Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by googs185
As a Platinum, you'd recommend the Residence Inn downtown? I was also looking at the Westin-you'd recommend the Residence Inn over the Westin? We usually stay in Airbnb's to be closer to St. Laurent area but we decided to try a downtown hotel experience for a change.
Can't speak to location but completed a 3-night stay at the Westin in spring. Thanked me for being a Marriott Gold, handed me a key, and when I went up to my room, I found I had been upgraded to a suite! Was not expecting this as a Gold and am thinking maybe it was because it was due to occupancy levels (it was a conference hotel).
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:32 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
You should also consider the Delta which treats elites very well, has a lounge and gives a full hot breakfast.

Location wise it really depends what you're after but Westin, RI Downtown and Delta are all well located - though the Westin is pretty much half way between downtown and old town but arguably the property with the best rooms and breakfast.
volabam likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GVA
You should also consider the Delta which treats elites very well, has a lounge and gives a full hot breakfast.

Location wise it really depends what you're after but Westin, RI Downtown and Delta are all well located - though the Westin is pretty much half way between downtown and old town but arguably the property with the best rooms and breakfast.
IME

Room wise Westin/W/Renaissance are the better ones. Never stayed at the JW or Marriott. Did stay at Delta/Sheraton/Le Meridien/Ren Westmount/Courtyard.

Westin buffet is above average for buffet (US standards). Delta buffet is below average. I would put Le Meridien buffet a bit above Delta. Renaissance is a la carte. Sheraton is club lounge.

The Westin suite is the rebranded “premium” room with sofa room. When available, W will proactively upgrade to a pretty big suites.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 3:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by seawolf
IME

Room wise Westin/W/Renaissance are the better ones. Never stayed at the JW or Marriott. Did stay at Delta/Sheraton/Le Meridien/Ren Westmount/Courtyard.

Westin buffet is above average for buffet (US standards). Delta buffet is below average. I would put Le Meridien buffet a bit above Delta. Renaissance is a la carte. Sheraton is club lounge.

The Westin suite is the rebranded “premium” room with sofa room. When available, W will proactively upgrade to a pretty big suites.
There is no JW in Mtl or am I missing something?

If LM breakfast is better than Delta, then Delta must be crap because LM breakfast is sad!
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by escape4

If LM breakfast is better than Delta, then Delta must be crap because LM breakfast is sad!
No JW that I'm aware of, and the Delta breakfast is fine if you're looking for traditional North American fare cooked well. It's not fancy or Euro-trendy however.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:46 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by escape4

Sorry I meant RC. Not JW.

I think food wise both LM and Delta are ok as long as it is complementary; definitely would not pay for either. I do like coffee a bit more at LM. But the restaurant at Delta is outdated for sure compared to LM.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:30 pm

I’ve got a 4 night stay first 2nd week of March for business.

Most important to me is Modern clean and relatively quiet rooms! im a light sleeper so don’t like really noisy old fashioned HVAC systems -

leaning towards Sheraton centre, Renaissance, or courtyard but open to other suggestions
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by WGretzky

Most important to me is Modern clean and relatively quiet rooms! im a light sleeper so don’t like really noisy old fashioned HVAC systems -

leaning towards Sheraton centre, Renaissance, or courtyard but open to other suggestions
I enjoyed Le Westin - recently got upgraded to a nice, big, modern, clean and quiet corner room (with no view) for my 4 night BRG $99/ night stay and I liked the Vieux Montreal location a lot.

No lounge but they give you 2 vouchers per night for use at the bar, redeemable for beer, wine and selected hot/ cold foods for use anytime during your stay (you can use all 8 vouchers at the same time).

Breakfast was full buffet at their restaurant in addition to points - selection and quality were above North American standard with average Starbucks coffee.

Parking was valet at $33 tax inclusive per night with unlimited in out, which while pricey and can add up if you tip each time you get your car, wasn't too bad compared to what was available nearby (mostly $24-29 per night with no in out). It was also snowing a lot while I was there so I prioritized convenience over value.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:13 am
Original Member

If quiet HVAC is a priority, then go to Delta. They replaced in-room HVAC about 2 years go. It's now completely silent even when operating..
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
If quiet HVAC is a priority, then go to Delta. They replaced in-room HVAC about 2 years go. It's now completely silent even when operating..
thanks - were the rooms renovated as well?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:20 pm
Original Member

thanks - were the rooms renovated as well?
yes they are. Pictures accurate on Marriott website.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I am using rate code LPR for RENAISSANCE MONTREAL DOWNTOWN HOTEL and it says "Travel Zoo" rate. Any idea what that is?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Membership program: https://www.travelzoo.com/
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Membership program: https://www.travelzoo.com/
So, will it be an issue if I book directly through Marriot at that rate?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:44 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by kumarshah
So, will it be an issue if I book directly through Marriot at that rate?
Travelzoo is not really a membership. It's like a groupon. Their may be be a voucher/travelzoo confirmation involved that front desk may ask for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.