Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:52 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Or Vana Belle with a paid upgrade? I personally prefer Samui to Phuket.
Of course!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
We loved VB. Had a beach villa which was worth it. We actually checked out of Westin early - beautiful place but pools small, beach not really usable, gym tiny. For family not good.

But one of the high end villas, suites for a couple would be nice .
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by SHLTP
No. They now have something like 30 hotel rooms and suites in a building. Rooms are like 40 sqm. Have zero views.

We booked in points for Christmas period. I had hoped I'd grt upgraded to a villa or suite. I called hotel and they said they would only upgrade 1 category level. Since I booked in points, they would only upgrade us to a slightly larger room, not even suite. Wouldnt even let me pay to upgrade oddly.

TA has horrible reviews of these hotel room accomodation.

I canceled

​​​
It appears you are correct. There are now rooms and suites to book. This place has gone downhill big time. When I stayed a couple of years ago in a pool villa we got royal Platinum treatment on a paid-for stay including a great happy hour with freeflow cocktails at sundown and unlimited free speedboat transfers.

Have you considered the Pranburi Villas in Hua Hin? The villa hardware is very similar and a year ago they still had a Platinum happy hour.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Brooke123
ˇ Enhanced room upgrade, including suites, excluding villas, subject to availability upon arrival
Any experiences if paid suite bookings upgrade into villas, or is there a hard stop there?

Do base villas upgrade into higher tier villas for Plats?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Was looking at the place last month. I had had a very nice stay there some years ago before they built the new "rooms with no view". The reviews are not super nice lately for PLAT, so I went on to write an email to the GM to know where they were standing after the 18th August. My feeling is....one more property that has been reducing benefits to PLAT lately, so decided to stay away. Went instead to the JW Marriott Phuket....big mistake, the new GM is not a fan at all of PLAT, so next time, it's none of those as a PLAT. Now I'm only speaking as a PLAT or above.
remymartin likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:57 pm

What is the best way to arrange the car / boat ride through hotel? Just call them or is there a way to email them?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
From airport cheapest way is grab taxi/car App
or airport taxi IIRC 500+ THB
From AO POR GRAND MARINA email/call hotel.
IME hotel will contact you 1 wk before arrival
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:42 pm

Staying here now as a platinum. Service was meh the first day but had gotten a lot better since. We bought a lot of food and drinks at a local 7-11 on the way in but didn’t really need it. Breakfast is good and the local restaurant does delivery to the guard station right behind the hotel pier entrance. Great food and cheaper than hotel by far.

Plat get 20% off meals. There are a lot of positives - free ice cream, great pool beach villa, they provide af least 6-8 bottles of drinking water a day, insect repellent and coils, along with turn down service. Aslo there are a few free boat transfers per day and plat get one free round trip with one hours notice. All you can drink deal for around 900 ish tbh at Zbar during happy hour / sunset. 20% off spa from 9am-3pm. Spa also had lots of package deals - 5 hours for 11.5k was decent as could be used amount a couple across days and treatments.

Last edited by olouie; Nov 22, 2018 at 10:58 pm
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by olouie
Staying here now as a platinum.
What room did you book, and what did you get?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
What room did you book, and what did you get?
Booked a Sea View Pool Villa. Got Beach Front Pool Villa. Booked through a travel agent who was part of the SPG program. Wasn't too excited at first due to less privacy, but I am injured and being closer to the main area is nice. Its a shame they put the hedges up in front of the pool or else it would have a great ocean view too. I guess it provides a tiny bit of privacy, but I rather have the nice view if I was in this room anyways.

Oh they have a 4th night free deal on right now. Its stupid bc the website doesnt show the correct pricing but it takes it off at check out. Would recommend booking that with an agent since none of the website documentation says that and SPG social team wasn't able to help much.

Some not so good things: boat pick up was kind of a mess - they were late and driver (ordered through resort) didn't know what we were supposed to do so he had to call, our luggage took over 2 hours to arrive in the room, and the checkin process seemed messy (friendly staff member, but not really sure of benefits etc). Also room has had on/off issues with hot water - which they send engineers out to fix and then it breaks again and heard its not uncommon issue.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by olouie; Nov 23, 2018 at 4:27 am
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Oh dear. This property has been on our list for years and we have a stay planned for March. I’ve been minimizing time on FT since August (it got a little depressing), but just jumped on to this thread after being unable to apply my SNAs for our March stay. New building, concrete views, so-so Platinum treatment. Hmmm. Maybe not. Luckily, we haven’t bought our intra-Asia flights yet so everything’s back on the table. Looks like we’ll be planning a new trip this weekend...
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:28 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Seems appropriate. I’ve been twice, before these changes, and would never return under the new circumstances.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:27 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So, the verdict on this place, if booked into a Seaside villa? Seems rather expensive at $500 or so.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by helvetic
So, the verdict on this place, if booked into a Seaside villa? Seems rather expensive at $500 or so.
$500 a night almost gets you to Aman rates outside of peak season, so I would be inclined to say no.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thailand resort prices have gone off the charts recently. Very common now to see $500+ per night for the luxury resorts on Samui and Phuket.

These prices are very hard to justify compared to the overall cost of living in the country. It's some pretty extreme profit grabbing by the property owners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.