Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:06 pm

Stayed recently at the Marriott Chateau Champlain.
Checkin took a few minutes as the assigned room was not ready yet. (it was 4 PM !)
Got another equivalent room with city view.

At concierge counters (in the lounge and in the lobby) they were really friendly and helpful.

The hotel has an elevator (located behind the concierge counter in the lobby) down to the metro. Day ticket: 10 CAD ; 3-days ticket 18 CAD

Lounge: 6 AM to 10 PM (closes on Friday 12 PM and re-openes on Sunday evening)
Breakfast in Lounge: 6.30 AM to 10 AM
Coffee machine; juices (orange, cranberry,..); milk; cereals; jam; peanut butter; fruits; hard boiled eggs; cheese; ham,… (every day the same)

Dinner in Lounge: 05.30 PM to 07.30 PM
Varies from day to days (2 choices) like pizza; chicken curry; ...

Desserts in Lounge: 07.30 PM to 22 PM
fruit platter; cookies

Breakfast in restaurant, when lounge is closed:
Only the cold stuff and juices/coffee. If you want hot stuff and waffles, you must pay an upgrade of 7 CAD.

little walk to Dorchester Square (where the Hop on Hop off buses start; 39 CAD for 2 days) and Sainte-Catherine street
2 metro stations to Old Montréal

Fitness room / pool : not used
Restaurant / bar : not used (there are enough restaurants everywhere in Montreal)

Taxi from/to airport is 40 CAD flat rate.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:16 pm

Thanks for the update on the property! I'll also update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Premier, Emerald Club, United
I've also stayed at the Marriott Chateau Champlain recently for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs and it was great.

Room:
Spacious room, I had a great view of the river (perks of traveling with a Platinum member). Upon inspection of the bathroom, I found a couple of curlies that didn't belong to me. Kind of grossed me out - I guess the cleaning had not done the best job.

The location is perfect; elevator right to the subway, walking distance to the pubs, across the street from the arena. It was great. I walked 3 miles one day because of how easy the access is to places I wanted to go.

I would highly recommend staying there if you're heading to Montreal.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:05 pm

Was registering a friend for the next mega-bonus & noticed this under elite promos for the Springhill Suites Old Montreal.

"Have a drink at the Auberge St-Gabriel, the oldest restaurant in North America. Plus, earn 1,000 extra points per night at the SpringHill Suites Old Montreal.

From July 14 - October 6, 2014, stay any night and our offer includes:

- Accommodation in standard or deluxe suite
- Complete buffet breakfast
- Complimentary WiFi
- 1,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points per night (maximum of 5,000 bonus points per stay)
- One welcoming cocktail per person at the Auberge St-Gabriel Restaurant, built in 1688 and one of the trendiest places in town! The Auberge is accessible through the hotel lobby.

Room reservation is based on availability. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-877-875-4333 from within the US, or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: October 6, 2014
Promotional Code: E0S

Terms & Conditions:
Maximum 2 cocktails. Maximum 5,000 bonus points awarded for stays of 5+ nights. Guest must book reservation using promotional code listed above in order to receive bonus points. Back to back stays are considered one (1) stay. Offer applies to one regular room per stay, per member on dates listed. A "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights spent with Marriott by a registered Marriott Rewards member. Offer not available during special events; tax is additional; special offers cannot be combined; blackout dates may exist; advance reservations are required. Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion."
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I am presently at the Montreal Downtown CY on the second day of a three night stay. (Unusually long for me.) If anyone has anything that they want me to check out while here, please let me know.

First impression: Great hotel. I like the FS location a little better, but other than that, this hotel is my new favorite in Montreal. It's on the first eleven floors of a building with many residential floors above. Despite being a CY, there is no Bistro!!! There is a nice steakhouse that serves all three meals every day. There are bellman who are friendly and helpful. Lots of them. Like a hotel back in the sixties. The staff is awesome. The pool and fitness center are on the 11th floor. The fitness center is large and has floor to ceiling windows with a panoramic view. The pool is small and includes an outdoor balcony with a half dozen or so deck chairs. Old Town is within walking distance. My room is spacious, with a king bed, sofa and good size bathroom, although I think my room is larger than most. Everything is clean and in perfect order. The bed is very comfortable.

This may be my new favorite CY in North America, in part because there is no Bistro. Tim Horton's is just a couple blocks away, with the beautiful St. Patrick Basilica between here and there. It's extraordinarily beautiful and moving. There is a supermarket on the next block. Why pay Marketplace rates for water when a quick trip yields a six-pack at a lower price?

If anyone has any questions, please post within the next day and I'll do my best to answer.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:54 am

Thanks for the trip report! Much appreciated. Sounds like a good property.

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I am presently at the Montreal Downtown CY on the second day of a three night stay. (Unusually long for me.) If anyone has anything that they want me to check out while here, please let me know.

First impression: Great hotel. I like the FS location a little better, but other than that, this hotel is my new favorite in Montreal. It's on the first eleven floors of a building with many residential floors above. Despite being a CY, there is no Bistro!!! There is a nice steakhouse that serves all three meals every day. There are bellman who are friendly and helpful. Lots of them. Like a hotel back in the sixties. The staff is awesome. The pool and fitness center are on the 11th floor. The fitness center is large and has floor to ceiling windows with a panoramic view. The pool is small and includes an outdoor balcony with a half dozen or so deck chairs. Old Town is within walking distance. My room is spacious, with a king bed, sofa and good size bathroom, although I think my room is larger than most. Everything is clean and in perfect order. The bed is very comfortable.

This may be my new favorite CY in North America, in part because there is no Bistro. Tim Horton's is just a couple blocks away, with the beautiful St. Patrick Basilica between here and there. It's extraordinarily beautiful and moving. There is a supermarket on the next block. Why pay Marketplace rates for water when a quick trip yields a six-pack at a lower price?

If anyone has any questions, please post within the next day and I'll do my best to answer.
Thanks for the report, sounds excellent. It's funny about the Bistro - the CY YUL that I stay at quite often doesn't have one either, they also have a full-service restaurant. I would say it was a Canadian thing, but the one Bistro I've actually been to was a CY in Ottawa, so maybe a Quebec thing...

One question: is there any underground tunnel to Complexe Desjardins/other buildings? Important for a winter visit...
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Twickenham
Thanks for the report, sounds excellent. It's funny about the Bistro - the CY YUL that I stay at quite often doesn't have one either, they also have a full-service restaurant. I would say it was a Canadian thing, but the one Bistro I've actually been to was a CY in Ottawa, so maybe a Quebec thing...

One question: is there any underground tunnel to Complexe Desjardins/other buildings? Important for a winter visit...
No. But the CDJ is only 1 1/2 blocks away as is Chinatown and its dim sum parlors so who cares if C/Ys don't provide free breakfast!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Twickenham

There is no tunnel to any other buildings from the CY. Full disclosure, I've only stayed in the summer months so I have no winter experience. The area around the hotel is a mainly commercial area so it's relatively quiet at night unless you get a room facing Rene-Levesque. It is very centrally located so you can walk to Old town, St Dennis, St Laurent and Crescent street for all the fun to be had there.

If my client asks me to come back in the winter, I may be reluctant to agree.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: United-Gold, Marriott-Plat, Hertz Gold 5 Star
Originally Posted by CJKatl

I stayed there this summer for my family vacation. Agreed, it's a great hotel, and the staff were wonderful. The only issues I had were the noise. I was on one of the rooms on the corner of the hotel (if you are facing Rene Levesque, it would be all the way on the right). There is a club next to the hotel that keeps the bass pumping until 3:00 AM on Fri & Sat nights. Made it a little hard for us (me, my wife, and young son) to sleep. After the club closed, all the revelers staggered out onto the street and were pretty noisy.

Being a well known party city, the guests can be noisy too. The hotel has a sign it puts up on the weekends warning guests about being excessively noisy. It states they will only get 1 warning, and then the hotel reserves the right to kick them out/get police involved. The people next to us were being excessively loud one night, so I complained to the front desk. Within 5 minutes, hotel staff had knocked on the door and told them to quiet down. Luckily, this seemed to do the trick and things quieted down.

All in all, a great hotel, but just know that on Thu-Sat, things can get pretty loud there.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by KingHippo
I was on one of the rooms on the corner of the hotel (if you are facing Rene Levesque, it would be all the way on the right).
Between us, we may have just figured out a great tip for anyone staying at this hotel. My room was very quiet, but it was geographically the opposite of yours. Mine was on the top floor (that is devoted to the hotel) facing in the opposite direction and in the middle of the hotel. The building is "U" shaped. Your noisy room was at the bottom left side of the "U" facing the busy street, while mine was in the middle interior, facing the motor court, a courtyard, some low-rise residential buildings and, in the distance, Old Montreal. (Looking out the window was almost as if being at Celine Dion's wedding. Well, you could see Notre Dame's spire.) Mine was also a larger room than most in the hotel. Apparently, people should ask for rooms facing the back of the hotel.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:39 am
Suspended

Marriott strikes again!

Without any notice, whatsoever, and way before the annual hotel re-categorization some time in March (?), they have re-classified the Courtyard Montreal as a Category 6 property.

Can't say I didn't see this coming, but I thought they would at least give prior notice of such change.

Luckily, as I wished to go again during the annual JazzFest in early July which is a period of high occupancy, I pre-blocked my rooms already at the old point redemption -- which means I will still be able to use my Megabonus certs at this hotel.

Word to the wise, if there is a specific property you wish to book and you have enough points to do so, then do it!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:44 am

I've noticed on category changes inbtwn the March/April annual changes, they're always done quietly/no notice. One day it could be a Cat 4; the next it's a Cat 5 (or in your case 5 to 6). So do agree on trips that FTers know they're going to take it's better to book in advance.

Cheers.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Just stumbled upon this article (in French) about the conversion of an empty office building (at the corner of University and Cathcart) into a Renaissance hotel. Hoping to have it opened by February 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.