Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Just saw this posted in the "Thailand Deals" page on FT. Was looking for more info on the JW Khao Lak. It seems like a great deal, anyone have any doubts/reservations?
I would have to go in July or August, it's rainy season then right? How rainy usually--like, cloudy/drizzle all day, or just some big storms coming through? It's good to know in advance.
I will probably be in Thailand for 3-4 weeks so would just use this for a high-end long weekend or something, usually stay in 2-3* places in Thailand but this looks like a good deal.
THoughts? Thanks!

http://www.travelzoo.com/ap/local-de...z_adid=1708317
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:43 pm

First post, but long time lurker. I'm a Marriott Platinum - wife and I have reservations at Renaissance Mai Khao in September. Hoping to contact the hotel re: potential for upgrades / pool villa - will be the deciding factor between Ren and JW KL. Have read the whole thread, but haven't seen any posted email - any chance someone could message me if they have good contact info? Appreciate the help!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by dwr1127
First post, but long time lurker. I'm a Marriott Platinum - wife and I have reservations at Renaissance Mai Khao in September. Hoping to contact the hotel re: potential for upgrades / pool villa - will be the deciding factor between Ren and JW KL. Have read the whole thread, but haven't seen any posted email - any chance someone could message me if they have good contact info? Appreciate the help!
My experience for quickest way to get email for the property is to use @MarriottIntl on twitter.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: TK E+, AA EP, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by dwr1127
[email protected]
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum Premier, Marriott DC Chairman's Club, BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Just saw this posted in the "Thailand Deals" page on FT. Was looking for more info on the JW Khao Lak. It seems like a great deal, anyone have any doubts/reservations?
I would have to go in July or August, it's rainy season then right? How rainy usually--like, cloudy/drizzle all day, or just some big storms coming through? It's good to know in advance.
I will probably be in Thailand for 3-4 weeks so would just use this for a high-end long weekend or something, usually stay in 2-3* places in Thailand but this looks like a good deal.
THoughts? Thanks!

http://www.travelzoo.com/ap/local-de...z_adid=1708317
I have used these Travelzoo vouchers previously for the JW Khao Lak.
They are excellent value, for a really good hotel, especially as you still benefit from all the MR Elite privileges.
The only potential negative, if that is an issue for you, is the fairly isolated location.
There are plenty of shacks along the beach for dining, but it is a fair drive/taxi trip into town.
I would certainly recommend it though and we hope to use similar offers again in the future.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by D-B-F
This might lead to the same place, but I was given a different email address for contact. It is [email protected]. Best of luck.
Old May 4, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I'm going to be in BKK in Feb '15 and looking at taking a trip to Phuket for a couple days of beach relaxing & good food. Looks like the Ren and JW are same price for the dates I'd be there. As a Plat, at which one am I more like to get better benefits/upgraded room?
Old May 7, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by mikelat
I'm going to be in BKK in Feb '15 and looking at taking a trip to Phuket for a couple days of beach relaxing & good food. Looks like the Ren and JW are same price for the dates I'd be there. As a Plat, at which one am I more like to get better benefits/upgraded room?
From what I have read here , the general opinion is that the REN has better probabilities for getting an upgrade..
Old May 7, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
From what I have read here , the general opinion is that the REN has better probabilities for getting an upgrade..
You can pretty much take that to the bank. The JW doesn't upgrade.

But that should not deter staying at JW. I've now stayed at both. Got room with private pool at the Ren.

If you have kids or 3rd person things can change considerably so keep that in mind as 2 bed inventory is much less.

Personally I prefer the onsite food selections and pools at the JW over the ren. Yes you can hop on a tuk tuk for few min ride to either property but nice to just walk in and eat.
Old May 16, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I spent only one night at the Ren Mai Khao. As a platinum I was upgraded to a FABULOUS suite for that night. One of the nicest one-bedroom suites I've ever had. The view was of the garden, not the Andaman, but that was OK.

I agree that the food selection at J W is better, as are the pools.

Four of us (two couples) spent a few days at J W (actually staying at the Phuket Beach Club in a 2-bedroom condo) over the past new year. It was so relaxing and awesome. I used points to do the booking. I think it was a miracle that I was able to get 3 nights for free (although we spent lots of $$$ there because we attended the gala dinner on N Y Eve and spared no expense on nice wine and champagne).

I am checking everyday now, hoping to book another free stay at the Beach Club, but this time for one week instead of 3 days. Nothing is showing as available. If I book 2 rooms/2 persons each room, I can get the J W and rhe Ren, plus Khao Lak pool access rooms. I don't really want to book anything except the 2-bedroom condo. What do FTers think my chances might be? What I don't want to do is wait too long to book, and then have nothing available at all.

The Mai Khao Beach condos were available when I first started searching, but we don't want that club. We definitely want the Phuket Beach club that is connected to the JW.

So... what are my chances?
Old May 18, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
just completed my 4th stay at the Renaissance Phuket........

once again upgraded for our 3-nights to one of there private (splash) pool villas......their Thai restaurant still only open for dinner (but GM suggests they'll add lunch during the upcoming high-season) and continues to offer the best kahnah moo krob I've had in Thailand..............menu expanded by 100%.......

already planning a 5th visit.......
Just booked our 1st visit to the Ren. One week in January to follow our week at the PBC.

Still offering Plats breakfast at the Ren? Thats a big deal for us. Thank you!
Old May 19, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Just booked our 1st visit to the Ren. One week in January to follow our week at the PBC.

I'll be there tomorrow, I'll let you know.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker

Just checked in. Yes, they are offering plat breakfast for 2.
Old May 19, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I'll be there tomorrow, I'll let you know.
Nice! Enjoy.
Old May 19, 2014, 2:42 pm

Thanks for posting this info. Does anyone have experience with hotels extending the breakfast for Plats to include one child (8 yrs old in our case)? In particular, I have a reservation at the JW Khao Lak.

Thank you.

HW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.