Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Smile

Originally Posted by seawolf
Humaniti hands down for room decor/breakfast followed by Ren and W. Honeyrose is new so no reports; you want to be the first to report back?
Thanks for the recos, seawolf !

Y'know, just by looking at the pictures, if it were just me traveling, I would have definitely tried out the Honeyrose, but, since it is my wife's birthday and I want all / most of the points that I had mentioned above (most important being a Suite, location and breakfast), I do not want to take any chances!!
Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Humaniti hands down for room decor/breakfast followed by Ren and W. Honeyrose is new so no reports; you want to be the first to report back?
stayed at Honeyrose about 5 weeks ago. SNA cleared but no notification of it. Was able to check in when I arrived on a Sunday at 11 am for 2 night stay. High floor, corner suite with bathtub. Did not have a car. No issues with 4pm late check out which was proactively offered (titanium).
wad able to get in at convenient meal times for the on site dining options. I have no complaints on the food quality or staff.
I knew they were a new hotel so I give much more grace, plus the service staff were all fantastic, so no real issues.
Room was quiet and relaxing. No sound concerns from inside or outside.
Pool and gym were well above my minimum expectations, and very quiet.
Very walkable location.
It was a last minute booking and though I’ve wanted to visit Humaniti since it opened the pricing was higher than I wanted to pay so Honeyrose was an unexpected treat. After staying once I’ll be hard pressed to choose the Ritz or Humaniti on a future visit.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Clcr
stayed at Honeyrose about 5 weeks ago. SNA cleared but no notification of it. Was able to check in when I arrived on a Sunday at 11 am for 2 night stay. High floor, corner suite with bathtub. Did not have a car. No issues with 4pm late check out which was proactively offered (titanium).
wad able to get in at convenient meal times for the on site dining options. I have no complaints on the food quality or staff.
I knew they were a new hotel so I give much more grace, plus the service staff were all fantastic, so no real issues.
Very walkable location.
It was a last minute booking and though I’ve wanted to visit Humaniti since it opened the pricing was higher than I wanted to pay so Honeyrose was an unexpected treat. After staying once I’ll be hard pressed to choose the Ritz or Humaniti on a future visit.
What was the elite breakfast offering at the Honeyrose?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Stayed back in May for a 4-night stay with wife. Paid for normal (Haiku maybe?) room at Humaniti and got SNA to clear for the really nice suite (I forget the name but it had well-sized living room area). One of my best stays. Room was really nice, modern, and comfortable. Breakfast in restaurant was excellent. It was our first time in Montreal so I cannot vouch for how good or bad its location was, but it was very close to Old Montreal (a few blocks), which was good for a few hours exploring. Even better, it was a few blocks to Chinatown, which was excellent. And, getting around Montreal via subway and bus is really easy and fast. Can pretty quickly reach all the great restaurants and varied cuisines throughout the city. We loved our stay at the Humaniti.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 7:47 pm

Very walkable location.
Thanks so much Clcr ! This helps a lot, especially the fact that we will probably arrive around the time you checked in (so early check in is appreciated) and definitely would be requesting a late check out.
  • Location: You did mention a walkable location - however, is the location Central enough to walk to most / all Montreal sightseeing has to offer?
  • How good / bad was the breakfast? A-la carte or buffet? Was it a credit off of a restaurant menu / special menu?
  • Is there a club lounge?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2023, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by dcchi
Stayed back in May for a 4-night stay with wife. Paid for normal (Haiku maybe?) room at Humaniti and got SNA to clear for the really nice suite (I forget the name but it had well-sized living room area). One of my best stays. Room was really nice, modern, and comfortable. Breakfast in restaurant was excellent. It was our first time in Montreal so I cannot vouch for how good or bad its location was, but it was very close to Old Montreal (a few blocks), which was good for a few hours exploring. Even better, it was a few blocks to Chinatown, which was excellent. And, getting around Montreal via subway and bus is really easy and fast. Can pretty quickly reach all the great restaurants and varied cuisines throughout the city. We loved our stay at the Humaniti.
Thanks dcchi , for the great info! This actually helps a lot in narrowing down my choices. Quick question, did you take advantage of early check-in / late check-out?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:30 pm

seawolf AvidFlyer1990
I’m pretty sure it was $30. Usable at the ground level restaurant or the cafe, no limitation on the menu options, and yes an offset credit if you go over. The amount was more than enough for a filling full breakfast and caffeine beverage. I was always satisfied and had no balance due.
No lounge but decent nooks to work in during the day. The area between check in & restaurant is set up like a coffee shop. I worked in the outdoor space next to the pool, others worked in the restaurant.
I find MTL a very walkable city when it isn’t the winter time. You are about 2 blocks away from Humaniti & the McGill area. It is about a half hour walk to Mount Royal and a little over a half hour to the clock tower on the water, so probably central enough for your adventures.
seawolf and AvidFlyer1990 like this.

Last edited by Clcr; Aug 7, 2023 at 10:11 pm
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
We did not require early checkin or late checkout so did not request.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 10:05 am
Original Member

seawolf AvidFlyer1990
I’m pretty sure it was $30. Usable at the ground level restaurant or the cafe, no limitation on the menu options, and yes an offset credit if you go over. The amount was more than enough for a filling full breakfast and caffeine beverage. I was always satisfied and had no balance due.
No lounge but decent nooks to work in during the day. The area between check in & restaurant is set up like a coffee shop. I worked in the outdoor space next to the pool, others worked in the restaurant.
I find MTL a very walkable city when it isn’t the winter time. You are about 2 blocks away from Humaniti & the McGill area. It is about a half hour walk to Mount Royal and a little over a half hour to the clock tower on the water, so probably central enough for your adventures.
Yes Montreal is very pleasant in spring and fall right after the summer crowds thin out. It's walkable and subway is readily available as well as Uber.
AvidFlyer1990 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 7:44 pm
Original Member

Courtyard Midtown
  • New construction
  • Fast internet (300mpbs)
  • FD insist F&B credit can only be used at marketplace on two items instead of $10USD.
  • Sink is awfully small - the footprint is similar to letter size paper. Makes no sense why the sink is so small.
  • Awful shower design with these new courtyards. Half shower glass wall but no door. Water gets into the floor.
  • Street parking available where no parking for 2 hours mid-day once a week.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:47 pm

Old Town Montreal

Looking Marriott property recommendations for this coming weekend. Will be a weekend getaway with my wife and will want to walk around Old Town. Seeing as it is winter I am guessing someplace in there or close would be best since it will be cold out. I am Platinum and do have suite upgrade certs. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 5, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by bartman9
Looking Marriott property recommendations for this coming weekend. Will be a weekend getaway with my wife and will want to walk around Old Town. Seeing as it is winter I am guessing someplace in there or close would be best since it will be cold out. I am Platinum and do have suite upgrade certs. Any suggestions?
The closest MB hotels to Old Town are Le Westin (no suites), W (has suites), and Humaniti (has suites). Le Westin is traditional, Humaniti is very modern, and W was modern in 2007 - personally, I like the W the best.
seawolf, yyzflyer and bartman9 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:39 pm
Original Member

I concur with post above. I personally prefer Humaniti more (newer rooms, Boulangerie Ange and Avril supermarket downstairs, Van Houtte across in convention center).

But it's hard to go wrong with any of these three location wise as they are within 2 blocks of each other.

On the other hand, if there is snow on sidewalk (Montreal don't really shovel as diligently as NYC), W has direct access to Underground if not taking a Uber/taxi.

Originally Posted by bartman9
It's relatively warm this coming weekend.

Wed/Thurs/Fri is under 20F but Sat is 34 and Sun 41.

Last edited by seawolf; Dec 5, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:08 am

We ended off staying at the Humaniti and loved it! The free breakfast (Platinum) was great and we even had dinner at the restaurant one evening and that was fabulous too. Didn't get an upgrade, but they were pretty full. Only downside was all the extra fees we got for the in-room bar we did not use. But, I will be calling them this morning and will get that resolved. Will definitely be staying there again.
seawolf and King Chung Huang like this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Anyone know if any of the Marriott properties near downtown have rooms with soaker tubs, like how the Delta Hotels Toronto has soaker tubs with a view?

I've only stayed at the Humaniti and Delta Hotels Montreal recently, and don't think either even has a bathtub in the rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.