night.
i booked them separate,because at first only the first and the third night were available on points, but than
Grantlfc cancelled his stay from April 29th - May 4th and so all the nights I needed became available.
As callcenter couldn‘t help me, I just tried my luck, cancelled the 4 nights and rebooked the 5 nights with my 240.000 points. So happy now!
The cancelled rewardnights also went back to inventory immediately.
I still have my cash booking from April 29-May 4th that I will cancel soon.
If anyone is interested in these dates you can pm me and we can find a time, when I release them, so you can grab them.
As I am in Germany and it is already 1 am here, I won’t be available the next 8-9 hours.

Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:04 am
Original Member

Wonderful beach oasis at W and Garden villa at the St Regis are the same price via points, but huge cash price difference. Which do you prefer if booking via points?

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:09 am

I did the same thing. W Maldives snorkeling sounds so much better that it is worth it to me.

Originally Posted by keggers1
Am I crazy for changing my St. Regis reservation (85k for over water) for the W fabulous overwater oasis?

Snorkeling is important to me, but also the W rooms seem more private compared to the St. Regis "sunrise" side rooms.

Would anyone else choose the W over the St. Regis for the same number of points??
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by keggers1
Am I crazy for changing my St. Regis reservation (85k for over water) for the W fabulous overwater oasis?

Snorkeling is important to me, but also the W rooms seem more private compared to the St. Regis "sunrise" side rooms.

Would anyone else choose the W over the St. Regis for the same number of points??
I have to admit I wouldn't have given up the 85k OWV rate at St Regis as they are now so much more, it is not a points opportunity that will come again, whereas the W ones seem settled at that so could always visit in the future.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by milehighflyer88
Just booked 5 nights GV in August for 240k points and cancelled a similar reservation at the W. Hoping for good weather.

A few questions,

1. What are my upgrade chances from GV to ovw as a platinum assuming there are open rooms?
2. Has anyone been quoted a cash price to upgrade from GV to OVW after booking with points? Is this possible? I want more certainty in getting an overwater room.

I'm interested in #2 as well. I'll gladly pay for upgrade to guarantee OWV for part of my trip, if the price isn't outrageous,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.