Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
I saw it on spg.com when I was booking for my stay at the LM Phuket, and it stayed there for a few days. If I remember correctly, the special rate was only available for the lowest category villa.

And the BHT9,000 rate has always been available most of the time, hard to imagine anyone paying a BHT19,000 rate for a no view villa in Phuket during the raining season
I didn't see any 6000 THB rate. I ended up with LM KL.
I would jump on it so fast had it been that low.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
as far as i remember, this place has never had rate of 6000 B/night

the lowest rate i've seen was the opening offer rate at 7500 B+++/night for the tropical villa (no pool).

but the rate of 8000 B/night for the tropical 'pool' villa (including all taxes & service charges + roundtrip speedboat transfer + buffet breakfast for 2 + etc.) seems to be a good deal for me.

ps. sorry for my poor english ;-)
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
this resort just opened on 11/1/11.
The first 4 months, the cheapest was 9000 THB + tax.
Not correct. I stayed twice in early February, in a villa with pool, for 7,500 + taxes. This rate was widely available over many dates.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
4,844 sq. ft. / 450 m˛ is huge. You can easily have 10 people stay there.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by tfong007
4,844 sq. ft. / 450 m˛ is huge. You can easily have 10 people stay there.
That's the size of the villas "estate", not the room itself. Much of it is vegetation and trees.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jul 13, 2012 at 5:43 am
Old Jul 13, 2012, 9:18 am
Suspended

It's available tomorrow for BHT6,740 on spg.com !

Edit : OK it's BHT8,000 if you include the taxes

Last edited by mario33; Jul 13, 2012 at 9:25 am
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:45 am

It's been a while since this thread has been active, and since I visited at the beginning of the Feb I though I'd post some impressions:

Overall, had a great time and would definitely contemplate going back for a long weekend, although for a long stay I would consider branching out to the main island itself (especially if children are in tow).

Stayed for 2 nights 3 days with the girlfriend, so definitely more of a romantic/couple orientated getaway than a family holiday. We had arranged for a pick-up at the airport (after a short flight from Singapore) but upon arrival at the airport there was some difficulty in finding the designated staff; this was more to do with the fact that picking out signs amongst the crowds of people was a tad difficult. Nonetheless after a phone call and a quick wait, we were whisked to the marina in a BMW (5-series for those curious), and from there a very short speedboat ride to the main island itself.

The arrival at the long pier was quite impressive, and first impressions were very good. There was a Korean member of staff to welcome us all well which was an unexpected surprise (us being Korean/ethnically Korean). Bracelets were given, and a gong was struck to 'welcome' us to the island, a brief experience I rather enjoyed, and from there we travelled by golf buggy straight to our room where check-in was done very efficiently and warmly. A welcome letter in the room was written in both English and Korean; a small gesture that I appreciated. All in all, impressions from the airport to the room itself were very good.

Personally, I liked the room very much. We were in Villa 9 which was fairly close to where all the main facilities are located meaning only a quick walk or very short bike ride was needed. This was convenient as for the villas more on the other side (unsure what numbers), walking to the main areas would take a relatively long time (although buggy service is provided if asked for). The villa was spacious with both indoor and outdoor lounging areas, and I personally liked the outdoor toilet and showers. The interior had a rather rustic charm to it, and I warmed to it.

Two bicycles were provided and herein lies a minor criticism (although it may just have been bad luck): our bicycles and some of the replacement had problems (e.g. non-working rear brake, rusted chains etc.) that caused small inconveniences. I'm sure this has to do with the weather, and when requested they were replaced extremely quickly. Nonetheless, using the bicycles made navigating the resort a cinch and a short ride to the neighbouring fishing village was also enjoyable.

The pool was great and the beach nice, although the sand is not of the fluffy white variety and a bit more 'hard'. There were no lifeguards, so those with young children should take care. Service was attentive (will come back to this later) and really we couldn't have asked for more with regards to just lounging around and relaxing. I liked the gym a lot - good enough selection of equipment for a nice workout. It was completely empty in the morning, but got fairly busy in the late afternoon.

We tried both restaurants, the bar, and room service as well. Breakfast was very filling and made me sleepy. Of the two restaurants I enjoyed Tonsai (the more casual) much more than 'My Grill', although neither are of the super high-end cuisine that you might find in some of the great city-hotels in the world and cost-performance could (and for the price probably should) be better. The food did not detract from my experience there, but if improved the memories would have been that much better. Room service was actually the most enjoyable meal I had there.

We went to the bar both evenings to watch the sunset and it was gorgeous, although in all fairness I assume sunsets in an island locale are hard to mess up. Cycling home after some drinks was interesting (!), and the library had a selection of DVD's and books for the guests. I'm generally not a huge fan of resort gift shops, but I quite liked the small one they had there.

Service was great throughout our whole time there and any request or minor question was answered quickly, efficiently and warmly. Many of the staff greeted us by name despite our very short stay, and we felt completely at ease during our time there.

As we were there for only a short while, we were more than content to lounge around, with the odd jaunt by kayak or cycle. There were some other water activities available (windsurfing, jet ski) as well as lang-based ones (e.g. yoga, thai-boxing etc.), and what seemed to be a decent and varied range of activities and trips to other islands that could be arranged.

We wanted a relaxing weekend away from city-life and that is exactly what we got. We would (and will) consider going again, although we do want to check out other places as well. Staying for 10 days or so at this property could be a bit long I imagine given the more limited variety of activities and food available (inevitable given the location). I'm sure it could work, but repeatedly engaging in activities would mean expenses would ramp up.

All in all, had a relaxing and enjoyable stay enhanced by the friendly staff. A very nice weekend away
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by willski
It's been a while since this thread has been active, and since I visited at the beginning of the Feb I though I'd post some impressions:

Thank you very much for the update.

Would you have any comments on bringing youngish kids there (~ 7-8 yrs old)?

Are the electronic gizmos up to scratch (LCD/LED panels or still CRTs :P)?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:53 am

Welcome to FT & the SPG forum willski, and thanks for a very interesting report. ^

Originally Posted by willski
Cycling home after some drinks was interesting (!),
Agreed.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Thank you very much for the update.

Would you have any comments on bringing youngish kids there (~ 7-8 yrs old)?

Are the electronic gizmos up to scratch (LCD/LED panels or still CRTs :P)?
I think kids would very much like it there, as long as its not for too long a stay. The room I had was complete with the latest in electronic gadgets, including stereo and LCD TV.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:42 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Agreed with above, I think kids would be happy there as long the stay is not overly long. There is ample space to run around, and I guess activities can be arranged as well. For what it's worth, when I visited there was a family with two young children and they seemed to be having a good time.

The room had a 32" (IIRC) Samsung LCD TV with a DVD player in the cupboard below. There was also a Bose iPod dock in the room too.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:29 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Welcome to FlyerTalk willski!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:14 pm

Thanks fellow FTers
Old May 12, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mario33
So what rate did you pay ? BHT19,000
For May 2013, the best rate I can find is THB13.200 per night or THB 11.000 average if you book the 3=2 promo for 16.500 THB * 2 Nights.

I am not sure if the resort is worth that. If anybody knows a better rate, pls let me know.

And is there anything outside the resort? I mean, at least a small bar where one can have a beer? Doesn't have to be fancy.

Can someone give a comparison between Six Senses Yao Noi and the Naka? Prices are almost the same at the moment.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Try otel.com. I just had a BRG claim approved for THB 8247++ less 10% but I am disputing it because I see it as THB 7379++

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.