Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:57 pm

I've recently started travelling to Montreal a fair bit, as a Titanium member.

I've stayed at the CY Airport, nice staff, upgrades were to a 'nicer' room. The first stay was great, my last stay was average, just in the fact that there was no complimentary water left in my room, lousy location of room, and they forgot to make it feather free.

CY Downtown, is not bad. Good location, easy walking to Place des Artes, and St. Catherine street. I liked the view of Rene Leveque street best.

Marriott downtown was nice as well. Upgrade was provided on request.

Marriott in-terminal at the airport was definitely my favorite though. Great views and the terminal convenience is awesome.

I'd like to try out a few more, reading here it seems the Sheraton and Westin may be worth checking out.
I like the RI rooms, but I can't handle the pet odors at all, so I don;t stay at pet friendly spots.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:57 pm

Renaissance vs Westin vs Newly renovated Marriott?

About 200 CAD (loft room at Ren) vs 150 CAD (Westin) vs points (175,000 at Marriott)

Marriott is closest to Bell Center (will be attending event there), I like the rooms at Ren the most, but breakfast - not sure where it's better? Thoughts?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Sheraton, Meridien options

Originally Posted by DealAddict
Marriott is closest to Bell Center (will be attending event there), I like the rooms at Ren the most, but breakfast - not sure where it's better? Thoughts?
In fact, the Sheraton is closest to the Bell Centre. Right across the street.
Another option I have used is Le Meridien. While it seems to be a long way away, its in fact a short walk (north) from the Bell Centre. Always has the best rates. Great brekkie for Plats!

Last edited by Antonio8069; Mar 4, 2020 at 11:11 pm Reason: correction
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
In fact, the Sheraton is closest to the Bell Centre. Right across the street.
Another option I have used is Le Meridien. While it seems to be a long way away, its in fact a short walk (north) from the Bell Centre. Always has the best rates. Great brekkie for Plats!
The reviews for Le Meridien have put me off a bit.. there were 2 reviews (fairly recent) mentioning bedbugs? I know these should be taken with a grain of salt but even other reviews overall have seemed quite subpar?

Otherwise I can get a very cheap rate on Meridien but the reviews are not great..

Last edited by DealAddict; Mar 5, 2020 at 7:03 am
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:36 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
No bed bugs at Le Meridien but it is a bit of a hike to Bell Centre especially in winter.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
No bed bugs at Le Meridien but it is a bit of a hike to Bell Centre especially in winter.
I am a fast Walker so 15-20 mins doesn't bother me too much if it's decent

I got a LNF rate of 730 CAD for 6 nights locked in ( in 2 weeks)... it's just the reviews that concern me
Old Mar 5, 2020, 3:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by DealAddict
I am a fast Walker so 15-20 mins doesn't bother me too much if it's decent

I got a LNF rate of 730 CAD for 6 nights locked in ( in 2 weeks)... it's just the reviews that concern me
I've stayed there in 2013 and 2016, and I like it, if that helps. Not much for upgrades, but it was a perfectly fine hotel
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:48 pm
Original Member

Le Meriden do upgrade but it’s just larger room. WiFi is slow barely streamable.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:11 am
Original Member

Chateau Champlain indicating Concierge lounge closed thru Fall 2020. Bonvoy Ambassador/Platinum guests-750 pts per night or daily buffet breakfast.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by seawolf
Chateau Champlain indicating Concierge lounge closed thru Fall 2020. Bonvoy Ambassador/Platinum guests-750 pts per night or daily buffet breakfast.
Poor Titanium members
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by pewpew
Poor Titanium members
That's too funny - and sadly not far from the truth at some properties.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Montreal Downtown - Renaissance or Marriott Champlain?

Hey all,

There for a week of work and I can get an acceptable rate on these two hotels (and the Delta, but I stayed there in the past and was underwhelmed).

W and Westin are outside of my price point with my rate codes.

Which would you recommend (especially considering COVID and some of these hotels may not have lounges going) - Renaissance or Marriott Champlain? Has anyone stayed here recently during COVID times and can comment on services offered?

Thanks!

Edit - am a Titanium member.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Erome
Hey all,

There for a week of work and I can get an acceptable rate on these two hotels (and the Delta, but I stayed there in the past and was underwhelmed).

W and Westin are outside of my price point with my rate codes.

Which would you recommend (especially considering COVID and some of these hotels may not have lounges going) - Renaissance or Marriott Champlain? Has anyone stayed here recently during COVID times and can comment on services offered?

Thanks!

Edit - am a Titanium member.
If it were me, I'd opt for the Marriott Champlain for the views and recently renovated rooms. It's also a cool building, architecturally speaking, colloquially referred to as the "cheese grater" due to the half-moon windows.The Renaissance has more of a "boutique hotel" feel if that's what you prefer.

Not sure about lounges being open, but that might sway the decision if open at one and not the other.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I believe the lounge at the Champlain is closed for a year, but then again you're not missing much.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
You didn't mention it as an option but if it fits your price you should take a look at the Sheraton. Renovated rooms - upper floors facing the San Laurent have fantastic views, great lounge, and probably the best fitness center and indoor pool of any hotel in Montreal. (Of course, given Covid, I'd call the Sheraton and see if any of the amenities are open right now.)
yule_boy and Antonio8069 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.