FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:03 pm
sydneyflyer12

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean
A ton of GV award availability has opened up! We’re talking every day through December 19th from today.

I have a 5 night award booking at StR. When I called Plat line a week ago about them honoring 60k points rate but my points advance showing 85k per night, they simply added 100k points to my account to make up for it. They didn’t attach any stipulations on this like this, so now I’m tempted to modify the dates to push the trip back a couple days. Anyone think this is safe or do y’all think IT could actually some sort of linkage to pull points away if I modify/cancel the original reservation? The 100k pts they gave me is simply labeled as a “Points Adjustment”.
They did the same for my points advance reservation but warned that they'd take the points back if I modified or cancelled my reservation. Regarding whether or not they actually would claw the points back, I've seen conflicting DPs with some saying they were able to keep the points but many others saying the points were clawed back.
One thing I would be wary of is that I'm sure at the very least they've put a note about the adjustment on the reservation meaning that if you have to call to modify your reservation, the rep may see the note and initiate a clawback. With things like this I think it's very much YMMV. I personally wouldn't but to each their own.