Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by 30k
Yeah, from what I've gathered, those who have stayed here seem to either absolutely love or hate it. Phuket really lacks good hotel options but people seem to really enjoy the villas here.
Personally, I wouldn't not want to ruin the memory of an excellent stay here at the end of 2016 when the property offered two hours of free-flow sundowners each day at the bar as an elite benefit. Marriott stopped that guest-pleaser quickly enough. Same reason I wouldn't stay again at the Le Meridien Chiang Rai, Sheraton Hua Hin, the Pranburi Villas, Sheraton Full Moon... all excellent SPG experiences that I do not want to taint the memories of with their modern cost-reduced replacements.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Personally, I wouldn't not want to ruin the memory of an excellent stay here at the end of 2016 when the property offered two hours of free-flow sundowners each day at the bar as an elite benefit. Marriott stopped that guest-pleaser quickly enough. Same reason I wouldn't stay again at the Le Meridien Chiang Rai, Sheraton Hua Hin, the Pranburi Villas, Sheraton Full Moon... all excellent SPG experiences that I do not want to taint the memories of with their modern cost-reduced replacements.
OT - sigh - Me too. So many of my old favorites are all just not worth it anymore - for reasons like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
For what it is worth I stayed at this property last year and got food poisoning, as did my wife. (She ended up in the hospital.) We met another couple at the Naka, and they also got food poisoning. So caveat emptor!
estnet and Kacee like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
For what it is worth I stayed at this property last year and got food poisoning, as did my wife. (She ended up in the hospital.) We met another couple at the Naka, and they also got food poisoning. So caveat emptor!
That's a shame. I stayed 5 nights back in April, and didn't have any issues.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
I would definitely go for the seaview. The beach is not amazing with a considerable amount of debris and it is open to the rest of the guests so privacy is a concern. We were in a seaview and considered it much better than the beach front villas
Thanks! Do you happen to know what the operating hours are for the speedboat? Trying to figure out what time I'd need to land in HKT to make sure I can transfer to the pier in time for pickup.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:13 pm

We arrived pretty late (I think about 10 pm) and it was very dark when we got there. They were aware of our arrival time and had all of the necessary arrangements made to transfer us to the island. I think they must operate it pretty much anytime for arriving guests. We did arrange our transfer through the hotel. If you arrange transfer from the airport through other channels, I don't know if it would run so smoothly.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:28 pm

We arrived pretty late (I think about 10 pm) and it was very dark when we got there. They were aware of our arrival time and had all of the necessary arrangements made to transfer us to the island. I think they must operate it pretty much anytime for arriving guests. We did arrange our transfer through the hotel. If you arrange transfer from the airport through other channels, I don't know if it would run so smoothly.
Ah, okay, makes sense. It seems the going rate for various shuttle services are all around 700-1k baht for the car transfer but I may just book through the hotel as well to simplify. I thought I read somewhere that they charge a fee for evening boat transfers and wanted to make sure to avoid that since award space into HKT is wide open for just about any arrival time and I'd love to do an evening arrival to maximize time in SIN. That's the only reason any of this matters for me since I booked for way later this year but want to button up all of the flights now while space is open.

I emailed the property to ask about operating hours (assuming [email protected] is indeed their email) and can share here for posterity when I hear back.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:09 pm

My understanding is that they charge a fee if you want to go off island during your stay but do not charge for your arrival or departure. I think there are set times when you can go off island for free but the times are very few. We actually had a much earlier arrival from Chiang Mai booked, but the airline cancelled and left me with either early morning or late night.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), United Silver
My understanding is that they charge a fee if you want to go off island during your stay but do not charge for your arrival or departure. I think there are set times when you can go off island for free but the times are very few. We actually had a much earlier arrival from Chiang Mai booked, but the airline cancelled and left me with either early morning or late night.
Not entirely. Every speedboat transfer between 6:30 am and 7:45 pm is complimentary, which runs every 30 minutes.

During stay with us, we provided complimentary shuttle speedboat for our in-house guest at 6:30 am – 7:45 pm as following detail;
Ao Po Grand Marina – Resort are every _ _: 15 and _ _: 45
Resort - Ao Po Grand Marina are every _ _: 00 and _ _: 30
Out of the schedule we provided with additional charge at THB 1,000 net per way
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by frank.lan.yufan
Not entirely. Every speedboat transfer between 6:30 am and 7:45 pm is complimentary, which runs every 30 minutes.
That's what I was after. Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy: Titanium, IHG: Diamond Ambassador, Accor ALL: Gold
I managed to secure 1-bedroom villa garden view in June on redemption same amount of points as the entry-level Naka guest room .. Is a 3-nights stay sufficient to explore the island and enjoy the resort? We plan to move to Intercontinental Phuket after The Naka for another 3 nights. Or should I extend another night at the Naka, and reduce the stay in the mainland Phuket by 1 night instead?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:36 pm

Just, of course, a personal opinion, but yes, I would say three nights is sufficient. "Explore the island" isn't really a thing, there isn't much to see. We took out (poorly maintained) bikes one day and found little of interest. We also took the kayaks out and into the mangroves one day which was good. Otherwise, we went off island for most of the rest of the time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.