Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 1999, 6:12 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

I will be staying at this hotel in Montreal this weekend Nov.20-21st.

Any good things to say about this property?

[This message has been edited by Flyaway (edited 11-16-1999).]
Old Nov 16, 1999, 7:05 pm
Original Member

It's been some time since I stayed there, but it was very nice. Used to be a Canadian Pacific property. There's a subway station very close by and a lovely park across from it. The Underground City is easily accessible from the hotel.
Old Nov 16, 1999, 9:17 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes. It's just fine as BB said. I stay here once or twice each year. Minutes from Molson Centre by under- or over-ground! Go Habs go- unless the Rangers are in town. Most of the staff has been there for nearly twenty years. Food is pretty decent (Real Fortin runs the restaurant very well). So is the pool and jacuzzi.

As the economy has improved it has gotten far more crowded and the Executive Floor has opened on weekends just for breakfast in most cases this last year since it got so crowded downstairs. In general, I like this place.
Old Nov 17, 1999, 5:30 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The Chateau Champlain is a nice property and I have stayed there a few times. You get very nice views from the upper floors and the location is fine.

There is an entrance to the subway system in the basement (no need to go out in bad weather) and the Montreal tourism bureau is directly across the park in front of the hotel.

If you want to go for a bit more luxury, try the Ritz-Carlton. You can stay there for <$100 US on the weekends and with Platinum Amex they always upgraded me to a corner suite.
Old Nov 17, 1999, 5:41 am
doc

I'm not sure if the Ritz-Carlton Montreal is still participating in the Plat FHR program- I think this arrangement was actually discontinued last year. Also, I like the RC but if I recall it does not have a pool but I may be confused. It's on Sherbrooke accross from McGill Univ next to the Ralph Lauren store right?
Old Nov 17, 1999, 4:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I would stay at the RC except I am going for those Marriott Rewards pts.

You are correct Doc. The RC is on Sherbrooke just next to the Ralph Lauren store.
Old Nov 20, 1999, 2:26 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Well here I am at the Chateau Champlain. Nice hotel. I am on the concierge floor on the 29th level...great view!

This will be my hotel of choice in Montreal until Marriott allows earning points at the Ritz Carlton.
Old Jan 1, 2000, 4:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

doc: According to the December 1999 Preview newsletter, the R-C Montreal is on the FHR.
Old Jul 27, 2000, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Chateau Champlain Concierge Lounge: Wow

My vote for the nicest Marriott Concierge lounge is the Chateau Champlain in downtown Montreal. Beautiful view - very large - big screen TV - great pastries at night - massive bowl full of huge local raspberries included in otherwise normal concierge breakfast.
Old Jul 27, 2000, 5:34 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I have been to the Chateau Champlain and did not think that the food in the lounge was that great.
Old Jul 27, 2000, 8:27 pm
doc

"very large"?

You are going to love the Sheraton le Centre Lounge!

I agree with Flyaway. It's a nice place but not that special, IMHO.
Old Jul 28, 2000, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Chateau Champlain's lounge is very nice, but it's not the very best. Those are in Asia, IMO.

Bruce
Old Jul 29, 2000, 4:50 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Vulcan, if you read this post...tell Sondra about the massive bowl of huge local raspberries, and if I would have known about it, I would have shared mine.

Linda
Old Aug 5, 2000, 1:41 pm

Yes, the lounge is very nice, as are the rooms. And I love the 'hidden' passage to the subway. But it is very hard to get through the lobby with one's eyes closed. Oh the hideous furnishings down there! Like Gimbel's furniture department in 1969. Head for the elevator and do not dawdle. Btw, we were at first given a rather ordinary room with a queen bed. We asked for a king and got a king room with a spectacular view of Mt. Royal. It never hurts to ask.
Paul
Old Aug 6, 2000, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Interesting about that secret subway entrance. It's easy to find FROM the hotel, but almost impossible TO the hotel (from the subway). I've tried to figure it out many times, and I keep missing it somehow.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.