Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by nongsom
Update for this place
Only few staff from previously six sense staff(on 08/2014 a lot of them 50+% still here)
Platinum benefits
-Upgrade 1 category (Tropical pool to Seaview pool)
-Breakfast
-Wifi
-2 drinks / day at Z bar
-500 *point or local gift
A lot of instant award(not worth)
will be update later
Are these still the Platinum benefits for this hotel? Anything removed or added as a benefit since this post?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Are these still the Platinum benefits for this hotel? Anything removed or added as a benefit since this post?
Update for benefits
Plat get same benefits as previous
Drink at Z-bar are unlimit (5-7pm) they just change on FEB,ask from pui on Z-Bar
Local gift change from raw cotton pajamas(I'm not sure how to describe it) to
Wood USB 4 GB. with naka hotel logo It sell on gift shop next to Kids Game Room at 600 THB.
Internet connection is improve UP/Down 11/11
New Experience manager come from JW Phuket.
Still old GM and Room manager(come from St.regis BKK).
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Update for benefits
Drink at Z-bar are unlimit (5-7pm) they just change on FEB,ask from pui on Z-Bar
Wood USB 4 GB. with naka hotel logo It sell on gift shop next to Kids Game Room at 600 THB.
Not bad! Thanks for the update.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Update for benefits
When I was there in late 2013, Platinums also got unlimited speedboat back to Phuket. Is that no longer the case?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by landeej
When I was there in late 2013, Platinums also got unlimited speedboat back to Phuket. Is that no longer the case?
I didn't see this benefits.
They didn't tell me and i didn't ask.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I didn't see this benefits.
They didn't tell me and i didn't ask.
I thought the speedboat transfer was free for everyone. Am I misinterpreting this?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...language=en_US

By Waterway

Resort Shuttle Speedboat to/from Phuket
Fee:Complimentary
Hours: 24 hours
Travel Time:5 minutes
About:
Arrival and departure transfers via speedboat are included in all room rates and packages. All bookings must be made in advance with the concierge at [email protected].

Guests must be ready at the Welcome Sala (beside the resort pier/gong) ten minutes before the speedboat’s departure time.

Departures from the resort to Ao Po Grand Marina: 7:30am and 11am
Departures from Ao Po Grand Marina to the resort: 5pm and 10pm
An additional shuttle speedboat transfer is complimentary for each registered guest during a stay. Guests who stay at the resort for at least five nights enjoy complimentary roundtrip speedboat service daily at a time of their choosing. Transfers outside of these circumstances incur a charge of 800 THB net each way.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:21 am

1.Arrival and departure transfers via speedboat are included in all room rates and packages.
2.An additional shuttle speedboat transfer is complimentary for each registered guest during a stay. ?????
3.Guests who stay at the resort for at least five nights enjoy complimentary roundtrip speedboat service daily at a time of their choosing.
4.Transfers outside of these circumstances incur a charge of 800 THB net each way. ????
I'm not sure about 2&4.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
I thought the speedboat transfer was free for everyone. Am I misinterpreting this?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...language=en_US
I think the post was referring to additional trips on and off the island above and beyond the trip in and out. It's not something I asked about either when I was there.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titaniu, Hyatt Globalist, Mlife Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
50,000 SPG points a night for an award stay is pretty rough. I ended up staying at Westin Siray Bay, which was an excellent and very quiet stay since it is the only resort in Siray Bay and the other hotels are on Patong Beach.

When I checked into the Westin, it had a Meet & Greet with the managers including the GM, of the hotel for SPG Platinums with free food and drinks from a list. It was a pretty generous list and the food was fantastic.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I think the post was referring to additional trips on and off the island above and beyond the trip in and out. It's not something I asked about either when I was there.
I only found out about the supposed benefit of multiple trips back to Phuket the day before my check-out. Thus why I'm raising it in case anyone actually wants to take advantage of it, as the hotel didn't socialize it well on my stay.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Kirito
50,000 SPG points a night for an award stay is pretty rough. I ended up staying at Westin Siray Bay, which was an excellent and very quiet stay since it is the only resort in Siray Bay and the other hotels are on Patong Beach.

When I checked into the Westin, it had a Meet & Greet with the managers including the GM, of the hotel for SPG Platinums with free food and drinks from a list. It was a pretty generous list and the food was fantastic.
IMO Naka is opportunities to earn points not burn.
IMO 1 *point = 1THB
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:09 am

IMO Naka is opportunities to earn points not burn.
IMO 1 *point = 1THB
Maybe because the credit card I use is in USD, or my account is based in the US, I've only ever gotten 1 Starpoint per Dollar (at the current market conversation rate of THB to USD).
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by landeej
Maybe because the credit card I use is in USD, or my account is based in the US, I've only ever gotten 1 Starpoint per Dollar (at the current market conversation rate of THB to USD).
Maybe you misinterpret.
I mean I value 1 *point for 1THB like someone values 1 *point for 2.5-3 cent.

Last edited by nongsom; Mar 26, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Maybe you misinterpret.
I mean I value 1 *point for 1THB like someone values 1 *point for 2.5-3 cent.
Same idea, I value 1 Starpoint at SGD2 cents.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:55 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Planning a honeymoon and considering a stay here for a few nights (as part of a bigger trip with other stops) in the December-January timeframe. Have been to the region (all business trips) but never to Thailand nor to any beach resorts in the region.

As I understand it from the thread, major downsides to this property seem to be that there isn't much to do other than relax and that the food isn't very good and is overpriced.

In my case, the lack of activities is not a problem given the type of trip (and we will also have other stops on the trip in cities with much more to do), and willing to splurge a bit so high prices is not a total dealbreaker, but bad food could be.

Would be curious for any thoughts on:
1. Has the food gotten any better since the early reviews? Any thoughts on SPG resort properties in Thailand with notably good food? Not-great food seems to be a recurring theme across many of the properties, though at least some others allow easier access to non-resort restaurants than this one does.

2. Private plunge pool is a must, and one of the things that attracted me to this property -- I'm willing to spend a bit extra to get it if going for a resort that only has it in some rooms, like the Westin Siray Bay, though no more than say $500/night. Any other properties I should be considering (including elsewhere in Thailand)? Have also looked at Koh Samui and there are some very nice options but also seem to be more expensive, likely prohibitively so. Also open to using points if the value is there, but doesn't seem to be great uses of points at any of these higher-end properties, so will probably save points for hotels in other destinations on the trip.

3. Anywhere else in the region worth considering? We are a gay couple so my sense is that Thailand is probably the best bet in that region -- that said not really looking for nightlife or anything like that, more just want somewhere that minimizes the chances of having any awkward encounters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.