Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Montreal executive lounge

Is there a Montreal Marriott property that has an executive lounge which is currently open?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:28 pm

I'm using a 35k cert this June and, based on the reviews, it sounds like the Le Centre is the best choice downtown.

Booking into the base 35k room as a Plat, what's the likelihood of getting an upgrade to the club level on a saturday?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by flayum
I'm using a 35k cert this June and, based on the reviews, it sounds like the Le Centre is the best choice downtown.

Booking into the base 35k room as a Plat, what's the likelihood of getting an upgrade to the club level on a saturday?
I have always been given club access as Titanium and previously as Plat, unless the club is closed as it sometimes is on weekends in summer and holiday periods. Getting an actual room on the club floor can be hit-or-miss, although there's not much difference other than location - the lounge is the perquisite here. All experience is pre-pandemic however and Canadian hotels have not been quick to restore member benefits.
seawolf and flayum like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flayum

My guess is the Chateau Champlain would have more personality than the Sheraton. Reviews say the rooms are renovated but kind of small. It seems they are about the same point-wise?

They are in the same area. The Sheraton is a little closer to Ste. Catherine and the Marriott is a little closer to Old Montreal. If you take the Metro, the Chateau Champlain is connected to the Metro and the rest of the Underground. However, you don't need to walk in the underground in June.

I am guessing the Sheraton is a bigger hotel so the chances of an upgrade would be higher?
flayum likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
The only "personality" left at the Chateau Champlain are its unique windows. The rooms are small and average, upgrades are hard to come by and the service was in decline long before the pandemic. Don't take my word for it - read the reviews. With so many good to very good hotels in the Bonvoy Montreal portfolio within walking distance, I'm surprised it still retains any of its past cachet.
flyme2 and flayum like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: Accor Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
The lounge at the Sheraton just got renovated and will open up May 2nd.

yyzflyer, yule_boy and flayum like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by mbutler
The lounge at the Sheraton just got renovated and will open up May 2nd.
Awesome! I think that seals the deal on the Sheraton then. Thanks for the advice everyone! If useful, I can try to provide a trip DP when I go in June.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:25 am

Le Centre Sheraton has always had the best Marriott/Starwood Executive Lounge in Montréal. The Delta, airport Marriott and Sheraton are weaker, IMHO. AIR, the Renaissance rooftop bar, however, is always lively and very popular with the afterwork 5 à 7 crowd, especially on Thursdays. Not to be sexist, but the female bartenders/servers tend to be quite fetching.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:24 pm

Any recent recent stay with W? I am curious about the breakfast offering as a plat/titanium. How does W compared to other properties?
Old May 17, 2022, 12:13 am

Any thoughts on best hotels to redeem a 50K certificate at? I'm looking at the W, the Renaissance, and the Humaniti but open to others as well. I'm Plat.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyintheback
Any thoughts on best hotels to redeem a 50K certificate at? I'm looking at the W, the Renaissance, and the Humaniti but open to others as well. I'm Plat.
How do you define best? Oldest of the 3 is W while newest is Humaniti.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
How do you define best? Oldest of the 3 is W while newest is Humaniti.
Does the W feel dated or still quite nice?

I guess treatment of Platinums. Location, cleanliness, service?
Old May 17, 2022, 4:29 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by flyintheback
Does the W feel dated or still quite nice?

I guess treatment of Platinums. Location, cleanliness, service?
Ren and Humaniti would be noticeably newer.

Humaniti breakfast is a credit off restaurant menu (continental is free). Ren pre-COVID allowed for selecting any breakfast entrree. W pre-COVID was continental.

All three should be good with upgrades.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:34 pm
Original Member

Chateau Champlain M Club OPEN

Just gave Chateau Champlain a call and front desk informs the M Club has been open for a couple of weeks.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:27 am

Humaniti or Renaissance?

Debating between Renaissance and Humaniti. I like the look of the gym and pool at Humaniti, but Renaissance seems to be more centrally located. Can someone comment on the pros and cons as well as the location? Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.