Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:43 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
In the past for most of my stays, I don't see upgraded room types until the day of check in. Now that cancellation is at least 24 hours, I've started seeing room upgrades appear a day or two before. They block off rooms, and start sorting what their occupancy rate is and go down the list upgrading those at the top.

Personally, I'd rather have 6PM cancel and not know room upgrade in advance. I mean, even if it says you are upgraded, they can pull that away from you right up to the point you actually check in.

Billy
I looked at my reservation on line as I was on the fence as to which property to stay at. I noticed the award stay had a 30 day cancel period so I'm at the Ren.
I'm glad I am! We went over to the JW today and it was way to big for our taste. That as well as the Vacation Club which is attached made it even bigger. We went over to the Turtle Village for a few over priced sundry items. During our 1.5 hour excursion away from the Ren, we had to endure 4 attempted sales pitches for the time share.
Variety is what makes the world go round.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:17 am

JW vs PBC v MKB

Seeking some information after reading back a couple pages and not sure if I saw solid referencing to the questions below:

#1 - Is Phuket Beach Club closer to the JW than Mai Khao Beach Vacation club to be able to enjoy the facilities more easier? Which one is better if they are the same points?

#2 - How much is breakfast at the JW Marriott (since its not included for gold/plats at the vacation club)?

#3 - If we have 6 people (4 adults + 2 children), is it a better value to stay 2 rooms at the JW @ 70k points a night (35k per room), but include elite breakfast, or 40k points a night for 1 condo at PBC/MKB, no breakfast? (Tradeoff 30k points for at least the cost of 4 adult breakfasts?)

Planning a trip in mid-March.

Thanks so much.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by myperks
Seeking some information after reading back a couple pages and not sure if I saw solid referencing to the questions below:

#1 - Is Phuket Beach Club closer to the JW than Mai Khao Beach Vacation club to be able to enjoy the facilities more easier? Which one is better if they are the same points?

#2 - How much is breakfast at the JW Marriott (since its not included for gold/plats at the vacation club)?

#3 - If we have 6 people (4 adults + 2 children), is it a better value to stay 2 rooms at the JW @ 70k points a night (35k per room), but include elite breakfast, or 40k points a night for 1 condo at PBC/MKB, no breakfast? (Tradeoff 30k points for at least the cost of 4 adult breakfasts?)

Planning a trip in mid-March.

Thanks so much.

We just checked out of PBC yesterday....here you go. Writing this from the awesome lounge at the JW Bangkok before our journey to the US tomorrow.

PBC is part of JW-in that they share front desk, restaurants, facilities. They are both located on the same beach front property. Mai Khao is a buggy ride and not beach front. So, the only way to answer is PBC is closer to JW because they are connected. (PBC villas flank the hotel on both sides. Each set of villas and the hotel have their own beautiful pool-3 in total-but you can choose to use any pool.

Breakfast at the JW is 750 baht PP. About $25.00 USD. As owners at PBC, we received a 30% discount. I believe you will get a discount for being gold or plat.

Keep in mind you have a full kitchen, washer and dryer at PBC villas. I would take a trip to the grocery store for some basic lunch and breakfast provisions. A great savings of $$$. Plus, the breakfast is wonderful, but really would weigh on us having that large a meal every morning. YMMV. Its also nice having the large balcony and being able to wash clothes.

BTW, we discovered something new on this trip. Two nights a week they inflate a huge movie screen near the Out of the Blue bar. Show kids movies-that adults enjoy too. It was quite fun! Start right after sunset.

Have a great time!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
We just checked out of PBC yesterday....here you go. Writing this from the awesome lounge at the JW Bangkok before our journey to the US tomorrow.

PBC is part of JW-in that they share front desk, restaurants, facilities. They are both located on the same beach front property. Mai Khao is a buggy ride and not beach front. So, the only way to answer is PBC is closer to JW because they are connected. (PBC villas flank the hotel on both sides. Each set of villas and the hotel have their own beautiful pool-3 in total-but you can choose to use any pool.

Breakfast at the JW is 750 baht PP. About $25.00 USD. As owners at PBC, we received a 30% discount. I believe you will get a discount for being gold or plat.

Keep in mind you have a full kitchen, washer and dryer at PBC villas. I would take a trip to the grocery store for some basic lunch and breakfast provisions. A great savings of $$$. Plus, the breakfast is wonderful, but really would weigh on us having that large a meal every morning. YMMV. Its also nice having the large balcony and being able to wash clothes.

BTW, we discovered something new on this trip. Two nights a week they inflate a huge movie screen near the Out of the Blue bar. Show kids movies-that adults enjoy too. It was quite fun! Start right after sunset.

Have a great time!
Thanks so much Mr. Vker.
I'm thinking maybe PBC, since you say it's basically on the JW but cheaper for our group, point-wise (and w/o brekkie).
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Hey all.

Just an FYI that I can do referrals to Marriott Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao Beach for free 4 day 3 night vacations in a two bedroom suite as a current Marriott Vacation Club Asia Pacific owner. The package also includes roundtrip airport transfer.

Of course you'll have to attend a timeshare sales presentation, but Marriott is pretty low pressure, and the stay will be free regardless.

PM me if you want more details.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:41 am
Suspended

No more Platinum Bfst benefit at JW phuket

When did that happen?

Had i known i would have booked Renaissance.

I guess this is my last stay at JW Marriott Phuket. Was nice while it lasted. I didn't stay 2300 nights at Marriott to be treated like a bus tourist.

Last edited by FlyerTalker683455; Mar 13, 2015 at 2:47 am
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Allvest
When did that happen?

Had i known i would have booked Renaissance.

I guess this is my last stay at JW Marriott Phuket. Was nice while it lasted. I didn't stay 2300 nights at Marriott to be treated like a bus tourist.
Is this true?? I though Plats get brekkie always.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Is this true?? I though Plats get brekkie always.
I would like that verified as well. Must be a recent change if it has happened.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: United 1K, AADVANTAGE EXP, Marriott Platinum
I'm having my wedding at the JW Phuket, checking in April 22nd. I'm Platinum so can confirm the breakfast situation then.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Cachris69
I'm having my wedding at the JW Phuket, checking in April 22nd. I'm Platinum so can confirm the breakfast situation then.
Appreciate the report - and congrats on your upcoming marriage!

Cheers.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:20 pm

We're arriving after dark into Phuket airport, and I had planned on spending a night at the Renaissance Phuket before making it up to the JW Khao Lak. But my wife would prefer to spend the entire time in Khao Lak. I want to have a car, so how's the drive heading up there if we were to do it right away at night? Curvy, narrow, bad roads, etc sort of thing.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:49 am
Suspended

the road from the airport north to KL is not bad except for one hilly/twisting road area about 15-kms before you reach the town of KL.

if you are intending to rent a car be advised that there will be at least 2 checkpoints, one just before going over the bridge and atnother one along the way, and either both could ask you under penalty of Thai driving laws to produce your Int'l drivers License.

although the renting agency probably won't ask that does not preclude your need for one in the event you are stopped at one of the check points and especially if you get involved in a fender bender.

Originally Posted by joeags
We're arriving after dark into Phuket airport, and I had planned on spending a night at the Renaissance Phuket before making it up to the JW Khao Lak. But my wife would prefer to spend the entire time in Khao Lak. I want to have a car, so how's the drive heading up there if we were to do it right away at night? Curvy, narrow, bad roads, etc sort of thing.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by leeky
the road from the airport north to KL is not bad except for one hilly/twisting road area about 15-kms before you reach the town of KL.

if you are intending to rent a car be advised that there will be at least 2 checkpoints, one just before going over the bridge and atnother one along the way, and either both could ask you under penalty of Thai driving laws to produce your Int'l drivers License.

although the renting agency probably won't ask that does not preclude your need for one in the event you are stopped at one of the check points and especially if you get involved in a fender bender.
Thanks for the info; I also forgot about the international driving license being necessary.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Phuket Renaissance offer -

Offer ends April 30, 2015!

Book by April 30, 2015 to enjoy 50% off room rate with daily breakfast for two persons and free in-room WiFi at the Renaissance® Phuket Resort & Spa for stays during May 1 - June 30, 2015.

Room rates starting from THB 3,300 per room per night.

Discover a chic boutique-like resort, a combination of modern touches of luxury and local architectural design located on Mai Khao Beach. Renaissance Phuket offers privacy and is only 15-minute leisurely drive from Phuket International Airport.

Earn Marriott Rewards® Points when you book this special offer with us directly!

Not yet a Rewards Member? Click the Marriott Rewards link at the top of this email and join today.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:05 pm

Going to book the Ren Phuket for this coming November on points. Two quick questions:

Chances of getting upgraded to a pool villa? There aren't any available to book through points.

How is the breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.