Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel

A note of caution regarding the Renaissance Downtown Montreal. There is an obscene amount of construction outside the hotel and it is completely out of the control of the hotel. In short, the entire section of St Catherine Street outside the hotel is a hole and they are jackhammering, digging and rebuilding it all day and night. My first night there was loud but bearable to fall asleep (I was on top floor) but my second night, at 12am, they were jackhammering and it felt like the construction was inside the room.

I ended up leaving the hotel at 12am and moving to the Delta. They refunded me the one night charge on the spot and I followed up with GM and Ops Manager and they gave me a further refund of my first night for the inconvenience. I was more perturbed at the hotel for downplaying the entire thing...there was no banner on hotel booking page notifying construction, no sign at checkin desk and when I asked about construction noise at checkin, the agent said there would be no issue.

The one positive is management said they took my feedback and have added the banner to website and have talked to all staff about how to discuss the issues with customers.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Just checked into the W Montreal. Typical W scene (loud bar), given an upgraded room type (nice king bed w view), offered 2 PM checkout. Sipping on a gin and tonic at the bar before dinner. Pretty satisfied so far,
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Re: Delta, Renaissance, W. What's the breakfast situation so I can update the exec lounge sticky? Thx.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:07 pm

Re Delta: Lounge open on weekend AND given a chit for the restaurant. Lounge is nice enough so didn't try the restaurant.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Montreal Airport Marriott-In Terminal Hotel

Stay Report - 4/12 - 4/13

Location: As the name suggests the hotel is located in the terminal. It has two entrances, one above the check in area at the end of the United States flights area and there's another separate area on the upper roadway where a valet is located and Ubers can drop you off but not pick you up.

Hotel: I wasn't expecting too much ended up very impressed with this hotel. The lobby is on the fourth floor two levels up from the terminals and it's large with a bar and restaurant as well as seating areas and a lot of meeting space. There's also a small store. All of the floors the rooms are on look good and are well lit. Everything about this hotel feels new and impressive looking.

Check In: My group was me (Titanium) in a King and my brother (Gold) and our other brother in a room with two beds. Both sets of agents checking us in were friendly and helpful. When I explained how our party worked and offered to pay for a third breakfast the check in agent allowed us all to eat on my free Titanium benefit.

Rooms: Both rooms were really impressive. Large, with comfortable beds, airport views, big bathrooms with nice showers, Wifi that worked well, Smart TVs and sitting areas. Everything about this hotel impressed me including the rooms.

Breakfast: The lounge is closed weekends so we all got a buffet breakfast in the lobby. In addition to the usual scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and oatmeal was French Toast, above average pastries, cold cuts, cheese, fruit and yogurt.

The hotel is expensive but if you need to be at the airport it's well worth it. I was really impressed.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Trying to decide between the W and Renaissance for a 1-night stay this June - both are about the same price.
Any recommendations? Are there noticeable differences between the two with respect to location, breakfast benefit, upgrades?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I'm coming up on the cancelation deadline for my stay at the Delta now. Any thoughts on the Delta vs Sheraton for a week-long trip?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:40 pm

What will you be doing in Montreal? The Sheraton is downtown closer to some shopping. The Delta is a little closer to some events (spectacle) and old Montreal.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rrgg
What will you be doing in Montreal? The Sheraton is downtown closer to some shopping. The Delta is a little closer to some events (spectacle) and old Montreal.
I'll be at a conference at the Palais des Congrès, which is almost equidistant from the two. I suppose I'm looking for the hotel with the best lounge/restaurant breakfast + location for touristy stuff that I do in the off hours. I'm starting to lean towards the Delta since the Sheraton seems to have its top floors under renovation..
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Delete

Last edited by Eagle_traveler; Apr 29, 2019 at 8:45 am Reason: Posted twice
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by aacar
Trying to decide between the W and Renaissance for a 1-night stay this June - both are about the same price.
Any recommendations? Are there noticeable differences between the two with respect to location, breakfast benefit, upgrades?

Renaissance is closer to stores and shopping malls. At this moment, there are a LOT of construction and repairs in that area. It is difficult to walk in that area and a lot of noise. I don’t know if it will be over in June.

W: it’s in a cleaner and more modern area « Quartier International » and it’s near the old Montreal.

For the location I would pick the W.

Elite benefits... can’t really compare... I now live in Montreal and the last time I stayed at the W it was years ago. I was only Gold and always got upgrades (Fantastic suites, wow suites and e-wow suites). Never stayed at the Renaissance.

I tried Nom Nom (the restaurant at the W): IMHO the decor is ugly with uncomfortable chairs.. The food was ok. The service was good.

I had breakfast at the Renaissance: food was good, service good, decor good.

I didn’t try the bar at the W since they changed it.

I went a couple of times at the terrace at the Renaissance: very nice, good service, nice food, nice ambiance, not too crowded.

I saw the renovated rooms at the W: feels a bit cheap and not luxurious with gold coloured plastic couches.

The rooms at the Renaissance are nicer.

For the rooms and restaurants I would pick the Renaissance .

On Friday I walked in front of the W and it seems they are renovating the entrance, but I would assume that this would be over in June.
aacar likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Chateua Champlain renovations?

First trip to Montreal for us, mid-August, Leaning towards Chataea Champlain for easy access to Metro and downtown/Old Montreal. Prefer quiet room--are they renovating from the top down? Upgrade/benefits for Plat?
Appreciate any help. Merci beaucoup.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:08 am

Never been to Montreal. I narrowed down to 2 properties. Residence Inn Montreal Downtown or Fairfield by Marriott Montreal Downtown for a weekend trip in July?
Old May 7, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by seks
Never been to Montreal. I narrowed down to 2 properties. Residence Inn Montreal Downtown or Fairfield by Marriott Montreal Downtown for a weekend trip in July?
The Fairfield will be a better spot for nightlife (being a block away from St-Catherine) and is close to the Old Port. The Residence Inn has better public transit if you don't have a car. I haven't stayed at either hotel.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CleverJesse
The Fairfield will be a better spot for nightlife (being a block away from St-Catherine) and is close to the Old Port. The Residence Inn has better public transit if you don't have a car. I haven't stayed at either hotel.
I stayed at the Residence Inn in 2015. The room was large and having the kitchen was a nice feature. The location was really good as a base of operations for touring the city as it was right by the Metro and you can walk to Mt. Royal and the neighborhood itself is very pleasant. The drawbacks are common for a large urban property as the morning means long waits for the elevator and breakfast was so crowded I ended up going to Tim Horton's my second day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.