Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS
Print Wikipost

The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat
We got back from Naka a week ago and having had the flu since, I'm missing those sunset cocktails!

We loved it and I don't get why anybody would have any trepidation about staying here.

Of course, it's not faultless but what is?

The only negative about our stay was the bloody mosquitoes. I've always been susceptible to the little critters and they had a good chow down even with lots of repellent!

Otherwise, lovely/friendly service (the staff are so eager to please), comfy beds, wonderful sea views from the villa, lots of private outdoor space, great infinity pool, Z bar for sunset cocktails, good gym (if you're into that sort of thing)....I could go on and on.

We were there for 5 nights and it was just about right. You can get off the island for about $45 return in the hotel speedboat and $30 in long boat but as others have mentioned previously, why go to a beautiful, tropical island if you just want to get off it all the time?

We really felt that we were in the south pacific not 5 minutes from Phuket.

Food was fine (I loved the lamb vindaloo). It's not michelin starred but we had no problems with it and we eat out at a lot of fancy restaurants.

As advised by others. One night we went for dinner by long boat to Tenta Nakara. Well worth it just for the long boat ride close to sunset.

As for Plat benefits, free breakfast and one free cocktail per night. We were not upgraded when we checked in but they remedied that the next day by moving us to a seaview villa from a tropical one. Admittedly, it was very busy when we were there.

A good sign for me is whether we would ever go back to a property and we definitely would go back to Naka!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold, Privium, CBP Global Entry, Delta Reserve AMEX, Delta Reserve Business AMEX
Originally Posted by kippax
We got back from Naka a week ago and having had the flu since, I'm missing those sunset cocktails!

We loved it and I don't get why anybody would have any trepidation about staying here.

Of course, it's not faultless but what is?

The only negative about our stay was the bloody mosquitoes. I've always been susceptible to the little critters and they had a good chow down even with lots of repellent!

Otherwise, lovely/friendly service (the staff are so eager to please), comfy beds, wonderful sea views from the villa, lots of private outdoor space, great infinity pool, Z bar for sunset cocktails, good gym (if you're into that sort of thing)....I could go on and on.

We were there for 5 nights and it was just about right. You can get off the island for about $45 return in the hotel speedboat and $30 in long boat but as others have mentioned previously, why go to a beautiful, tropical island if you just want to get off it all the time?

We really felt that we were in the south pacific not 5 minutes from Phuket.

Food was fine (I loved the lamb vindaloo). It's not michelin starred but we had no problems with it and we eat out at a lot of fancy restaurants.

As advised by others. One night we went for dinner by long boat to Tenta Nakara. Well worth it just for the long boat ride close to sunset.

As for Plat benefits, free breakfast and one free cocktail per night. We were not upgraded when we checked in but they remedied that the next day by moving us to a seaview villa from a tropical one. Admittedly, it was very busy when we were there.

A good sign for me is whether we would ever go back to a property and we definitely would go back to Naka!
Thanks for the post. I have been very leery with previous post, will give my impressions since staying there Jan 18-21.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Arkbulldog
Thanks for the post. I have been very leery with previous post, will give my impressions since staying there Jan 18-21.
could you please take and post some pictures from the breakfast/food? :-)

we read that there is in the fisher village a little, little shop - maybe it is interesting for you to know.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold, Privium, CBP Global Entry, Delta Reserve AMEX, Delta Reserve Business AMEX
Originally Posted by hhburger
could you please take and post some pictures from the breakfast/food? :-)

we read that there is in the fisher village a little, little shop - maybe it is interesting for you to know.
No problem.

thanks for the info on the shop, sounds like an adventure.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Arkbulldog
No problem.

thanks for the info on the shop, sounds like an adventure.
ok, great!
have a nice stay at the naka!!

here you can have a look about the shop :-)
http://www.flyertea.com/thread-78155-1-2.html

Last edited by hhburger; Jan 15, 2012 at 2:59 pm
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:30 am

Review coming

We are SPG gold and staying at Naka Island from Jan 18-20. Will post a link to our tripadvisor review.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by tyc911
We are SPG gold and staying at Naka Island from Jan 18-20. Will post a link to our tripadvisor review.
oh yes, that would be great! and don´t forget the pictures from the breakfast/food. ^

thx
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: SPG Pt.
hello,
i booked to stay at the naka island in april 16days! :-)
can someone who stayed there before post some picture especially of the food :-)

also i look forward about any other information about the NAKA.

thx
Tons of Pictures of Naka Island including meals. If you cant read chinese just use google translation
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by pelapela
Tons of Pictures of Naka Island including meals. If you cant read chinese just use google translation
sorry, but where are the pictures from the meals??
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: SPG Pt.
sorry, but where are the pictures from the meals??
oops....I forgot to post the link. Sorry.
http://www.flyertea.com/forum.php?mo...highlight=naka
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by pelapela
oops....I forgot to post the link. Sorry.
http://www.flyertea.com/forum.php?mo...highlight=naka
WOW! that´s what i´m looking for.

THANK YOU!!!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:11 am

Something new ??
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Thumbs up this place is a must!!!

just leaving this property today

personally this is one of my most favorite stay ever (second to w retreat koh samui only).

great addition to the starwood portfolio.

awesome services from nice and well-trained staffs. they are very friendly and helpful.

villa is not looking brand new but great condition, nice layout and decoration, the pool in the villa is swimmable.

the food is quite expensive (with limited choices of dining venues) but most of them taste good.

breakfast is average, not too much but good selection.

the beach is fine, partly white sand, clear sea water. the main pool is the perfect place to rest & relax.

gym is not too big but enough and quite decent. there are some running shoes to lend too.

z bar is the perfect spot for looking sunset. nice cocktails and tapas

i feel sad to leave this property, i'll stay there again for sure.

ps. a lovely lady who took me to the hotel pier after checked-out told me that in the near future, this resort will renovate some buildings of its spa part to villas for more accommodations and it will have tennis court also.

and lastly she said that spg category will be changed to category 7 this year! (not officially confirmed yet)

not a good news for you guys who want to redeem a free night here

(sorry for my poor english )

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jan 30, 2012 at 8:41 am
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Great Property - Fantastic Stay

Just returned yesterday from Naka and I can concur, the place is great and we had a wonderful time. Everybody is trying very hard to give you a great stay even if there are little kinks here and there.

The food is not outstanding but enjoyable and tasty enough. The villas are fabulous (I love running the steam in the hammam while taking a cold shower).

The irony is that I nearly cancelled the stay at Naka after reading the not so great reviews. Fret not, it is a great property.

We kayaked around the island which took us 2h30 for a complete round. Naka village has a stunning deserted beach, you can cycle through the forest or go by kayak. On the other side of the island is a budget resort which serves food and advertised clearly from a distance... cold beer. When you have been kayaking for 1 hour, it is definitely something attractive although Lemongrass juice works better for me.

Plat amenities were not clearly mentioned, so we asked and were told about the sunset drinks at z-bar. Loved it... We can't wait to go back.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: SAA
Restaurants

What would be cost for dinner for 2? No wine. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.