Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Am planning on visiting there in September and the lowest rates I see are around $200+tax a night, much better than the crazy amount of *points needed. Now is September a good time to go?? It seems like the rates are lower than what I hear most people paid for on this thread...
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Am planning on visiting there in September and the lowest rates I see are around $200+tax a night, much better than the crazy amount of *points needed. Now is September a good time to go?? It seems like the rates are lower than what I hear most people paid for on this thread...
Pretty sure September is in the middle of monsoon season, which is why the rates are so low.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:15 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
This will be the rainy monsoon season. Would not advise going this time of year especially as if weather is bad there is nothing to do as you are stuck on an island with limited options which is why the rate is so cheap.You might be better off trying Koh Samui on the east coast Vana Belle is same category
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by fdemoulin
This will be the rainy monsoon season. Would not advise going this time of year especially as if weather is bad there is nothing to do as you are stuck on an island with limited options which is why the rate is so cheap.You might be better off trying Koh Samui on the east coast Vana Belle is same category
Thanks, that's good to know. So are there other options in Thailand where the monsoon wont be a concern in Sept?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Thanks, that's good to know. So are there other options in Thailand where the monsoon wont be a concern in Sept?
I would love to know this as well, as I am visiting end of September/October and would love suggestions for great SPG resort with beach or nice pools to relax a few weeks in Thailand
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
The Gulf of Thailand is a bit better that time of the year than the Andaman coast.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:59 am

We recently stayed there and had an amazing time. When I was doing research on this property I had a really hard time finding any good content on it, anywhere. We just did a two part blog post on this location. Hopefully this 2 part review helps someone. No problem with bugs as mentioned by others. Here's the link
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by seat2asuite
We recently stayed there and had an amazing time. When I was doing research on this property I had a really hard time finding any good content on it, anywhere. We just did a two part blog post on this location. Hopefully this 2 part review helps someone. No problem with bugs as mentioned by others. Here's the link
Heading there next week! Thank you for the thorough review, I was curious about a few things and you did an awesome job showing them(breakfast for example). I also only booked a Tropical Villa based on maybe getting an upgrade for being Plat and honeymoon, but maybe I will just upgrade to the seaview now since you mentioned they don't upgrade.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:06 pm

Thanks so much! Glad we were able to help answer some of your questions! Like I said, there was not a lot of info on this place when we booked.

If you like the party life, this isn't for you. If you want to relax, it's perfect!

As for the upgrade, I wouldn't count on it, but you never know since you are platinum. However, seeing the garden view rooms I'd FOR SURE move up to at least sea view, it was worth it. Those garden view rooms, are well, garden view. It's your honeymoon, live a little

As to the breakfast, it was great! They really do their best to take care of you.

The only suggestion I'd make is if you are going to spend more than a few days there, ask your cab driver to swing by a 7-11 and pick up some snacks and stuff.

I hope you have a great time!

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Heading there next week! Thank you for the thorough review, I was curious about a few things and you did an awesome job showing them(breakfast for example). I also only booked a Tropical Villa based on maybe getting an upgrade for being Plat and honeymoon, but maybe I will just upgrade to the seaview now since you mentioned they don't upgrade.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
As I mentioned before: Naka does upgrade Plats! The review as posted was from a Gold member so not sure why a possible Plat upgrade was even discussed?

As always: YMMV. Naka Island is not a very big resort and upgrades are subject to availability. But I can confirm that I was upgraded to a sea view from a tropical pool villa during my first stay on Naka.

As a Plat you will also have complimentary Happy Hour at Z Bar. The exact hours may vary but this is a super generous Plat offering. The resort does not have a lounge but clearly goes above and beyond for plats.

Enjoy your stay and congrats with your wedding!
Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura
As I mentioned before: Naka does upgrade Plats! The review as posted was from a Gold member so not sure why a possible Plat upgrade was even discussed?

As always: YMMV. Naka Island is not a very big resort and upgrades are subject to availability. But I can confirm that I was upgraded to a sea view from a tropical pool villa during my first stay on Naka.

As a Plat you will also have complimentary Happy Hour at Z Bar. The exact hours may vary but this is a super generous Plat offering. The resort does not have a lounge but clearly goes above and beyond for plats.

Enjoy your stay and congrats with your wedding!

Thank you, and I did read your post a while back, and got some great info from it. I only mentioned the Plat upgrade because the end of his second review states they don't upgrade at this resort, so I thought maybe they changed the policy.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Quick questions for anyone who's stayed here recently.

We're Platinum going for four nights before Christmas and will get our usual B600 airport transfer to the pier. I'm assuming they'll email me beforehand to arrange the speedboat time (credit card just charged today so they know I'm coming).

1. Is there a supermarket at/walking distance from Ao Por Grand Marina pier where I can stock up on food and drink to take? Anything from a Tesco or a 7-11 that sells beer/wine/snacks?

2. If not then any suggestions for the most convenient place to buy these things on the way from the airport to the pier?

3. I read in one review that breakfast has sparking wine. True/False?

This is my end of year treat and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ftrichard

We're Platinum going for four nights before Christmas and will get our usual B600 airport transfer to the pier. I'm assuming they'll email me beforehand to arrange the speedboat time (credit card just charged today so they know I'm coming).

1. Is there a supermarket at/walking distance from Ao Por Grand Marina pier where I can stock up on food and drink to take? Anything from a Tesco or a 7-11 that sells beer/wine/snacks?

2. If not then any suggestions for the most convenient place to buy these things on the way from the airport to the pier?

I don't remember shops in the marina but this might have changed. There are however 7-11 on the way from the airport. We normally stops for some sugary milk before making our way to Naka. The driver will stop and wait no problem.

There is sparkling wine for breakfast, as well as mixers for Bloody Mary and such. This I am hoping this is still around considering he number of bottles we have gone through between my partner and I. Keeping my bubbly fingers crossed for you.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
I don't remember shops in the marina but this might have changed. There are however 7-11 on the way from the airport. We normally stops for some sugary milk before making our way to Naka. The driver will stop and wait no problem.

There is sparkling wine for breakfast, as well as mixers for Bloody Mary and such. This I am hoping this is still around considering he number of bottles we have gone through between my partner and I. Keeping my bubbly fingers crossed for you.
Brilliant. Thank you. This place has been on my list for a long time.

We will surely maximise our enjoyment there ;-).
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard

You don't have to arrange a time for the speedboat, as they are usually waiting for you, or 5 min away on the island.

I stayed recently and did not see any type of sparkling wine or bloody mix around. Maybe you have to ask, but we did not have any of that. Breakfast was very well done here.

The marina did not seem to have much, and I was surprised because they just built new condos right there on the water. It could have something, but we did not really look hard enough. Def stop on the way if you want things, you pass a few 7-11s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.