Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doors Closing
Our first time in Montreal; still debating the Delta/RI and the one that I see no reference to above: Marriot Courtyard...How is the latter as an option, and in comparisons to the 2 earlier options?
In regards to which criteria? I've stayed at Delta, Courtyard, Le Meridien, Westin, W, Sheraton, Renaissance, and RI Westmount.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
In regards to which criteria? I've stayed at Delta, Courtyard, Le Meridien, Westin, W, Sheraton, Renaissance, and RI Westmount.
Mainly location, overall service and "feel" of each hotel. Looking at CY, DH and RI as possibilities.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:29 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Doors Closing
Mainly location, overall service and "feel" of each hotel. Looking at CY, DH and RI as possibilities.
Really depends on what your plans are.

Which RI? The one on Peel or Westmount? Peel would be more central location. RI Westmount is in a more residential neighborhood but is walking distance to Atwater station. Like other Residence Inn, it's more marketed more towards extended stay. Westmount did proactively upgrade Platinum.

CY is near Chinatown and walkable to Old Port. Platinum get a F&B credit. It's "newer" of the three here.

Don't know what the lounge status at DH is. Elite Breakfast was also available at restaurant but it's a pretty weak offering. I often times skipped the free breakfast as it was that bad. Delta did renovated a couple of years ago.

I don't think any of these and other Marriott/SPG locations are out of the way. It's either walkable on a nice day or have access to subway.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
What are the chances of getting to use SNA's at W and Humaniti? Currently, I have a couple SNA's left and would like to use them before they expire this year. I'm not sure which of the two hotels to book. I'd book the hotel that has a higher chance of getting SNA.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:28 am
Original Member

FWIW Pre COVID, W was proactively upgrading elite at check-in even without SNA. Been upgraded to Fantastic Suite and WOW Suite and everything in between from base rooms based on availability.

Haven't seen any reports on Humaniti as it is a brand new hotel.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I've stayed at the W Montreal many times...but not since COVID (so I do not what they are doing currently). I have been upgraded to WOW suites multiple times using SNAs. Previously, the Extreme WOW suites were not part of the upgrade pool for SNAs. Of course, that could have changed since COVID. The WOW and Extreme WOW suites are nice as they have outdoor balconies. This is a nice feature when the weather is good. Despite the name, I don't consider the Fantastic Suite to be an actual suite. Nothing about it feels like a suite... It's just a larger room.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Stayed at Sheraton Laval last week. I'm only gold but got upgraded to King suite. The hotel is a bit away from city centre, but for us was no problem as we were passing by for one night. There is construction/renovation in and around the hotel, which may be why it's only 20k for redemption.

We did make use of the pool the morning before we check out. There is sauna (didn't try, didn't know if it actually worked). We used the steam room and hot tub, both good. The hotel did check we were fully vaccinated, which is good. There were nobody else who used the pool.

For parking, we had to use the parking lot of the mall beside. It was fine as it's only a short walk, and we could see the parking lot from our room. The mall next door is huge.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
Originally Posted by loun80
What are the chances of getting to use SNA's at W and Humaniti? Currently, I have a couple SNA's left and would like to use them before they expire this year. I'm not sure which of the two hotels to book. I'd book the hotel that has a higher chance of getting SNA.
Not sure how helpful this is, but I got an 3 night SNA upgrade at Humaniti back in July. It was approved immediately.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:25 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by willryu
Not sure how helpful this is, but I got an 3 night SNA upgrade at Humaniti back in July. It was approved immediately.
upgraded to which room category?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:31 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I stayed at Humaniti this summer and was upgraded as Titanium to a suite at checkin. The breakfast is a la carts in restaurant. You pay extra for the more expensive menu options though.

I quite liked the location for a change. Still downtown, in a brand new complex with super market options nearby. The hotel is part of a condominium complex.
seawolf likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
upgraded to which room category?
Lowest room category to the Haiku suite (2nd highest suite I think).
seawolf and reggiekush like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
How do you pronounce Humaniti? Is it Humanity? Or Humaneetee?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by loun80
How do you pronounce Humaniti? Is it Humanity? Or Humaneetee?
Call them and see hear what they say! (Probably needs a French accent too.)
seawolf and reggiekush like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, JB, AF, BA, QF, JL, CX
Montreal: Sheraton vs Delta

For platinum elites, who have stayed at both: what are your experiences regarding suite upgrades, lounge access, breakfast on weekends and parking? Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:21 pm

How's the elite recognition at The Renaissance in terms of upgrades/ breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.