FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:14 am
seegs

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel

A note of caution regarding the Renaissance Downtown Montreal. There is an obscene amount of construction outside the hotel and it is completely out of the control of the hotel. In short, the entire section of St Catherine Street outside the hotel is a hole and they are jackhammering, digging and rebuilding it all day and night. My first night there was loud but bearable to fall asleep (I was on top floor) but my second night, at 12am, they were jackhammering and it felt like the construction was inside the room.

I ended up leaving the hotel at 12am and moving to the Delta. They refunded me the one night charge on the spot and I followed up with GM and Ops Manager and they gave me a further refund of my first night for the inconvenience. I was more perturbed at the hotel for downplaying the entire thing...there was no banner on hotel booking page notifying construction, no sign at checkin desk and when I asked about construction noise at checkin, the agent said there would be no issue.

The one positive is management said they took my feedback and have added the banner to website and have talked to all staff about how to discuss the issues with customers.