Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Looking for some advice. I have booked three nights in January using points (for our 30th anniversary trip) and have just contacted them to inquire about an upgrade. They have offered to allow us to upgrade to a tropical villa for 8000 THB/night or the seaview pool villa for 11,000 THB/night. For those who have been here, thoughts on these offers and which one would be the better option?
I stayed there in early July. Point + cash rate for tropical pool Villa is 41000+ 6000thb vs Seaview pool villa 41000+10,000 thb. (May be you can explore points+cash rate instead of taking the hotel offer if P+C is cheaper) Depends which view you would prefer, both villa comes in about same size and configuration. Seaview may be obstructed by trees depends which Villa you stay, so it might be just a partial Seaview.

If you prefer seaview, and spend most of the time in the villa,may be you can ask hotel for one with true Seaview. Otherwise, tropical pool villa is good enough (covered by bushes), don't really have a "view".

You can enjoy the hotel activities such as kayaking, cooking, making candle during the day and hang around the pool and beach for the seaview. They offer free flow ice cream from 2-4pm. A sunset ceremony around 6pm.

​​
Mae Zieg likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FQ415
I stayed there in early July. Point + cash rate for tropical pool Villa is 41000+ 6000thb vs Seaview pool villa 41000+10,000 thb.
July is low season. OP is going in January. That has a big impact on pricing.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
July is low season. OP is going in January. That has a big impact on pricing.
I know, just a suggestion to check points+ cash price. To compare.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:18 pm

Yes, in January, there is exactly one option for booking with points, a deluxe room, no upgraded rooms for extra points and no cash and points options.
FQ415 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Yes, in January, there is exactly one option for booking with points, a deluxe room, no upgraded rooms for extra points and no cash and points options.
Then I would suggest take up the offer, depends you prefer Seaview or not. Enjoy your stay.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 8:23 pm

I just read all the posts that say that you won't be upgraded as a Platinum if you booked on points...I'm going in mid-November, could that give me a chance as it's low season?

Would anyone have the email to contact the hotel? I would try to sweet talk them into giving me anything besides the concrete building rooms.

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:37 pm

I contacted them through facebook messenger. They were very responsive. Not willing to give me a free upgrade, but they told me no very quickly!
Old Oct 31, 2022, 11:52 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
I stayed here for the fourth time this year. Have stayed on certs, points, and even cash when its dipped to 4500b. Always booked the entry level room and have gotten either a tropical pool villa or a seaview villa. Hard to predict occupancy levels for January, but I think it's only fair for the property to ask for a co-pay to guarantee an upgrade in the busy season. That being said, David and his team have been great and always upgraded elites regardless of booking method if there are upgrades available. The property is definitely... let's call it "rustic" and who knows when they will ever really repair the sala pool and grounds around the spa. Hopefully the new four seasons going in next door will help the erawan group find the budget for some maintenance. Regardless, this property holds nostalgic value for me and is a pleasant getaway from Phuket, cheaper and more convenient than the Six Senses that also leaves from the same pier, and has a great f&b. Definitely my favorite Marriott in the Andaman region.
VSLover likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:04 pm

Just finished a 5 days stay at Naka Island Resort, Thailand.

Superb place. The base room is in a motel-type block and apparently they don’t upgrade Plats to the seaview pool villas. So we decided to upgrade for the last 3 days at 400$cad a night. Much to my surprise and delight, a few days before check-in, all 5 nights were upgraded to seaview pool villa.

Best 1200$cad spent in my life.
Nice staff, big villa with outside shower, this stay was truly memorable. I recommend Naka island resort if you want to spend a few days away from noise, cars and ugly civilization. 🙂

175k points for 5 nights.
Villa 52 has one of the best views.
yosithezet likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 10:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Upon logging into my MasterCard Travel Rewards account today, I discovered that this property is offering THB 1,000 cash back (in the form of a statement credit) when spending THB 10,000 or more using a registered MasterCard between 1 January 2023 and 31 March 2023.

Old Mar 16, 2023, 6:42 am

Any recent reports? Planning to visit mid-April, just curious if anyone here has been lately.

Also curious about restaurant options near the pier, 5 days of the same few places could get a bit old, and am interested in some variety.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:09 am

Any recommendations on seaview vs beachfront villas w/pool? Not sure how accessible or nice the beaches are and trying to figure out which room type to request with SNA.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:39 am

I would definitely go for the seaview. The beach is not amazing with a considerable amount of debris and it is open to the rest of the guests so privacy is a concern. We were in a seaview and considered it much better than the beach front villas
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:20 am

The hotel is in dire need of a huge revamp. But for the right price it’s more than agreeable.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by MePlatPremier
The hotel is in dire need of a huge revamp. But for the right price it’s more than agreeable.
Yeah, from what I've gathered, those who have stayed here seem to either absolutely love or hate it. Phuket really lacks good hotel options but people seem to really enjoy the villas here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.